Free Speech takes Another Hit - Global Warming Skeptic "Fined" a Million Dollars for a Comparison

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Michael Mann is the creator of the infamous "Hockey Stick" diagram that was immediately discredited even by fellow climate alarmists after Al Gore included it in his Oscar-winning power point presentation. He successfully sued a couple of skeptical writers for comparing him to a child molester who worked at the same University as Mann. Here is the quote that he sued over:

"Mann could be said to be the Jerry Sandusky of climate science, except for instead of molesting children, he has molested and tortured data,”

I don't see how Mann has a leg to stand on, but the judge and jury did. That statement does not accuse Mann of child molesting, any more than when Democrats compare me to Hitler for supporting Trump, they are accusing me of murdering 8 million people.

I don't like it when morons accuse me of being like Hitler, but it never occurs to me to sue them, because we have a first amendment. But Mann is a Climate Alarmist fraudster, so of course suing was his first go to.

The case won't stand, of course. Appeals courts will note that it was a hurtful and inappropriate comparison, but it did not amount to libel or anything else actionable. The jury had the fun of awarding a cool million, but that money will never change hands.

Still, such a verdict could have a chilling effect.

Michael Mann is the creator of the infamous "Hockey Stick" diagram that was immediately discredited even by fellow climate alarmists after Al Gore included it in his Oscar-winning power point presentation. He successfully sued a couple of skeptical writers for comparing him to a child molester who worked at the same University as Mann. Here is the quote that he sued over:

"Mann could be said to be the Jerry Sandusky of climate science, except for instead of molesting children, he has molested and tortured data,”

I don't see how Mann has a leg to stand on, but the judge and jury did. That statement does not accuse Mann of child molesting, any more than when Democrats compare me to Hitler for supporting Trump, they are accusing me of murdering 8 million people.

I don't like it when morons accuse me of being like Hitler, but it never occurs to me to sue them, because we have a first amendment. But Mann is a Climate Alarmist fraudster, so of course suing was his first go to.

The case won't stand, of course. Appeals courts will note that it was a hurtful and inappropriate comparison, but it did not amount to libel or anything else actionable. The jury had the fun of awarding a cool million, but that money will never change hands.

The entire climate change fraud is based on power & control over other folks as it's always been with the narcissistic induced statist left marxists.

They awarded him $1 in actual damages from each defendant.

Take your meds, you're making even less sense than usual.

asking a hologram to take meds is a pretty stupid request....

But that is to be expected of a lying Jew Supremacist coward who was obliterated on the northern hemisphere of McBullshit issue right here...

But that is to be expected of a lying Jew Supremacist coward who was obliterated on the northern hemisphere of McBullshit issue right here...

Your brain is a hologram.

Sorry about your ex.

Are you on some sort of drugs?

Are you on some sort of drugs?

This is now the boilerplate "warmer" answer when their Co2 FRAUD is outed as FRAUD beyond their intellectual capacity to debate the issue...

In debate class, you just lost...

This is now the boilerplate "warmer" answer when their Co2 FRAUD is outed as FRAUD beyond their intellectual capacity to debate the issue...

In debate class, you just lost...
No, I am honestly asking if you are currently stoned, sloshed, baked, medicated, wasted, whacked-out, smashed, blasted, lit, snockered, feeling no pain, feelin' groovy, or otherwise under the influence of mind-altering chemicals.

No, I am honestly asking if you are currently stoned, sloshed, baked, medicated, wasted, whacked-out, smashed, blasted, lit, snockered, feeling no pain, feelin' groovy, or otherwise under the influence of mind-altering chemicals.

He's a hologram, he can't take drugs.

Still waiting for an explanation of

Why one Earth polar circle has 9+ times the ice compared to the other?
Why is there ice age glacier south of Arctic Circle on Greenland but no such ice age glacier north of Arctic Circle on Alaska?
Why if the oceans are "warming" is the record decade for canes still the 1940s?

If you cannot answer those questions, perhaps it is you who has a substance problem....

Still waiting for an explanation of

Why one Earth polar circle has 9+ times the ice compared to the other?
Why is there ice age glacier south of Arctic Circle on Greenland but no such ice age glacier north of Arctic Circle on Alaska?
Why if the oceans are "warming" is the record decade for canes still the 1940s?

If you cannot answer those questions, perhaps it is you who has a substance problem....
OK...you're all over the place. I have no idea what, if anything, you are attempting to say.

Do you?

I have no idea what, if anything, you are attempting to say

Actually this is a message board. You do not actually hear anything. Your problem apparently is that you cannot read....

Forum List

Back