Chilling - Gun confiscations begin in Florida

This is a very slippery slope, when legislators pass laws that allow local authorities to confiscate guns from individuals based on "criteria" before any crime has been committed.

While we certainly see the benefit IF THE PERSON WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED from murdering people, but none of the people from whom weapons were taken have. And yes, it's a small number of people to begin with. but once the precedent has been set, once Florida gets a Democrat gun grabber governor and legislature all it takes is arbitrary rulings to be added, such as anyone who's ever posted on a forum and seems angry about political circumstances, could be added to the list. Or anyone who supports certain Presidents. Don't ever underestimate the radical Left.

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

Here is a link to the full text of the law passed.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

If a person identifies you as potentially harmful through nearly any act or threat of aggression, you could have your guns confiscated.

This is a VERY VERY dangerous law. The state has declared lawyers hired to defend actions by defendants to block these actions cannot be awarded attorneys fees, thereby discouraging attorneys from taking cases where these actions have been initiated.

This should be seen as a shot across the bow to the 2nd amendment.

Unbelievable leeway to do large scale confiscations.

If the republicans who control the state of Florida didn't write in protections for everyone to have their day in court to prevent the confiscation from happening then that's the fault of the republicans in Florida.

If they did put those protections in that law then the confiscations are probably lawful. Guns were taken from people who doctors and the state proved were a threat to themselves and others

The way to prevent mass shootings is to identify the crazy people before they kill a bunch of innocent people.

It looks to me that the law is doing what it's supposed to do. Get guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people.

I thought you gun nuts didn't want crazy people to have guns. In fact you all blame it on people being mentally unstable and our government doing nothing about it.

Now Florida is doing something about it and you have a problem with them doing what you want them to do?

You people need to make up your minds.
Do you or do you not understand the concept of DUE PROCESS?

Hey Jaraxle, check out post 84. It shows that Trump is in favor of taking guns away from people determined to be crazy FIRST, and then they have to do due process through the courts to get their guns back. Are you gonna bitch about Trump too? There's even a video showing him saying take the guns first, and go through the courts second.

Yep... Trump is not a policy expert on everything, so he would be wrong on this. Only twits like you who worship obama thought he was infallible....

I challenge you to prove either of those allegations. I have never worshiped Obama, and I have NEVER thought that Trump was infallible. However, many of you on here seem to think Trump is infallible because you continually defend his stupidity daily.

Oh.......................and if Trump is so great, why are the apple and potato farmers nervous? Oh yeah.................it's because of Trump's tariffs.

Washington apple farmers brace for impact after Mexico imposes tariffs on U.S. imports

This is a very slippery slope, when legislators pass laws that allow local authorities to confiscate guns from individuals based on "criteria" before any crime has been committed.

While we certainly see the benefit IF THE PERSON WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED from murdering people, but none of the people from whom weapons were taken have. And yes, it's a small number of people to begin with. but once the precedent has been set, once Florida gets a Democrat gun grabber governor and legislature all it takes is arbitrary rulings to be added, such as anyone who's ever posted on a forum and seems angry about political circumstances, could be added to the list. Or anyone who supports certain Presidents. Don't ever underestimate the radical Left.

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says

If a person identifies you as potentially harmful through nearly any act or threat of aggression, you could have your guns confiscated.

This is a VERY VERY dangerous law. The state has declared lawyers hired to defend actions by defendants to block these actions cannot be awarded attorneys fees, thereby discouraging attorneys from taking cases where these actions have been initiated.

You nut-bars are fond of the saying "an armed society is a polite society" right?

Better take that little gem to heart.

We do.... we know it to be true..... it is you asshats who create the gun controlled shooting galleries of Chicago, Detroit, D.C. Baltimore and St. Louis....

If the republicans who control the state of Florida didn't write in protections for everyone to have their day in court to prevent the confiscation from happening then that's the fault of the republicans in Florida.

If they did put those protections in that law then the confiscations are probably lawful. Guns were taken from people who doctors and the state proved were a threat to themselves and others

The way to prevent mass shootings is to identify the crazy people before they kill a bunch of innocent people.

It looks to me that the law is doing what it's supposed to do. Get guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people.

I thought you gun nuts didn't want crazy people to have guns. In fact you all blame it on people being mentally unstable and our government doing nothing about it.

Now Florida is doing something about it and you have a problem with them doing what you want them to do?

Hey Jaraxle, check out post 84. It shows that Trump is in favor of taking guns away from people determined to be crazy FIRST, and then they have to do due process through the courts to get their guns back. Are you gonna bitch about Trump too? There's even a video showing him saying take the guns first, and go through the courts second.

Yep... Trump is not a policy expert on everything, so he would be wrong on this. Only twits like you who worship obama thought he was infallible....

I challenge you to prove either of those allegations. I have never worshiped Obama, and I have NEVER thought that Trump was infallible. However, many of you on here seem to think Trump is infallible because you continually defend his stupidity daily.

Oh.......................and if Trump is so great, why are the apple and potato farmers nervous? Oh yeah.................it's because of Trump's tariffs.

Washington apple farmers brace for impact after Mexico imposes tariffs on U.S. imports

Trump is dealing with a history of unfair trade practices and trying to get rid of them.... those who profit from those unfair trade practices are going to use our people as hostages....... we'll see who wins that bet.

While we certainly see the benefit IF THE PERSON WAS ACTUALLY STOPPED from murdering people, but none of the people from whom weapons were taken have. .

Did you read the article?

Here is the first guy who had his guns confiscated:

Broward deputies sought the order in Smith’s case after he was arrested March 29 on an attempted murder charge for allegedly firing six shots into the back of a car being driving by his best friend, Jackon Lavon, 34.

