Christie not running

LOL. What leadership experience are you stating Gov. Christie has? Obviously you have no idea of the NJ Governors bio and simply parrot what you hear on this message board.

A local elected official, a lobbyist and a political apointment to be US Attorney in NJ, where he supervised 137 attorneys. Of course he also served on an advisory committee with the disgraced AG Alberto Gonzales. One wonders if he advised Gonzales and Monica Goodling in their 'good' works.

He's the governor of a state. Which is already more experience than the man you elected into the Presidency has.

No one who has elected Barack Obama to the Presidency is any position whatsoever to complain about the experience of another candidate. You've already lowered the bar to the bottom.

Not quite. President Lincoln's bio, or Harry Truman's. And the R party nominated Palin to be a heartbeat away from the job.

4 years of not being able to progress in a law firm from Junior associate and a community organization that would have hired my grandmother if she were a Harvard Grad and an attorney and willing to work for them as a community leader is deemed as better leadership experience than a mayor turned governor?

Please...explain.....

He's the governor of a state. Which is already more experience than the man you elected into the Presidency has.

No one who has elected Barack Obama to the Presidency is any position whatsoever to complain about the experience of another candidate. You've already lowered the bar to the bottom.

Not quite. President Lincoln's bio, or Harry Truman's. And the R party nominated Palin to be a heartbeat away from the job.

4 years of not being able to progress in a law firm from Junior associate and a community organization that would have hired my grandmother if she were a Harvard Grad and an attorney and willing to work for them as a community leader is deemed as better leadership experience than a mayor turned governor?

Please...explain.....

I also don't understand why you guys are stuck in the past on this whole Obama experience thing.

Unless George H.W. Bush runs in the next election, there is no one in the GOP field that can claim as much experience as President in the next election cycle.

People rejected this "not enough experience" talking point in '08. They certainly aren't going to buy it now.

Please...explain.....

there are fewer people in her state than in my county. and i could probably run a local school board and have as much experience as someone who was the mayor of wasilla.

i think you're mischaracterizing the president's professional experience, not to mention the fact that if ron paul had taught constitutional law, everyone on the right would be talking about his credentials as a constitutionalist.

All three of which had more experience than Barack Obama.

I'd agree Truman had more experience, he was considerably older than Obama but both were senators (truman longer, granted) but Truman had been VP only a short time before he took office and Truman was the only president who served in the 20th Cent. without a college degree; Obama has both an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

Palin's a joke. Lincoln had much less experience though both were lawyers, Lincoln served two terms in the House of Representatives and as a local postmaster.

I used Lincoln and Truman because both are two of our greatest presidents. Oh, and did I forget to point out that Palin is a joke.

You are aware that a senator is not a leader...does not use leadership skills as a senator...and even as it pertains to campaigning as a senator.....the leader of the campaign is the campaign manager.

So seeing as we are talking about leadership experience...why are you discussing experience as a senator?

All three of which had more experience than Barack Obama.

I'd agree Truman had more experience, he was considerably older than Obama but both were senators (truman longer, granted) but Truman had been VP only a short time before he took office and Truman was the only president who served in the 20th Cent. without a college degree; Obama has both an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

Palin's a joke. Lincoln had much less experience though both were lawyers, Lincoln served two terms in the House of Representatives and as a local postmaster.

I used Lincoln and Truman because both are two of our greatest presidents. Oh, and did I forget to point out that Palin is a joke.

You are aware that a senator is not a leader...does not use leadership skills as a senator...and even as it pertains to campaigning as a senator.....the leader of the campaign is the campaign manager.

So seeing as we are talking about leadership experience...why are you discussing experience as a senator?

Where does the magical imaginary "leadership" bar begin and end with you guys? No where in the consitution is there a clause saying that only persons with "leadership" experience can seek the office of the Presidency. I mean, by your logic we should limit presidential elections to governors and military officers.

And if being governor is the magical leadership card that must be punched, what do you say about a governor that abandoned her post and leadership duties?

