Zone1 Christians Shouldn't Cuss!

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
That's just what I was told and I know it's true, but why is this person acting like they're all sinless and perfect when the only sinless person who ever lived is Jesus Christ? And okay I haven't met this person personally, it was from a Bible thing I was listening to but still, until they're sinless they should stop judging my sins. I know I have a problem with cussing, but liberal idiots aren't making it any easier. (Hopefully that's clean enough because I didn't know what else to call them since that's what they are.)

Universal adjectives hold a crucial place in every language. Cursing is like the chocolate syrup on an otherwise boring scoop of vanilla.

That's just what I was told and I know it's true, but why is this person acting like they're all sinless and perfect when the only sinless person who ever lived is Jesus Christ? And okay I haven't met this person personally, it was from a Bible thing I was listening to but still, until they're sinless they should stop judging my sins. I know I have a problem with cussing, but liberal idiots aren't making it any easier. (Hopefully that's clean enough because I didn't know what else to call them since that's what they are.)
Yeah. I cuss sometimes too.

Jesus told us to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. It's a high bar. We have to keep trying.

Meanwhile, in John's letter we are reminded that we should kinda call each other out when we mess up.

We're in this together. We are to love each other as Jesus loves us.

You could say it's a Bible thing.

Why shouldn't a Christian swear?
Where does it say "though shalt not swear"? And what difference does it make?

There's an expression. "Actions speak louder than words". A good Christian isn't one who doesn't swear, it's one whose actions speak for themselves.

That's just what I was told and I know it's true,
^
Then, just stop there. No buts. Take the good counsel like a man and be thankful to be made aware of a correct critique originally sent to you by a very wise King, regardless of who reminded you of it...

Proverbs 10:31-32 A good person’s mouth is a clear fountain of wisdom; a foul mouth is a stagnant swamp. The speech of a good person clears the air; the words of the wicked pollute it.

GOD damn it, I'll cuss any fucking time I want to...

And especially when I'm in fucking pain...

And cussing is GOD damned linked to honesty...

I don't swear just for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. I think we should use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words that anybody understands. - Henry Drummond (Spencer Tracy), Inherit the Wind (1960)

Now, ya racka-frackin' carrot-chewin' varmint!

shotgun-shoot.gif

You know how I can tell a Christian from a nice person?

The Christian is cussing, ranting, raving, slandering, threatening, intimidating, and belittling......while the nice person just stands there and smiles at them.

To this day, I have yet to see different.

Most people know them by the term........."Karen".
200w.gif

Christians arent supposed to take life either, yet in the military the first thing you are taught is how to take a life. Using curse words are the only way you can communicate with the progressives because of their stupidity with the language. Try talking politely to them, they think it is a sign of weakness. They go low, you kick em.

well just so ya know and....and i'm guiltier than some.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV /​

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Matthew 5:22 ESV /​

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Exodus 20:7 ESV /​

“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

I have heard a well educated man can swear fluently in several languages.

Swearing is not the unforgivable sin In Christianity.

Cussing is an individual choice or habit. If I am anything to go by, it is a decision made in youth or childhood.

1. If one can't keep the Lord's name holy and/or use it reverently, then nothing can be kept holy.

2. Modern cussing is boring because it is pure lack of imagination. Look up Shakespearean insults. I am sure all of those qualify as cussing, but at least they are imaginative.

3. Cussing tells more about the person who is cussing than the person being/thing being cussed.

So...in my case, I wanted to always keep the Lord's name holy. I wanted to be imaginative. I didn't want anyone to know that much about me. Shrug. So...It was easy for me to not take up the habit, but I don't consider it a virtue. That being the case then the opposite cannot be considered a sin, right?

Forum List

Back