Trump, his advisors, and his beloved press conferences

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
This is a statement I made a few days ago.

"There will be death," Trump said recently. Americans know what is happening. Did we really need to hear that from our President? He goes from fantasies about how all this will end soon to voicing comments from the grim reaper.

It is past time to end the coronavirus press conferences. Devolving into campaign-like, self-congratulatory comments, and oft repeated statements from medical experts, it is time to end them. We all know what the federal government has to do. Get medical equipment out to where it is needed most while working on cures and vaccines. Trump's government should do that instead of talking about it.

But that isn't Trump. Trump is a great believer in the idea that rhetoric solves all problems. He wants Americans to think the government is doing a "tremendous" job and everybody is "doing great" because he said so.

Trump is totally incompetent. So, it stands to reason he would appoint incompetent advisors. He has fired many of them during his Presidency, and great many of them quit, unable to work for an inept President. Trump replaced them with equally incompetent people, or worse. He has many "acting" advisors because qualified people are not interested and the unqualified can't pass Senate muster even though the Senate is controlled by Trump's party.

One example is Trump's acting navy secretary, Thomas B. Modly, who relieved the commander of the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, Brett E. Crozier, for writing to his superiors, acquainting them with the conditions aboard the Roosevelt. At most, Crozier deserved a slap on the wrist for using unsecure channels. But Modly fired him, turning a routine reprimand into major scandal for Trump. Modly then made matters worse by telling the crew of the Roosevelt that their captain was "too naive, or too stupid, to be the commanding officer of a ship like this."

Honestly, one has to work at being that stupid. One wonders how long it will be before Trump fires Modly. That is another reason Trump likes "acting" before the title. He can get rid of them easily.

Most Americans are very tired of the melodrama we keep hearing from Trump and Trump's Covid-19 team of "experts." Some "experts," Trump does most of the talking, but one of his "experts" managed to get in a word, even if it was ludicrous hyperbole. The US surgeon general, Vice Admiral Jerome Adams, spoke to Fox News on Sunday. He described the upcoming grim period of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States as a "Pearl Harbor moment" and a "9/11 moment." That is pure Hollywood, and Americans are sick of it. It was a mindless comment.

Peter Navarro is Trump's trade and manufacturing aide. He is an economic advisor, not a medical expert. So, it stands to reason Trump's appointee on the economy would publicly push back against National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Anthony Fauci's assertion that it's unclear whether an anti-malaria drug can be used to combat the coronavirus.

Naturally, Trump thinks the medical advice from his economic advisor is more accurate than the medical advice from his medical experts, and he supports that conclusion with a lie. Trump told Americans on Sunday that he strongly backs hydroxychloroquine to treat patients with COVID-19, despite scant scientific evidence that it’s an effective treatment. “What do I know? I’m not a doctor,” Trump said. “But I have common sense. The FDA feels good about it, as you know, they approved it.”

The FDA has not approved hydroxychloroquine, a popular malaria and lupus treatment, to treat COVID-19. Medical experts warn that reports of the drug’s benefits for COVID-19 patients are anecdotal and small-scale, and there is little scientific evidence yet that it works against the coronavirus.

But Trump prefers to listen to his economic advisor. "What do you have to lose?"

Your life. Oops, I guess Trump didn't know that. This is the guy running the Covid-19 press conferences? Good Lord!

You can bet your ass if I was standing over your hospital bed with a pocket full of this medicine you'd be begging me for it.

not unless a real doctor or scientist told me of its clinically proven effectiveness on COVID.

what i would like to see is donny take it like he said he would. unless...of course... he LIED.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

Best president in American history. Talks directly to the people, which pisses leftists off since their lies no longer work. Brilliant!

I wonder how many people Trump has saved by informing about the Trump cure.

he talks thru his twitter account like a juvenile.

did you hear him when he was going on & on about that drug? he was creepy as hell - talk about a real snake oil salesman.
It’s simple dumbass. Don’t take the drug. Clench you’re teeth.

or i could social distance & shelter in place, not shake hands & wear a mask. oh & listen to real MDs & scientists & not a bloated mango hued carnival barker.

You can bet your ass if I was standing over your hospital bed with a pocket full of this medicine you'd be begging me for it.

not unless a real doctor or scientist told me of its clinically proven effectiveness on COVID.

what i would like to see is donny take it like he said he would. unless...of course... he LIED.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

So you want Trump to get Kung Flu.

At least you admit being a sick libtardo. Are you one of those compassionate racists too?

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.
Dr. Steven Smith. Duke undergrad and Yale Medical school called it a “game changer”. You’re a drunk parasite housewife but know more than him? Crazy

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

At least you admit being a sick libtardo. Are you one of those compassionate racists too?

your reading comp sucks. donny himself said he would take that drug ... he never said anything about taking it IF he got sick - only that he was willing to take that drug. pretty stupid 'eh? that's what i want to see - him actually following thru with the bullshit he spews.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.
Dr. Steven Smith. Duke undergrad and Yale Medical school called it a “game changer”. You’re a drunk parasite housewife but know more than him? Crazy

that's cool & has zero to do with donny saying he would take a pill. you think your silly rants bother me zog? it just shows what an ankle grabber you are for your chosen one. you're such a good little cheerleader.

donny loves you long time.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

that's cool & has zero to do with donny saying he would take a pill. you think your silly rants bother me zog? it just shows what an ankle grabber you are for your chosen one. you're such a good little cheerleader.

