Why I no longer support the death penalty.

Biblical revenge is no longer accepted in civilized societies

It's called justice.

Sorry but letting someone live their life out for some crimes isn't justice.

Plus idiots like you try to get really old ones out for reasons of "compassion" or because their crime was in your view politically justified. Look at all the old weathermen getting let out.

It's called justice.

Sorry but letting someone live their life out for some crimes isn't justice.

Plus idiots like you try to get really old ones out for reasons of "compassion" or because their crime was in your view politically justified. Look at all the old weathermen getting let out.

Many convicted of murder eventually get out

Spending a life in prison is not living, it’s existing.

Big difference.

Again, for you, maybe.

For someone who doesn't care, especially for a person who would take a life for something like $100, it's probably not that bad.

You fall for the classic mistake of thinking the impact of you being locked up is the same as some career thug being locked up.

I do not support the death penalty because it is not cost effective. Reducing the burden on society should be a prime mover. However, the cost, after endless appeals, and years jamming up the courts far exceeds that of a prisoner sentenced to life.

The system requires reform. One appeal, and then off to the fire pit.

I've always been a big proponent of that. A person should be allowed one appeal within six months of his conviction. If his appeal fails he is led from the courtroom to the death chamber...

Big difference.
No its living---they get to read, play on the computer, work if they want to, play card games and basketball--have sex with fellow inmates or their spouses, get out for covid and all sorts of other things.

Big difference.
Not to prisoners. Man is the most adaptable animals on the planet. Prisoners become instutionalized. They have hobbies, form relationships, fall in love. They have parties, sometimes family and friends can come. I have been to a few in Chino. They have prison bands, prison singers.

Before you bust a gut saying I make prison sound like Club Med, these pleasantries are actually a form of control. Everything the prisoner has comes from the state. There is nothing that can't be taken away for misbehavior. An inmate musician can get practice time taken away. A loved one transferred to another prison, No tv, no movie night.

Prison life is certainly not merely existing.

I've always been a big proponent of that. A person should be allowed one appeal within six months of his conviction. If his appeal fails he is led from the courtroom to the death chamber...
How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your blood lust? Give me a number.

So...either you believe the courts are infallible, or you consider executing an innocent person acceptable. Which is it?

I don't believe the courts are infallible at all. If someone claims he's innocent he can demonstrate that on appeal...

I did not read what you write but you are a fool. In Europe, this led to the fact that the villains did not care about the law at all. You want to kneel before the villains.

Forum List

Back