Why I no longer support the death penalty.

There is only one good reason not to execute murderers, and that is so they can pay full restitution to all concerned for their crimes.

It comes down to morality and an abandonment of eye for an eye justice

Most of the world looks at us and wonders
We used to brag about American Exceptionalism
"Eye for eye" is grossly misunderstood. It simply means let the punishment fit the crime.

Do you believe the US court system is infallible, or are you OK with executing innocent people? It is one or the other, which is it?
Easily solved problem using the biblical principle that deals with false witnessing.

Deuteronomy 19:

16 If a false witness (or prosecutor) rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;

17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;

18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;

19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.

Last edited:
No evidence? When the death penalty has been used, I have never seen that felon come back and kill another singe person. It is not to teach a lesson in society. It is because some commit crimes so horrible, their life is forfeit by their deeds and deserve to be removed from the herd, permanently.
I agree. I think the death penalty should be viewed more like removing a tumor from the body of society. It also should be done by firing squad and not the ridiculous side shows with injections or electric chairs.

I agree. I think the death penalty should be viewed more like removing a tumor from the body of society. It also should be done by firing squad and not the ridiculous side shows with injections or electric chairs.
1646519037606.png

In a way but I support penalties for harming others.
The 'worst' thing the state can do to an offender is to make him or her pay restitution for their crime. Sadly, we don't do this. The criminal gets away with it while everyone else gets to pay.

The 'worst' thing the state can do to an offender is to make him or her pay restitution for their crime. Sadly, we don't do this. The criminal gets away with it while everyone else gets to pay.

I'm all for making the Sackler family pay for the harm they have done AND putting them in prison.

Easily solved problem using the biblical principle that deals with false witnessing.

Deuteronomy 19..

16 If a false witness (or prosecutor) rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;

17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;

18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;

19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
SO...going to answer the question?

There’s a big difference between living and being alive. That being said, given the choice between painless execution and spending the rest of my life in prison, I’d opt for the easy way out.

The end result is the same either way.

The death penalty is the ultimate punishment and is deserved for certain crimes.

For some criminals 3 hots and a cot isn't good enough.
Most Civilized Societies have moved past revenge

Forum List

Back