Climate Scientist: We Don't Need Data, You Can See Global Warming on TV

duh :bye1::bye1:

"We've got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy.
"

- Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation

duh :bye1::bye1:

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony...
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world
."

- Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment

Lets face it........these people who have become global warming alarmists are exceedingly impressionable folks. The word "naïve" comes to mind, does it not?:eusa_dance:

And really......who can be that stoopid to think there are no special interests tied to AGW, but that's what these knotheads think!!:rock::rock:

The data doesn't matter. We're not basing our recommendations
on the data. We're basing them on the climate models
.”

- Prof. Chris Folland,
Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research

:tinfoil::tinfoil:HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:tinfoil::tinfoil:

Hey Flacaltenn............when you are being called a "dumb fuck" = you just poked an AGW religious guy smack dab in the eye with a red hot poker of pwn.:spinner:Its flashback time for these poor souls who were social invalids in the formative years and got their lunchpails kicked around the schoolyard on many occasions, thus the blip of rage!!:popcorn: munch munch........

Yep, that's the level of "science" by the doomsdayers.

Leading climate doomsayer Michael Mann recently downplayed the importance of climate change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary” because the impact is obvious.

“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change,” Mr. Mann told the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee at a hearing.

“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,” he said.

Mr. Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, spoke before the committee June 17 in Phoenix.

His comment drew hoots from climate skeptics, including the website Greenie Watch, which posted his comment under the headline, “‘Scientist’ Michael Mann says there is no need for statistics: You can just SEE global warming.”

“Unsurprising. The statistics are pretty doleful for Warmism,” the site said in a Monday post.

Keep reading…

downplayed the importance of climate change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary”

That's good news Mr. Mann, that means you don't need to fake your data anymore.

I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output

Climate-model output.....is that what you call your own ass?

How much research is still required to veryify the theory that bacteria cause disease?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth orbits the sun?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth's seasons are caused by its axial tilt?

How much research is still required to verify that CO2 absorbs and emits IR?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth is warmer than its black body radiation and albedo should create?

None, none, none, none and none.

Todd, baby, I don't need a model to tell me a glacier that I hiked up to a decade ago in the Cascades is now terminating a 1000 ft further up the mountain, and what is left is much thinner. I don't need a model to tell me that the tree line has moved up over 500 ft in an area in the North Cascades where I hunt mineral. I don't need a model to tell me the snow is going off earlier, and coming later in the area in Eastern Oregon where I was mostly raised. All these things I have seen with my own eyes.

And then there is the photos of the mountains and glaciers in the west, taken since the late 19th century. When comparing them to present day photos of the glaciers, the difference is dramatic. This is in your eye evidence. The only way any of this makes sense is if there has been a significant warming. Up to the scientists to measure that warming. But anyone can see that it has happened.

Todd, baby, I don't need a model to tell me a glacier that I hiked up to a decade ago in the Cascades is now terminating a 1000 ft further up the mountain, and what is left is much thinner. I don't need a model to tell me that the tree line has moved up over 500 ft in an area in the North Cascades where I hunt mineral. I don't need a model to tell me the snow is going off earlier, and coming later in the area in Eastern Oregon where I was mostly raised. All these things I have seen with my own eyes.

And then there is the photos of the mountains and glaciers in the west, taken since the late 19th century. When comparing them to present day photos of the glaciers, the difference is dramatic. This is in your eye evidence. The only way any of this makes sense is if there has been a significant warming. Up to the scientists to measure that warming. But anyone can see that it has happened.

I don't need a model to tell me a glacier that I hiked up to a decade ago in the Cascades is now terminating a 1000 ft further up the mountain,

Do you need a model to tell you how much longer the glacier would be if CO2 was 350 ppm, instead of 400 ppm?
Or how many trillions it would cost to reduce CO2 10 ppm in 2080?

And then there is the photos of the mountains and glaciers in the west, taken since the late 19th century.

Imagine if you could see what they looked like in 1750.

The only way any of this makes sense is if there has been a significant warming.

What would significant cooling, shorter growing seasons and mass famine look like?
At least we'd have cool, advancing glaciers.

Mann and friends need to be thrown in the garbage bin with Nye the anti science guy. We don't need no stinking evidence... just look outside and ignore the facts/evidence... Its warm today so it must be man caused...

The shear ignorance of democrats and their religious cult leaders..
Throw out NOAA and their fake hurricane maps and their crazy cone of probability...these are fakers ...probably allies with the "Chi Com AGW scam" forget NOAA ...let the USMB Climate genius give those Hurricane forecasts instead of the scientific fakers at NOAA and NASA :badgrin:

So how HAS the past 15 or so Atlantic hurricane seasons gone for you alarmists? Huh? Betcha still dancing for the big one...
So how has the hurricane season in the Pacific gone for you denialists?
What hurricane season?

ACE - accumulated storm energy is at a 150 year low...

How much research is still required to veryify the theory that bacteria cause disease?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth orbits the sun?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth's seasons are caused by its axial tilt?

How much research is still required to verify that CO2 absorbs and emits IR?

How much research is still required to verify that the Earth is warmer than its black body radiation and albedo should create?

None, none, none, none and none.

If warmers weren't pushing ever higher taxes and bigger government, I'd have less of an issue with their science.
And if they wanted to increase nuclear power, instead of windmills, because cheap, reliable power is better than expensive, unreliable power, I'd have less of an issue with their economics.

And if they wanted to build solar power satellites, instead of forcing utilities to buy electricity from every taxpayer subsidized rooftop installation, I'd have less of an issue with solar power.

What do higher taxes and big government have to do with the validity of the science?

What climate scientists can you name, pushing to spend trillions of dollars of tax money?

You seem to be arguing the grand conspiracy: they are lying because they will get rich. Number one: that is the hypothesis of paranoid fools. You're not a paranoid fool Todd. Two, taxes to pay for massive amelioration measures will not make climate scientists rich.

This comment from Mann can be taken another way: without further research, the claim that climate scientists are doing it to get rich off research grants goes poof, doesn't it.

You are already paying for global warming in your taxes. You think that the money for fighting the forest fires comes from some other source? County, city, state, and federal firefighters are paid out of our taxes. The rebuilding of destroyed infrastructure comes out of our taxes. What about the floods on the East side of the nation this year? How much private money goes into rebuilding the roads that were destroyed? How much federal and state money went into emergency shelters for those displaced.

Yes, Todd, you are going to pay significant tax money for global warming. But the scientists are not getting that money, your neighbors and fellow citizens that have suffered from the increases in fires and floods are the ones getting that money.

Forum List

Back