What pill? Cuomo just said it looks like it works and they are using it widely in NY and have ordered more doses of it. Stupid drunk parasite.

"There will be death," Trump said recently. Americans know what is happening. Did we really need to hear that from our President? He goes from fantasies about how all this will end soon to voicing comments from the grim reaper.

It is past time to end the coronavirus press conferences. Devolving into campaign-like, self-congratulatory comments, and oft repeated statements from medical experts, it is time to end them. We all know what the federal government has to do. Get medical equipment out to where it is needed most while working on cures and vaccines. Trump's government should do that instead of talking about it.

But that isn't Trump. Trump is a great believer in the idea that rhetoric solves all problems. He wants Americans to think the government is doing a "tremendous" job and everybody is "doing great" because he said so.

Trump is totally incompetent. So, it stands to reason he would appoint incompetent advisors. He has fired many of them during his Presidency, and great many of them quit, unable to work for an inept President. Trump replaced them with equally incompetent people, or worse. He has many "acting" advisors because qualified people are not interested and the unqualified can't pass Senate muster even though the Senate is controlled by Trump's party.

One example is Trump's acting navy secretary, Thomas B. Modly, who relieved the commander of the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, Brett E. Crozier, for writing to his superiors, acquainting them with the conditions aboard the Roosevelt. At most, Crozier deserved a slap on the wrist for using unsecure channels. But Modly fired him, turning a routine reprimand into major scandal for Trump. Modly then made matters worse by telling the crew of the Roosevelt that their captain was "too naive, or too stupid, to be the commanding officer of a ship like this."

Honestly, one has to work at being that stupid. One wonders how long it will be before Trump fires Modly. That is another reason Trump likes "acting" before the title. He can get rid of them easily.

Most Americans are very tired of the melodrama we keep hearing from Trump and Trump's Covid-19 team of "experts." Some "experts," Trump does most of the talking, but one of his "experts" managed to get in a word, even if it was ludicrous hyperbole. The US surgeon general, Vice Admiral Jerome Adams, spoke to Fox News on Sunday. He described the upcoming grim period of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States as a "Pearl Harbor moment" and a "9/11 moment." That is pure Hollywood, and Americans are sick of it. It was a mindless comment.

Peter Navarro is Trump's trade and manufacturing aide. He is an economic advisor, not a medical expert. So, it stands to reason Trump's appointee on the economy would publicly push back against National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Anthony Fauci's assertion that it's unclear whether an anti-malaria drug can be used to combat the coronavirus.

Naturally, Trump thinks the medical advice from his economic advisor is more accurate than the medical advice from his medical experts, and he supports that conclusion with a lie. Trump told Americans on Sunday that he strongly backs hydroxychloroquine to treat patients with COVID-19, despite scant scientific evidence that it’s an effective treatment. “What do I know? I’m not a doctor,” Trump said. “But I have common sense. The FDA feels good about it, as you know, they approved it.”

The FDA has not approved hydroxychloroquine, a popular malaria and lupus treatment, to treat COVID-19. Medical experts warn that reports of the drug’s benefits for COVID-19 patients are anecdotal and small-scale, and there is little scientific evidence yet that it works against the coronavirus.

But Trump prefers to listen to his economic advisor. "What do you have to lose?"

Your life. Oops, I guess Trump didn't know that. This is the guy running the Covid-19 press conferences? Good Lord!
I just heard the recording aboard ship. A sailor replied to that Trump moron with "What the fuck!"
Damn, how shitty was that guys comments to the crew.
Trump has the Best people.

I just heard the recording aboard ship. A sailor replied to that Trump moron with "What the fuck!"
Link it. Leftists are really the “best people”

Link it. Leftists are really the “best people”
That recording will be all over the media as I speak. It is fucking disgraceful. Trying to spin it before you hear it is -pathetic. As you are.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

What pill? Cuomo just said it looks like it works and they are using it widely in NY and have ordered more doses of it. Stupid drunk parasite.

jesus H christ, zog - i never said anything about gov cuomo, just like i said nothing about any Dr smith. what the fuck are YOU on? try actually reading the words in front of you.

yada_yada_mug-Th.jpg

If he wasn't appearing daily and exhausting all questions from the "journalists", you be whining and crying that he was covering up and he should be impeached.

Like the other far-left Progressives, your panties are in a twist over the fact that President Donald Trump is doing a terrific job of handling a Pandemic far beyond anything we have faced before in history.

AGAIN.

cause he's

FULL OF SHIT.

your reading comp sucks. donny himself said he would take that drug ... he never said anything about taking it IF he got sick - only that he was willing to take that drug. pretty stupid 'eh? that's what i want to see - him actually following thru with the bullshit he spews.

It is pretty stupid that you did not manage to piece clear English together.

This is what a world of 60 IQs looks like.

Forum List

Back