And you object to his guns being confiscated?

Nope..... you take the obvious example.... can you guarantee that those are the only nuts getting their guns taken?

You nut-bars are fond of the saying "an armed society is a polite society" right?

Better take that little gem to heart.

We do.... we know it to be true..... it is you asshats who create the gun controlled shooting galleries of Chicago, Detroit, D.C. Baltimore and St. Louis....
Then what are you worried about?

If you can say Trump hasn't done a number of things beneficial to Americans, you're probably just another crazed leftist with TDS.

The apple farmers of my state aren't happy. In fact the farmers of my state in general aren't happy with trump. Not just the apple farmers.

I drive through farm areas of my state a lot. There used to be trump signs everywhere. I drove through one of those areas last month. I saw 2 trump signs. All the rest were gone.

The apple farmers of my state aren't happy. In fact the farmers of my state in general aren't happy with trump. Not just the apple farmers.

I drive through farm areas of my state a lot. There used to be trump signs everywhere. I drove through one of those areas last month. I saw 2 trump signs. All the rest were gone.

The election was almost 2 years ago..... why would there be Trump signs up?

What gun confiscations are going on in FL?

I'm thinking of getting a .308 bolt action that takes AR mags.

Kinda pricey, but I've seen some pretty stocks.

Bull barrel, 24-26" takes AR mags, beautiful stock.

I don't need no AR, I'd pay up to $800 for that.

Sub MOA grouping. The grouping is what's important to me.

We don't want crazy democrats to have guns.... that is true. The problem is that the people who are grabbing these guns may not just be targeting crazy people...after all, they get to grab the guns, then you get to prove you are not crazy to a court, that isn't how our system is supposed to work...they are guilty until proven innocent.....that isn't how it is supposed to work.

The anti gunners will use any excuse to screw over law abiding gun owners, to the point of using insomnia as an excuse to remove gun rights...

Sorry, but you don't know that to be the case. Most people have no problem with this law because there are people out there who scream about Parkland and how something should have been done to take the kid's guns away.

You are simply trying to have it both ways.

Wrong..... anti gun paper pushers in government have used all sorts of excuses to ban people from getting gun permits they deserve, and they have used insomnia and other weak excuses to keep guns out of the hands of people....

Having an actual process that keeps them from abusing this law is what they call "meeting in the middle" which for some reason always means the gun owner gets screwed over.

Remember all those complaints about cops confiscating property without due process......

You are innocent until proven guilty, and if you go out and take someones guns, you better make that process 1) free 2) easy to contest in court..... if it turns out that those losing their guns can't afford the court costs, and legal fees to get their guns back...what do you say to that?

Well, Combreadski, you still repeating what your Russian handlers tell you to say to cause malcontent and seperation with the Amercans?

The election was almost 2 years ago..... why would there be Trump signs up?

What's the matter, you Russian Bosses don't want to support him just yet?

We don't want crazy democrats to have guns.... that is true. The problem is that the people who are grabbing these guns may not just be targeting crazy people...after all, they get to grab the guns, then you get to prove you are not crazy to a court, that isn't how our system is supposed to work...they are guilty until proven innocent.....that isn't how it is supposed to work.

The anti gunners will use any excuse to screw over law abiding gun owners, to the point of using insomnia as an excuse to remove gun rights...

Sorry, but you don't know that to be the case. Most people have no problem with this law because there are people out there who scream about Parkland and how something should have been done to take the kid's guns away.

Wrong..... anti gun paper pushers in government have used all sorts of excuses to ban people from getting gun permits they deserve, and they have used insomnia and other weak excuses to keep guns out of the hands of people....

Having an actual process that keeps them from abusing this law is what they call "meeting in the middle" which for some reason always means the gun owner gets screwed over.

Remember all those complaints about cops confiscating property without due process......

You are innocent until proven guilty, and if you go out and take someones guns, you better make that process 1) free 2) easy to contest in court..... if it turns out that those losing their guns can't afford the court costs, and legal fees to get their guns back...what do you say to that?

Well, Combreadski, you still repeating what your Russian handlers tell you to say to cause malcontent and seperation with the Amercans?

Oh.... it's Friday night...... you are well into your booze and pills..... you need to stop, get help, get sober and clean....

Are you intoxicated?

Yes, taking guns away from mentally unstable people who have not killed anyone is a travesty. So is denying a drivers license to blind people until that actually run over someone in a crosswalk. Fucking idiot!

Comprehension is not your thing is it?
As was stated if you read, the problem is that this allows too much room for abuse.
Hopefully it will be challenged in court.

But being a sworn gun grabbing. ankle grabbing knee jerking twit, this is probably the best you can do.

Driving is not a Constitutional right and therefore 2nd amendment rights deserve better protection than driving PRIVILEGES. If you didn't have shit for brains you'd figure that out instead of saying such stupid things all the time.

Histrionics are apparently your strong point. By your own admission, you are basing your opposition to this law on a slippery slope logical fallacy. All laws can be abused and are no better than those who enforce them. Should we not have laws against armed robbery because someone might be racially profiled and falsely accused. ?

Yes, driving is not a constitutional right-and neither is being a threat to the public. Comprehension is clearly not YOUR strong point. Maybe you should try penis enlargement to get over your dependence on guns.
Do you plan to confiscate these weapons before or after the trial?

Oh.... it's Friday night...... you are well into your booze and pills..... you need to stop, get help, get sober and clean....

Did they pay you off in Vodka?

You keep making claims with zero evidence. Are you channeling a liberal now?

Florida doesn't have "gun permits" so you can back that truck up and try to stay on topic.

This is what happens when you give an inch...they take a mile.

I'm perfectly ok with the age being raised to 21, but the rest if kind of crap.

Forum List

Back