Can You Still Support the Death Penalty Knowing an Innocent Man Was Executed?

I think, the answer is obvious.

The death penalty is just pointless. Think of the consequences of not putting a deserving person to the death penalty as opposed to putting an undeserving person to the death penalty. Combined with the high costs and the low effectiveness, it's no surprise that 88% of criminologists disagree with such a punishment.
How many people have been murdered in prison by lifers who should have gotten death, compared to known innocents executed in error?

How many people have been killed by people on parole for killings compared to known innocents executed?

How many scores of millions spent treating the Mansonites to three hots and a cot, and all the prison sex they wanted?
And your point is what?

So killing an innocent is ok? as long as you7 get some guilty ones along the way??

No, but I am fine with the system we have now....I would say that guilt for the death penalty can't just be circumstantial...it must be solid...but I don't see the death penalty as a horrible thing like you libs do....I mean....you guys don't mind if babies are killed in the womb in their millions...but execute a rapist who tortures and kills his victims...and you get all weepy....so excuse me if I don't take you guys seriously...

That's the logical conclusion to his argument.

See Iceweasel....you are trying to hold a lib to a logical conclusion to an argument they make....that was your first mistake....

Remember...they can only be held accountable for the good sounding ideas...holding them to the conclusion and outcome is unfair....

That's the logical conclusion to his argument.

See Iceweasel....you are trying to hold a lib to a logical conclusion to an argument they make....that was your first mistake....

Remember...they can only be held accountable for the good sounding ideas...holding them to the conclusion and outcome is unfair....
Yep, logic are hard!

I think Mark Steyn or Walter Williams points out that the left always calls the death penalty "State sponsered murder" to which they reply that putting a criminal in prison is "State sponsored Kidnapping."

The death penalty is just pointless. Think of the consequences of not putting a deserving person to the death penalty as opposed to putting an undeserving person to the death penalty. Combined with the high costs and the low effectiveness, it's no surprise that 88% of criminologists disagree with such a punishment.
No
Capital punishment is one of the stains we have on us as a country.There is no room for it in a civilized nation.
Thank you for your unsupportable opinion.
Now, can you present something worth discussing?

Those who caused the death of an innocent person
Witness and accusers should be charged and face the same penalty that would keep more innocent people from going to trial.

Leftist logic: The criminal justice system isn't perfect and thus the death penalty should be outlawed. Seeing as their is no such thing as a perfect justice system they will always hald the narrative on those terms. But I have a fix for the cost. Lets bring back the Roman Arena and charge admission on pay per view. They will have no obligation to fight until the day of execution in which they will be kept alive so as long as they can survive.

I do not support the death penalty, because I simply do not trust the court system.

Note that I live in the area where, for most of twenty years, the local FBI office was run as a criminal organization, committing and covering up crimes up to and including murder for hire! (The FBI knowingly not just covered up but signed off on a murder and sent four innocent men-two of whom were sentenced to death-to prison for it.)

I can support the death penalty, even knowing 1000 innocent people were executed, so long as every guilty person gets executed as well.
What do you think should be done when an innocent person is taken out in such a way. To me, the powers that be should be who is punished next. Being what they are doesn't mean that they should have a right to get away with any time that they screw up. The question is, what type of punishment should they be given? Yeah taking out an innocent person isn't ever their intention, but if its ever done anyway, what should be done next?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I can support the death penalty, even knowing 1000 innocent people were executed, so long as every guilty person gets executed as well.
What do you think should be done when an innocent person is taken out in such a way. To me, the powers that be should be who is punished next.
How do you punish the state for executing someone convicted of a crime, upheld on appeal?

Forum List

Back