Christie not running

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

How the heck was this not obvious?

While part of me agrees with you, I actually think he could have gotten around that by saying, "I had no intention of running, but it became increasingly clear that my people needed me and were seeking me out".

Smart people change their minds. People seem to have forgotten that since the Kerry/Bush race...

jillian..

One can change their mind...yes...

But when one is known to say ...

"I am not ready yet..I do not have the experience the position warrants..."

Well...at that point, Changing ones mind will be portrayed as self serving and not in the best interest of the country...

That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
My hat is off to Christie for looking past any need to attain power and seeing what this country needs, clear-headed and experienced leadership.

LOL. What leadership experience are you stating Gov. Christie has? Obviously you have no idea of the NJ Governors bio and simply parrot what you hear on this message board.

A local elected official, a lobbyist and a political apointment to be US Attorney in NJ, where he supervised 137 attorneys. Of course he also served on an advisory committee with the disgraced AG Alberto Gonzales. One wonders if he advised Gonzales and Monica Goodling in their 'good' works.

He's the governor of a state. Which is already more experience than the man you elected into the Presidency has.

No one who has elected Barack Obama to the Presidency is any position whatsoever to complain about the experience of another candidate. You've already lowered the bar to the bottom.

That's too bad. But after watching Obama floundering because of his lack of experience amongst other things, I respect his decision and see it as wise.
My hat is off to Christie for looking past any need to attain power and seeing what this country needs, clear-headed and experienced leadership.

LOL. What leadership experience are you stating Gov. Christie has? Obviously you have no idea of the NJ Governors bio and simply parrot what you hear on this message board.

A local elected official, a lobbyist and a political apointment to be US Attorney in NJ, where he supervised 137 attorneys. Of course he also served on an advisory committee with the disgraced AG Alberto Gonzales. One wonders if he advised Gonzales and Monica Goodling in their 'good' works.

alberto gonzales was the worst AG in the history of the republic, and i include john mitchell in that assessment.

truly a disgrace

Im shocked. Shocked I tell you! I really thought that despite him saying no every single time he was asked that he was going to suddenly change his mind at the last second, thereby becoming a liar and underminding any chance has from the beginning.

While part of me agrees with you, I actually think he could have gotten around that by saying, "I had no intention of running, but it became increasingly clear that my people needed me and were seeking me out".

Smart people change their minds. People seem to have forgotten that since the Kerry/Bush race...

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

Corollary: Stupid people stay the course and usually end up on the rocks
Wry Catcher

Actually, in his short time as Governor, he has demonstrated outstanding leadsership. He has made very strong decisions despite the backlash of very strong unions. He has accepted the heat and didnt pass the buck.

Sowhereas he is light on experience, he demonstrates that he has what it takes.

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."
Daniel Webster

Corollary: Stupid people stay the course and usually end up on the rocks
Wry Catcher

like a second stimulus?

He made a mistake. He will never have a better chance to be POTUS. He's an asshole for sucking the air out of everyone else's campaign.

The future of the party are guys like Jindal, cantor, Ryan, and Jordan.

how did he suck the air out of everyone elses campaign?

He never once gave any answer other than "absolutely not"

It is not his fault that the media refused to accept his answer.

Blame the media...they are doing everything in their power to divert the news away from Obama, Solyndra and other issues facing his presidency.

Giving key note speeches at the Regan Liabrary, his administration said he was considering a run, criticzing the entire field like he was running....The guy was cock teasing.

:eusa_pray:

alberto gonzales was the worst AG in the history of the republic, and i include john mitchell in that assessment.

truly a disgrace

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

can you say fast and furious really really fast? what an egghead.

He's the governor of a state. Which is already more experience than the man you elected into the Presidency has.

No one who has elected Barack Obama to the Presidency is any position whatsoever to complain about the experience of another candidate. You've already lowered the bar to the bottom.

Not quite. President Lincoln's bio, or Harry Truman's. And the R party nominated Palin to be a heartbeat away from the job.

Not quite. President Lincoln's bio, or Harry Truman's. And the R party nominated Palin to be a heartbeat away from the job.

All three of which had more experience than Barack Obama.

what experience?
Christopher Christie - Conservapedia

Morris County board of Freeholders from 1995-1998...During his tenure in office county taxes decreased by 6.6%

U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey and served from 2002-2008...Christie won convictions or guilty pleas from over 130 public officials, without losing a single case

he led the team that prosecuted Hemant Lakhani, who had the desire to broker the sale of shoulder-fired missiles to shoot down American passenger jets

"I have supported Chris Christie as being our U.S. attorney, fought for his ability to be that, endorsed what he's doing...There have been as many Republicans as Democrats who have been brought to justice because of Chris Christie. I think he's doing a great job."...Jon Corzine

On Christie's first day as governor he signed eight executive orders and froze several government regulations

In February, Christie announced that he would immediately freeze all state spending

Christie announced major cuts to education to help balance the budget bloat caused by years under Democratic governors

sounds good to me.

How many times does this poor guy have to say "no" before people believe him?

I am beginning to like him. He's like the anti-Palin. He says what he means and he actually sticks to his guns.

lol...and now the left is criticizing him for NOT being one that changes his mind (see Jillians and Wry Catchers posts).

what experience?
Christopher Christie - Conservapedia

Morris County board of Freeholders from 1995-1998...During his tenure in office county taxes decreased by 6.6%

U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey and served from 2002-2008...Christie won convictions or guilty pleas from over 130 public officials, without losing a single case

he led the team that prosecuted Hemant Lakhani, who had the desire to broker the sale of shoulder-fired missiles to shoot down American passenger jets

"I have supported Chris Christie as being our U.S. attorney, fought for his ability to be that, endorsed what he's doing...There have been as many Republicans as Democrats who have been brought to justice because of Chris Christie. I think he's doing a great job."...Jon Corzine

On Christie's first day as governor he signed eight executive orders and froze several government regulations

In February, Christie announced that he would immediately freeze all state spending

Christie announced major cuts to education to help balance the budget bloat caused by years under Democratic governors

sounds good to me.

Come on....you think that equals the expereince of being a 4 year associate with a law firm (not a partner mind you, an assoicate who has no reason to ever use any type of leadership skills)...and several years as a community organizer?

Pahleeeese!

I am beginning to like him. He's like the anti-Palin. He says what he means and he actually sticks to his guns.

lol...and now the left is criticizing him for NOT being one that changes his mind (see Jillians and Wry Catchers posts).

As I've said many times on here, I speak for myself and no one else. I don't quite understand this whole "poster X, who shares your philosophy said this! Now you must comment on how wrong they are!" thing.

I wasn't criticizing him. (maybe you want to look at my post again?)

All three of which had more experience than Barack Obama.

I'd agree Truman had more experience, he was considerably older than Obama but both were senators (truman longer, granted) but Truman had been VP only a short time before he took office and Truman was the only president who served in the 20th Cent. without a college degree; Obama has both an undergraduate degree and a law degree.

Palin's a joke. Lincoln had much less experience though both were lawyers, Lincoln served two terms in the House of Representatives and as a local postmaster.

I used Lincoln and Truman because both are two of our greatest presidents. Oh, and did I forget to point out that Palin is a joke.

Forum List

Back