Chilling - Gun confiscations begin in Florida

This is a very slippery slope, when legislators pass laws that allow local authorities to confiscate guns from individuals based on "criteria" before any crime has been committed.

While we certainly see the benefit IF THE PERSON WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED from murdering people, but none of the people from whom weapons were taken have. And yes, it's a small number of people to begin with. but once the precedent has been set, once Florida gets a Democrat gun grabber governor and legislature all it takes is arbitrary rulings to be added, such as anyone who's ever posted on a forum and seems angry about political circumstances, could be added to the list. Or anyone who supports certain Presidents. Don't ever underestimate the radical Left.

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

Here is a link to the full text of the law passed.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

If a person identifies you as potentially harmful through nearly any act or threat of aggression, you could have your guns confiscated.

This is a VERY VERY dangerous law. The state has declared lawyers hired to defend actions by defendants to block these actions cannot be awarded attorneys fees, thereby discouraging attorneys from taking cases where these actions have been initiated.

This should be seen as a shot across the bow to the 2nd amendment.

Unbelievable leeway to do large scale confiscations.
well, it's over.

the first is being used to remove your second

the state can now steal from you even though you are not a criminal.

a republican state passed this...
That’s what makes cache ing so vital. Guns and ammo are cheap, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring...
Legal guns aren't cheap or I'd have a few.

This is a very slippery slope, when legislators pass laws that allow local authorities to confiscate guns from individuals based on "criteria" before any crime has been committed.

While we certainly see the benefit IF THE PERSON WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED from murdering people, but none of the people from whom weapons were taken have. And yes, it's a small number of people to begin with. but once the precedent has been set, once Florida gets a Democrat gun grabber governor and legislature all it takes is arbitrary rulings to be added, such as anyone who's ever posted on a forum and seems angry about political circumstances, could be added to the list. Or anyone who supports certain Presidents. Don't ever underestimate the radical Left.

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

If a person identifies you as potentially harmful through nearly any act or threat of aggression, you could have your guns confiscated.

This is a VERY VERY dangerous law. The state has declared lawyers hired to defend actions by defendants to block these actions cannot be awarded attorneys fees, thereby discouraging attorneys from taking cases where these actions have been initiated.

well, it's over.

That’s what makes cache ing so vital. Guns and ammo are cheap, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring...
Relative to a 3D printer they are. I guess cheap is subjective. But many can be had for the price of a months rent or car payment. Give or take. The sky is the limit if you’re feeling spendy but a used Glock is rather cheap. So are used 10/22s. Heck they’re cheap brand new...

Last edited:

well, it's over.

Relative to a 3D printer they are. I guess cheap is subjective. But many can be had for the price of a months rent or car payment. Give or take. The sky is the limit if you’re feeling speedy but a used Glock is rather cheap. So are used 10/22s. Heck they’re cheap brand new...
anything I get would be a man stopper, 22s are iffy in the area.

plus the sound of a shotgun raking a round in is a really effective deterrent.

well, it's over.

Relative to a 3D printer they are. I guess cheap is subjective. But many can be had for the price of a months rent or car payment. Give or take. The sky is the limit if you’re feeling speedy but a used Glock is rather cheap. So are used 10/22s. Heck they’re cheap brand new...

My shotgun stays chambered. But to each, their own...

If the republicans who control the state of Florida didn't write in protections for everyone to have their day in court to prevent the confiscation from happening then that's the fault of the republicans in Florida.

If they did put those protections in that law then the confiscations are probably lawful. Guns were taken from people who doctors and the state proved were a threat to themselves and others

The way to prevent mass shootings is to identify the crazy people before they kill a bunch of innocent people.

It looks to me that the law is doing what it's supposed to do. Get guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people.

I thought you gun nuts didn't want crazy people to have guns. In fact you all blame it on people being mentally unstable and our government doing nothing about it.

Now Florida is doing something about it and you have a problem with them doing what you want them to do?

You people need to make up your minds.

All the damn liberals will lose their guns for threatening violence against conservatives.

A total of 6 guns will be confiscated. Big deal.

Since the corrupt liberals are the ones doing the grabbing, they will somehow be statistically exempt.
In the worst of times, this will largely affect those on the right I would conclude.

Excuse me but no liberal has taken anyone's guns.

