Climate Scientist: We Don't Need Data, You Can See Global Warming on TV

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Yep, that's the level of "science" by the doomsdayers.

Leading climate doomsayer Michael Mann recently downplayed the importance of climate change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary” because the impact is obvious.

“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change,” Mr. Mann told the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee at a hearing.

“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,” he said.

Mr. Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, spoke before the committee June 17 in Phoenix.

His comment drew hoots from climate skeptics, including the website Greenie Watch, which posted his comment under the headline, “‘Scientist’ Michael Mann says there is no need for statistics: You can just SEE global warming.”

“Unsurprising. The statistics are pretty doleful for Warmism,” the site said in a Monday post.

Keep reading…

Yep, that's the level of "science" by the doomsdayers.

Leading climate doomsayer Michael Mann recently downplayed the importance of climate change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary” because the impact is obvious.

“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change,” Mr. Mann told the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee at a hearing.

“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,” he said.

Mr. Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, spoke before the committee June 17 in Phoenix.

His comment drew hoots from climate skeptics, including the website Greenie Watch, which posted his comment under the headline, “‘Scientist’ Michael Mann says there is no need for statistics: You can just SEE global warming.”

“Unsurprising. The statistics are pretty doleful for Warmism,” the site said in a Monday post.

Keep reading…
And the truth shall set you free.

59303372.jpg

God are you people stupid. You always seem to see or hear or read what you want to see or hear or read. And then there's the point that you can't tell when you're licked. And god almighty are you fools licked.

God are you people stupid. You always seem to see or hear or read what you want to see or hear or read. And then there's the point that you can't tell when you're licked. And god almighty are you fools licked.

None of us compare to the just mockery of a Climate Change guru who says " just look out your window".. You need to read more REAL science and stop relying on Mann, Hansen, Jones, Trenberth and the other loudmouths that give science a bad name. And are increasingly frazzled and unprofessional..

Speaking of "licked".. Where have all the PREDICTIONS gone ???????? You seen any recently??????
What's the latest bookie bet on the GMAST in 2050? You're jig is about up BullWinkle. Might not even be anymore IPCC mega-masturbation fests.

"Man-made climate change is “not a matter of opinion, but of careful evaluation of data from a vast spectrum of scientific disciplines.”
Anne Yoder, Society of Systematic Biologists

"Man-made climate change is “not a matter of opinion, but of careful evaluation of data from a vast spectrum of scientific disciplines.”
Anne Yoder, Society of Systematic Biologists

And if anyone in science is qualified to define climate science -- it would be a "Systematic Biologist"..

:lmao: Hell --- he's RIGHT --- but if I tried that trick as a scientist -- you'd be all over my case.

Mann and friends need to be thrown in the garbage bin with Nye the anti science guy. We don't need no stinking evidence... just look outside and ignore the facts/evidence... Its warm today so it must be man caused...

The shear ignorance of democrats and their religious cult leaders..

The sheer ignorance of all the folks who seem incapable of understanding plain English...

Pray tell, where did Mann say that the evidence already collected - the work he has spent his life doing - was unneeded or irrelevant? His comment refers to FURTHER work. This is simply another version of 'the science is settled'. And it is. Whine and squeal all you want, you lost this one a good while back and you're chances of recovering it range from nada to zip.

Two threads in one day from the Warmers --- BOTH about "throwing away the tools of science and looking out your window or the 24 hour news cycle"..

Damn suspicious.. I believe the DNC GW platform that Mann was helping to write became a talking point at Dem UnderGround yesterday.. :rolleyes:

My calculations say it was NOT a coincidence..

Maybe Mann is trading his "tools" in for a sharper set..

None of us compare to the just mockery of a Climate Change guru who says " just look out your window"..

Since he didn't say "We don't need data", what explains your colossal screw up there in reading comprehension and logic?

You need to read more REAL science and stop relying on Mann, Hansen, Jones, Trenberth and the other loudmouths that give science a bad name. And are increasingly frazzled and unprofessional..

You're certainly good at reciting your enemies list, and projecting your own hysterical nature upon on the rational people. Have you looked at your own postings lately? You're getting increasingly incoherent.

Speaking of "licked".. Where have all the PREDICTIONS gone ???????? You seen any recently??????
What's the latest bookie bet on the GMAST in 2050? You're jig is about up BullWinkle. Might not even be anymore IPCC mega-masturbation fests.

Do let us know when your "science" graduates to anything beyond wild hand waving, invoking magic, and cursing at people.

None of us compare to the just mockery of a Climate Change guru who says " just look out your window"..

Since he didn't say "We don't need data", what explains your colossal screw up there in reading comprehension and logic?

You need to read more REAL science and stop relying on Mann, Hansen, Jones, Trenberth and the other loudmouths that give science a bad name. And are increasingly frazzled and unprofessional..

You're certainly good at reciting your enemies list, and projecting your own hysterical nature upon on the rational people. Have you looked at your own postings lately? You're getting increasingly incoherent.

Do let us know when your "science" graduates to anything beyond wild hand waving, invoking magic, and cursing at people.

What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,”

And?

Your thread is a lie. Nobody said not to collect data. The statement was that the raw data was not necessary to see the effects of warming.

If you're claiming otherwise, you're either stupid or dishonest. Let us know which is the case.

Wow .. Both You and Crickham can't read. What a coincidence..

Explain to me how "tools ..... are increasingly unnecessary because we can see..... " is NOT the saying that intuition and observation are becoming all that is required to see the coming super apocalypse..

HE SAID -- no tools required.. Just turn on the news or look out your window.. If his tools were my tools, I'd toss them out the winder and watch the Weather Channel also... :mm:

Mann and friends need to be thrown in the garbage bin with Nye the anti science guy. We don't need no stinking evidence... just look outside and ignore the facts/evidence... Its warm today so it must be man caused...

The shear ignorance of democrats and their religious cult leaders..
Throw out NOAA and their fake hurricane maps and their crazy cone of probability...these are fakers ...probably allies with the "Chi Com AGW scam" forget NOAA ...let the USMB Climate genius give those Hurricane forecasts instead of the scientific fakers at NOAA and NASA :badgrin:

Two threads in one day from the Warmers --- BOTH about "throwing away the tools of science and looking out your window or the 24 hour news cycle"..

Damn suspicious.. I believe the DNC GW platform that Mann was helping to write became a talking point at Dem UnderGround yesterday.. :rolleyes:

My calculations say it was NOT a coincidence..

Maybe Mann is trading his "tools" in for a sharper set..
Mann and sharp objects.... I can see this ending badly...

Forum List

Back