Please...explain.....

there are fewer people in her state than in my county. and i could probably run a local school board and have as much experience as someone who was the mayor of wasilla.

i think you're mischaracterizing the president's professional experience, not to mention the fact that if ron paul had taught constitutional law, everyone on the right would be talking about his credentials as a constitutionalist.

first of all....speculating what the right would do is admitting such is nothing more than...well....speculation...so why do it?

Secondly.....if you compare the amount of employees in a state to the amount of volunteers on a local school board, then you are out of your league debating this.

Finally....to lead a state with a budget uin the bilions is no small feat...as much as you would like to claim it is. To negotiate with international corporations....to oversee a police force.....to have a border with a sovereign natoin.....well....lets just say it is not some small feat as you want to make it out to be.

Stop acting naive to push your partisan sentiments....for it is making you look....well.....naive.

You are better than that.

Shame on the media for once again pretending that someone was a serious candidate.
....Not-to-mention all o' the psychic-Teabaggers (comin'-outta-the-woodwork...or, their holes), with their "I told you so." post-event predictions.

Gee....what're the chances they (also) had an "I told you so." post-event prediction prepared for....if he did decide to run?

handjob.gif

So, the Rightwing Plan to have another North Eastern Candidate enter the race to help split the moderate vote, thus pushing ahead one of the other rightwingnuts has failed. Good for you Christie - the GOP has moved so far to the right that they have no chance at winning over independents in 2012.

So, the Rightwing Plan to have another North Eastern Candidate enter the race to help split the moderate vote, thus pushing ahead one of the other rightwingnuts has failed. Good for you Christie - the GOP has moved so far to the right that they have no chance at winning over independents in 2012.

Independants generally vote based on the State of the Economy, is the reality of things. Partisan hoop-dee-laa is only for the idealogues.

How many times does this poor guy have to say "no" before people believe him?

I am beginning to like him. He's like the anti-Palin. He says what he means and he actually sticks to his guns.

lol...and now the left is criticizing him for NOT being one that changes his mind (see Jillians and Wry Catchers posts).

I wasn't criticizing him. (maybe you want to look at my post again?)

I wasn't criticizing his decision not to run, in fact I think it was a smart decision on his part.

Maybe before looking at our posts you might take a course in reading comprehension, I pointed out his experience but did not demean his intelligence. Not running under the circumstances is smart; of course, he has ample reason to run given the lackluster support of those who are running so I would not criticize him if he changed his mind.

Where does the magical imaginary "leadership" bar begin and end with you guys? No where in the consitution is there a clause saying that only persons with "leadership" experience can seek the office of the Presidency. I mean, by your logic we should limit presidential elections to governors and military officers.

And if being governor is the magical leadership card that must be punched, what do you say about a governor that abandoned her post and leadership duties?

First of all...I am not saying one needs to have ledership experience to run for the office......I am saying it is wise for a vot4ert to examine leadership experience when electing a president. It allows us to see if, in fact, the candidate can lead.

And whereas we should not limit our candiodates to anything, I personally believe a candidate should have experience as a leader...be it a governor, a military officer, a corporate leader....

Let me take your crap out of your question and ask it without a spin....and then I will asnwer it....

And if being governor is the magical leadership card that must be punched, what do you say about a governor that RESIGNED her post and leadership duties

I would look at the reasons for the resignation and deem if they were reasons that warranted such resignation and done in the overall best interest of the state he/she were governing...and then make my call.

lol...and now the left is criticizing him for NOT being one that changes his mind (see Jillians and Wry Catchers posts).

I wasn't criticizing his decision not to run, in fact I think it was a smart decision on his part.

Maybe before looking at our posts you might take a course in reading comprehension, I pointed out his experience but did not demean his intelligence. Not running under the circumstances is smart; of course, he has ample reason to run given the lackluster support of those who are running so I would not criticize him if he changed his mind.

you threw these two quotes in during a debate about him NOT changing his mind....

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

Corollary: Stupid people stay the course and usually end up on the rocks
Wry Catcher

You said nothing else in that post....just those two qiotes while responding to Jillians response of how he could have changed his mind without "looking bad"

You want to make it like I have a reading comprehension issue...go for it.

I dont have any interest in playing childish games with you Wry.