The Florida state congress is totally controlled by republicans. The governor of Florida is a republican.

So republicans wrote the bill. Republicans voted for the bill they wrote and passed it through their republican controlled state congress. Then they sent that republican bill to the republican governor who signed it.

Tell me who is a liberal in all this.

Stop lying.

If the republicans who control the state of Florida didn't write in protections for everyone to have their day in court to prevent the confiscation from happening then that's the fault of the republicans in Florida.

If they did put those protections in that law then the confiscations are probably lawful. Guns were taken from people who doctors and the state proved were a threat to themselves and others

The way to prevent mass shootings is to identify the crazy people before they kill a bunch of innocent people.

It looks to me that the law is doing what it's supposed to do. Get guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people.

I thought you gun nuts didn't want crazy people to have guns. In fact you all blame it on people being mentally unstable and our government doing nothing about it.

Now Florida is doing something about it and you have a problem with them doing what you want them to do?

We don't want crazy democrats to have guns.... that is true. The problem is that the people who are grabbing these guns may not just be targeting crazy people...after all, they get to grab the guns, then you get to prove you are not crazy to a court, that isn't how our system is supposed to work...they are guilty until proven innocent.....that isn't how it is supposed to work.

The anti gunners will use any excuse to screw over law abiding gun owners, to the point of using insomnia as an excuse to remove gun rights...

All the damn liberals will lose their guns for threatening violence against conservatives.

A total of 6 guns will be confiscated. Big deal.

Since the corrupt liberals are the ones doing the grabbing, they will somehow be statistically exempt.
In the worst of times, this will largely affect those on the right I would conclude.

Excuse me but no liberal has taken anyone's guns.

The Florida state congress is totally controlled by republicans. The governor of Florida is a republican.

So republicans wrote the bill. Republicans voted for the bill they wrote and passed it through their republican controlled state congress. Then they sent that republican bill to the republican governor who signed it.

Tell me who is a liberal in all this.

Stop lying.

The ones on the bench giving the order to seize the guns..... left wingers on the 9th, 4th 2nd And 5th circuit courts of appeals are ignoring the rulings from the Supreme Court on the 2nd Amendment..... they ignore D.C v Heller, Caetano v Massachusetts, Miller v United States, and several others....... so the law is one thing, the ones at the bottom ordering the confiscations are another issue....they can order the removal in violation of the law, and then let you suffer going to court to try to get your guns back...since you are now mentally dangerous until you prove otherwise.

The law is a "Pre-emptive" law. That's the danger because it means you can be punished for a crime you have not yet committed.
What makes you think this new found power of bureaucrats won't be expanded to include revoking other rights for political reasons?

I would not be opposed to having guns removed from someone who has committed murder or someone who is threatening to commit murder.
But of the 500 plus people who've had their guns taken already, how many met this standard?

I'm not against making society safer, but I am against making the Constitution weaker and I'm against making it easier for bureaucrats to choose who can possess a firearm without due process or revoke any rights without due process.

Unfortunately in a FREE SOCIETY, people will sometimes be able to do horrible things. Preemptively punishing everyone and removing their Constitutional rights for their actions is not the solution.

Now, anyone in Florida who goes to a facility for depression or practically any mental issues is subject to have their guns confiscated.
That means MANY people who need help will not seek it now.

Answer this question......
If under this law someone had their guns confiscated, that means someone decided they were a potential threat to others or themselves.
However, that person still has a car and a driver license. Can you guarantee they won't now use their car to mow down innocent people in a crowd with their vehicle? So why wasn't their car taken and their driving privileges revoked also?

What happens now if those people's homes are invaded by violent thugs with guns? Who will bear the responsibility when they are killed because they couldn't defend themselves?

Where's the publicly available proof these people were actually a threat to anyone? Conveniently, their information gathered to have these actions taken is privileged and unavailable so it's possible to confiscate guns from practically anyone without providing the concerned public there was any justification. This reminds me of civil forfeiture and warrant-less searches. morons on the left are all for this crap, until THEY become the target.

If Florida gets away with this, this could be the grass roots movement that will expand and become the foundation of the 'Disarm America" movement.

I'm hoping for a challenge so that at least more public input can be given and more safeguards to protect people's Constitutional rights can be put into place.

