Happy Confederate Memorial Day Texans

LeroyDumonde

Platinum Member
May 30, 2023
Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery, it was about forcing states to remain part of a confederation that they had withdrawn from.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

1. Because I am a citizen of the US and not a traitor. Aren't you a citizen of the US and not a traitor?
2. Because I like the US. Don't you?
3. Because the CSA would have lost to the US in another war a decade later. At the time the US had a bad habit of wiping out its opponents. It would have been Pogromesque.
4. Because I like that slavery was ended. Don't you?

Were it not for Hood's Texans my family tree would have fewer branches.

Miller's Cornfield, Battle of Antietam.

9f97c8d3f283ece662caaccae4f70ab6.jpg

Miller's Cornfield (usually referred to as 'the Cornfield') is a section of the Antietam battlefield of the American Civil War. It is remembered as the site of some of the most savage fighting of the Battle of Antietam, which itself was the bloodiest single-day action of the Civil War.

At the end of the day Robert E. Lee asked Hood where his men were, to which he infamously replied “dead on the field.” The Texas Brigade had suffered around 60% casualties....

In four hours of combat, almost eight thousand Union and Confederate soldiers had been killed or wounded in the area of the Cornfield.

1. Because I am a citizen of the US and not a traitor. Aren't you a citizen of the US and not a traitor?

The Confederates weren't traitors. So what does treason have anything to do with the Civil War?

No. Too much corruption and incompetence in government. Is that why you like the government?

3. Because the CSA would have lost to the US in another war a decade later. At the time the US had a bad habit of wiping out its opponents. It would have been Pogromesque.
So the US would be the good guys because they were the aggressors?

The Civil War didn't end slavery. In fact the 13th Amendment didn't even end slavery since the government can still use convicted criminals as slave labor.

The Confederates weren't traitors. So what does treason have anything to do with the Civil War?
Yes attacking the US is the definition of it.
No. Too much corruption and incompetence in government. Is that why you like the government?
I said the US. Are you a US citizen?

So the US would be the good guys because they were the aggressors?
No it means there would have been a lot less Southerners alive. Just ask the Comanche nation what happens.

The Civil War didn't end slavery. In fact the 13th Amendment didn't even end slavery since the government can still use convicted criminals as slave labor.
You're cute.

Yes attacking the US is the definition of it.
They seceded so were no longer part of the United States. Thus there could have been no treason. Furthermore the Union refused to remove Union troops from their territory, so the Union started the war.
I said the US. Are you a US citizen?
I'm a US citizen. That doesn't mean that I have to love the government. Or even like it. It's rife with corruption and incompetence. Why do you love corruption and incompetence?
No it means there would have been a lot less Southerners alive. Just ask the Comanche nation what happens.
So fewer Southerners alive is good? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
You're cute.
Yes, but I'm also telling the truth.

i'm more worried about child sex slavery here run rampant....of course libturds salivate when a child is mention

it is all about the children for sex

Forum List

Back