Why would any intelligent person seek the Republican nomination and hope to win? Presidents usually govern from the middle, today's Republican Party has moved so far to the right a newly elected Republican President would battle not only liberal Democrats, but the radicals of the New Right which dominate the Republican Party today.

The best our nation can hope for is for the American voter to rebuke radicalism and remake Congress into reflective body where reason trumps emotion, where wedge issues are replaced with fair and balanced legislation honestly debated, and pols first priority is our Republic and it citizens.
Yeah.....2012 would be the perfect-opportunity to sweep-OUT as many congressmen/women who kept pushing the Tea Party agenda (in-search-of votes)!!

What'll be most amusing will be the ones who'll engage in some serious tap-dancing....in their efforts to deny collusion with the 'Baggers.....with the referenced quotes in split-screen!!!!!

532.gif

First of all...I am not saying one needs to have ledership experience to run for the office......I am saying it is wise for a vot4ert to examine leadership experience when electing a president. It allows us to see if, in fact, the candidate can lead.

And whereas we should not limit our candiodates to anything, I personally believe a candidate should have experience as a leader...be it a governor, a military officer, a corporate leader....

Let me take your crap out of your question and ask it without a spin....and then I will asnwer it....

And if being governor is the magical leadership card that must be punched, what do you say about a governor that RESIGNED her post and leadership duties

I would look at the reasons for the resignation and deem if they were reasons that warranted such resignation and done in the overall best interest of the state he/she were governing...and then make my call.

Obviously a matter of personal opinion. I would think the reasonable person would view a resignation by a leader as a disgraceful act that would bar any future advancement.

you threw these two quotes in during a debate about him NOT changing his mind....

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

Wry Catcher

You said nothing else in that post....just those two qiotes while responding to Jillians response of how he could have changed his mind without "looking bad"

jarhead, my criticism about the right not understanding that people change their minds (since the kerry/bush) race was a criticism of the POSTER who said his running would make christie a "liar".

you really need to ask me if you aren't sure what i meant or if i didn't make myself clear. but if i like a politician, and i think christie has many merits, you have to understand that i don't give a darn if they've changed their mind about somthing.

it's ok for people to change their minds based on new data (as opposed to being wishy washy... there's a difference).

Last edited:
That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
Yeah....it would have been too easy for Christie to beat Obama, huh???

loser_point.gif
loser_point.gif
loser_point.gif
loser_point.gif

529.gif

Obviously a matter of personal opinion. I would think the reasonable person would view a resignation by a leader as a disgraceful act that would bar any future advancement.

so there is no reason you can come up with for a leader to resign that you would deem noble, pertinant and in the best interest of whatever he/she leads?

Let me ask you this.....

If CEO of a corporation is accused of having sex with little boys...and although he is not proven guilty yet as it is in the courts and on the docket for next January....would you not see it in the best interest for him to resign?

If he were found to be not guilty of the charges..and to the contrary, it was proven that he was framed by the competition......would you say his resignation was disgraceful and he should never seek another leadership position?

Daniel Webster

Wry Catcher

jarhead, my criticism about the right not understanding that people change their minds (since the kerry/bush) race was a criticism of the POSTER who said his running would make christie a "liar".

you really need to ask me if you aren't sure what i meant. but if i like a politician, and i think christie has many merits, you have to understand that i don't give a darn if they've changed their mind about somthing.

it's ok for people to change their minds based on new data (as opposed to being wishy washy... there's a difference).

I understand.

Bear in mind, I actually read your post AFTER I read Wry's response that was nothing more than two quotes...

One discussing the merits of channging ones mind and the other addressing the down falls of not changing ones mind.

So when you put your post and his post together they both can easily be taken out of context.

Which is what I did.

He made a mistake. He will never have a better chance to be POTUS. He's an asshole for sucking the air out of everyone else's campaign.

Yeah.....he wouldn't let the media (or, Teabaggers) ALONE, right??

323.png

The future of the party are guys like Jindal, cantor, Ryan, and Jordan.

Yeah....sure....right....the pro-$timulu$ herd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Face the facts.....you Teabaggers BLEW IT!!!!!!

Go find yourselves a hobby, of some kind.

Politics just ain't your forte.​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back