Centrist

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to our Jungle...
Old Lady used to provide welcome cookies until she got pissy.

Sorry newbie.
No chocolate chip cookies.

I believe in trying to find the mean between extremes. I am an independent who believes it is high time that we get rid of the electoral college and find a way to update the constitution. I favor a system that is truly secular with more than two major parties. I live by one major principle which is, "Treat people like you would want them to treat you".
Welcome to USMB, Joel. I have a long lost 1st cousin by that name. He served in Viet Nam. I hope that you enjoy the boards. :thup:

I believe in trying to find the mean between extremes. I am an independent who believes it is high time that we get rid of the electoral college and find a way to update the constitution. I favor a system that is truly secular with more than two major parties. I live by one major principle which is, "Treat people like you would want them to treat you".
Welcome to USMB, Joel. I have a long lost 1st cousin by that name. He served in Viet Nam. I hope that you enjoy the boards. :thup:
Maybe thats him!

Welcome to a good board that is far from polarized and in reading your post I think that you'll like that part. There are many well-read types here and you'll figure out which threads you'll want to check out and which ones you don't. Or, you might be the super flexible type and read them all! I'm relatively new but wanted to wish you a good experience:)

Just appoint people to positions of power by lottery. That way you can avoid ALL the crap. Unless you're one of those brainwashed types who believe that only the wealthy know what they're doing.

I don't believe only the wealthy know what there doing, I think most people know what their doing. The questions are is what you are doing legal and do you take into consideration how the effect of what you are doing helps or harms other people. If you don't give a damn then shame on you and our country will continue you to be the mess that it is. Don't want a lottery but term limits for all and schumpeterian economics where if Bush and Obama had the guts do let the banks fail the vacuum would have been filled and capitalism would march on and hopefully better then the mess were in.

I don't believe only the wealthy know what there doing, I think most people know what their doing. The questions are is what you are doing legal and do you take into consideration how the effect of what you are doing helps or harms other people. If you don't give a damn then shame on you and our country will continue you to be the mess that it is. Don't want a lottery but term limits for all and schumpeterian economics where if Bush and Obama had the guts do let the banks fail the vacuum would have been filled and capitalism would march on and hopefully better then the mess were in.

Most people don't know what they're doing. They are just programmed to follow. Next, if you have enough money, "legal" means absolutely nothing. Also, most of the people who run this country are lawyers by trade. Or as I choose to call them, professional liars. Next, there is one overriding consideration that most people follow. What benefits them. And the more money they make doing it, the less likely they are to care what happens to other people. But at least with poor people, they have been shown to be more likely to be honest. Because they live in a world of severe consequences. And that is because they have so often been on the receiving end. For those with some money, there are no real consequences. They are basically unaware of what the term even means. So we need our leaders appointed through a lottery. One that is only open to those who live at or below the poverty level.

You then go off the deep end with your talk of term limits. As it is, the only thing that restrains our political leaders is knowing that they have to get reelected. If you imposed term limits, political leaders wouldn't have to worry about getting reelected. They would just sell their vote to the highest bidder and leave America to "Suck It!"

I suggest you text Joe Biden.

That's pretty cool...too bad the wealthy own all the mechanisms controlling assets and telecommunications.
Translation...they don't care what you believe.

I believe in trying to find the mean between extremes. I am an independent who believes it is high time that we get rid of the electoral college and find a way to update the constitution

The constitution works, the electoral college works.
If it isn't broke don't try to fix it

I favor a system that is truly secular with more than two major parties.
SECULAR
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
I live by one major principle which is, "Treat people like you would want them to treat you".
The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively, form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations

Article 6
Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religion in the Constitution.
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

I just thought you should be aware of the above if you are not an American citizen
:)-

That's pretty cool...too bad the wealthy own all the mechanisms controlling assets and telecommunications.
Translation...they don't care what you believe.

We the people can lawfully tax away a chunk of that wealth. I truly believe that during the Biden administration those tax changes will occur.

A tough proposition, since I think 48 states opted for the 'Winner Take All' farce and it will be tough getting the votes for an Amendment to alter that. But, welcome; centrists are rare here, genuine ones anyway.

I believe in trying to find the mean between extremes. I am an independent who believes it is high time that we get rid of the electoral college and find a way to update the constitution

The constitution works, the electoral college works.
If it isn't broke don't try to fix it

I favor a system that is truly secular with more than two major parties.
SECULAR
denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
I live by one major principle which is, "Treat people like you would want them to treat you".
The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively, form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations

Article 6
Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religion in the Constitution.
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

I just thought you should be aware of the above if you are not an American citizen

He should also be aware that the indivudual states could have established religions; the clause didn't deny them that right. It only restricted the Feds from interfering in any way with expressions of Christianity.

Welcome. I find it interesting an Independent thinks that the Electoral College and the Amendment process should be replaced. How would you update those time-tested Constitutional processes?

Forum List

Back