We don't want crazy democrats to have guns.... that is true. The problem is that the people who are grabbing these guns may not just be targeting crazy people...after all, they get to grab the guns, then you get to prove you are not crazy to a court, that isn't how our system is supposed to work...they are guilty until proven innocent.....that isn't how it is supposed to work.

The anti gunners will use any excuse to screw over law abiding gun owners, to the point of using insomnia as an excuse to remove gun rights...

Sorry, but you don't know that to be the case. Most people have no problem with this law because there are people out there who scream about Parkland and how something should have been done to take the kid's guns away.

You are simply trying to have it both ways.

Ah yes, all crazies should have an arsenal. LOL What a bunch of stupid asshole losers you people are.
You have to be a fucking nitwit to believe mentally deranged people should be out buying arms. The Florida law is aimed at those who have made threats and are dangers to their family and the community. Only a lunatic would want to see these people armed to the hilt.
No it is aimed at anyone who is accused of being a threat whether or not it is true.

No proof required
As intended. It basically legalized theft by witch hunt.

come get them
What's the address?

US Marines barracks, Fort Benning GA, 31905\

Don't knock....

Thanks, Your Co will be notified. Last time I checked, all personal weapons had to be stored in the Armory and no the barracks or the POV or had to be stored off base. And your weapons for on duty had to be checked into the armory as well. Are you telling me that you are storing weapons in your Barracks? That would make you a Military Criminal. Why do I doubt anything you have to say at this point.

Wrong.

There is no ‘slippery slope.’

As already correctly noted: your thread fails as a fallacy by the same name.

Like most conservatives you’re a liar, a demagogue, dishonest, and a coward.

This policy is warranted and perfectly Constitutional, recognizes appropriate due process, and in no manner results in the ‘confiscation’ of firearms.
You're a legend in your own mind.

Sorry, but you don't know that to be the case. Most people have no problem with this law because there are people out there who scream about Parkland and how something should have been done to take the kid's guns away.

You are simply trying to have it both ways.

I know of many 2nd Amendment supporters that have said the same thing. But have balked at taking any action. Well, Florida took action. Of course, they also lost lives because action was not taken. Let's see how it goes. It just might work. Of course, if nothing comes from it then some will say how it doesn't work. Actually, if nothing comes out of it, that shows that it IS working.

well, it's over.

I can buy a few Hipoint 9mms without a background check that were purchased before the gun check laws all day long for about a hundred bucks a copy. Yes, they may jam after the first round or the 3rd or may even fire the whole mag. Or I can buy them brand new for under 200 bucks and they will probably not jam for a few hundred rounds. There are some real cheap guns out there to be had. What you probably mean to say is, good quality guns aren't cheap. Cheap guns are cheap.

Yes, taking guns away from mentally unstable people who have not killed anyone is a travesty. So is denying a drivers license to blind people until that actually run over someone in a crosswalk. Fucking idiot!

A blind person doesn't have a right to a driver's license.

well, it's over.

I can buy a few Hipoint 9mms without a background check that were purchased before the gun check laws all day long for about a hundred bucks a copy. Yes, they may jam after the first round or the 3rd or may even fire the whole mag. Or I can buy them brand new for under 200 bucks and they will probably not jam for a few hundred rounds. There are some real cheap guns out there to be had. What you probably mean to say is, good quality guns aren't cheap. Cheap guns are cheap.
I got a hundred dollar Makarov that has never jammed. Had it for 18 years.

well, it's over.

I was stationed a Pope AFB and we were sent TDY to Texas in the place of Little Rock to support an Army Exercise. We had Red Flight Line Passes that were supposed to be accepted. I was entering a checkpoint, showed my security badge and was stopped by the SP. He said I was not authorized to enter. I stepped on the yellow line and stated who I was and where I was from and where I was going. He hit the little button on his M-16 and the action slammed foreward as he yelled, "Face Down". It's Summer in Texas, the Tarmac is about 150 degrees. Did you know you can get spread eagle on the way down before you even hit the pavement? I know I can. I was there about 10 minutes before his boss showed up and explained it to him that he was to accept my security badge. Their Wing King made a special trip out to the Bird I was working on to smooth things out with me. Trust me, the slamming of a bolt of almost anything is usually all it takes along with a forceful verbal warning.

Forum List

Back