Christie not running

What surprises me is how so many RW USMBers really wanted this man to run and EXPECTED him to and that he would win.

RWers really crack me up!
:lol:

I think that the epitome of being a good leader is to be able to weather storms and remain the leader.

He made a mistake. He will never have a better chance to be POTUS. He's an asshole for sucking the air out of everyone else's campaign.

The future of the party are guys like Jindal, cantor, Ryan, and Jordan.

how did he suck the air out of everyone elses campaign?

He never once gave any answer other than "absolutely not"

It is not his fault that the media refused to accept his answer.

Blame the media...they are doing everything in their power to divert the news away from Obama, Solyndra and other issues facing his presidency.
Yeah......Blame the media.....we neeeeeeever heard the Teabaggers pushing for his entry!!!

Run, Snooki, RUN!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbFGrmInng]Mr.L: Sarah Palin is a 1st Tier Candidate w/ 3rd Party Message - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

How the heck was this not obvious?

While part of me agrees with you, I actually think he could have gotten around that by saying, "I had no intention of running, but it became increasingly clear that my people needed me and were seeking me out".

Smart people change their minds. People seem to have forgotten that since the Kerry/Bush race...
....When Republicans re-labeled that Flip/Floppin'....and, made damned sure they convinced everyone they didn't participate in that, there stuff!!!

528.gif

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

While part of me agrees with you, I actually think he could have gotten around that by saying, "I had no intention of running, but it became increasingly clear that my people needed me and were seeking me out".

Smart people change their minds. People seem to have forgotten that since the Kerry/Bush race...

Yep. He could have played it to his advantage. A loss for conservatives, I think. I like Christie.

I think that the epitome of being a good leader is to be able to weather storms and remain the leader.

I agree.

But sometimes it is not about personally weathering storms....CLinton weathered a witch hunt storm....Bush weathered a storm of hatred...and they both took it like a leader should.

However, when the storm starts to affect those you lead, you sometimes need to put your pown personal pride aside and do what is best for those you lead.

Oh yeah...not to divert....but Obama has found a clever way to weather the storm...blame his predecessor...and when that got old, blame the opposition....and when that got old, blame the people and their lack of drive.

That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
My hat is off to Christie for looking past any need to attain power and seeing what this country needs, clear-headed and experienced leadership.

LOL. What leadership experience are you stating Gov. Christie has? Obviously you have no idea of the NJ Governors bio and simply parrot what you hear on this message board.

A local elected official, a lobbyist and a political apointment to be US Attorney in NJ, where he supervised 137 attorneys. Of course he also served on an advisory committee with the disgraced AG Alberto Gonzales. One wonders if he advised Gonzales and Monica Goodling in their 'good' works.
Probably not.

Gonzales was Lil' Dumbya's personal-lawyer (and, wasn't about to fuck-up that gig).....and, Monica Goodling (pretty-much) only answered to Pat Roberston.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]Bill Maher on elites - YouTube[/ame]​

He jsut said no...again...just like he said short of committing suicide, he didn't know how to say it more clearly.

soooo...according to the Rorschach reading cons, that means unless he offs himself by the end of the day - he's still considering it.

jillian..

One can change their mind...yes...

But when one is known to say ...

"I am not ready yet..I do not have the experience the position warrants..."

Well...at that point, Changing ones mind will be portrayed as self serving and not in the best interest of the country...
.....So, THAT'S why The DICK; Cheney (still) insists there are......

I agree.

But sometimes it is not about personally weathering storms....CLinton weathered a witch hunt storm....Bush weathered a storm of hatred...and they both took it like a leader should.

However, when the storm starts to affect those you lead, you sometimes need to put your pown personal pride aside and do what is best for those you lead.

Oh yeah...not to divert....but Obama has found a clever way to weather the storm...blame his predecessor...and when that got old, blame the opposition....and when that got old, blame the people and their lack of drive.

You folow every corny criticism to a T, dude.

"Blaming" his predecessor for a while was simply stating a damned fact as most Americans saw it and as the Election would have you believe in both Congress (2006) and his Margin of victory (2008).

If people jump on his back and begin the blame before giving him time to correct the path, and he answers with a factual statement.......it's hardly a retort to continue the stupid meme "oh yeah, sure *rolleyes* blame Bush! Boo000oo00shhh."

That's a tactic of diversion from having any sort of rational conversation. It's down-right childish.

And, the blaming the opposition thing. You know what? It's not new. Welcome to every President or Presidential hopeful EVER. Also, let's take a look at reality: record fillibusters (case could be made for obstruction using that fact alone........) - - > coupled with public statements like "our number one agenda is to stop his." I mean, it's not factual to lay some blame at their feet when he doesn't get some of his agenda passed?

Now, of course, ^ that's not at all to defend him, as the children who like to poke points will make one believe. It's simply to pull people away from the churlish bullshit "points" of a conversation and reel it back in towards adulthood.

you threw these two quotes in during a debate about him NOT changing his mind....

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

Corollary: Stupid people stay the course and usually end up on the rocks
Wry Catcher

You said nothing else in that post....just those two qiotes while responding to Jillians response of how he could have changed his mind without "looking bad"

You want to make it like I have a reading comprehension issue...go for it.

I dont have any interest in playing childish games with you Wry.

jarhead, my criticism about the right not understanding that people change their minds (since the kerry/bush) race was a criticism of the POSTER who said his running would make christie a "liar".

you really need to ask me if you aren't sure what i meant. but if i like a politician, and i think christie has many merits, you have to understand that i don't give a darn if they've changed their mind about somthing.

it's ok for people to change their minds based on new data (as opposed to being wishy washy... there's a difference).

I understand.

Bear in mind, I actually read your post AFTER I read Wry's response that was nothing more than two quotes...

One discussing the merits of channging ones mind and the other addressing the down falls of not changing ones mind.

So when you put your post and his post together they both can easily be taken out of context.

Which is what I did.

no problem ;)

I think the GOP has been acting as though Christie is some kind of savior, haven't they?? Like the democrats were accused of thinking of Obama as a savior.

Maybe they just like him and thought he could do a good job. The same way democrats thought of Obama.

I think the GOP has been acting as though Christie is some kind of savior, haven't they?? Like the democrats were accused of thinking of Obama as a savior.

Maybe they just like him and thought he could do a good job. The same way democrats thought of Obama.

We have one savior. His name is Jesus Christ. He is very good at His job.

Forum List

Back