Can Political Polls be trusted?

All I am saying is the Republican of the Fox News polls donated to the Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton against the Republican Donald Trump and I don’t trust democrats
Wtf is you ur point David Shaw donated to Hillary Clinton when she was going against Donald Trump.. he doesn’t like trump and is the R in the poll it’s a joke
So, what. Your article showed they donated to a lot of fine universities. Apparently, unlike Trump, they do not donated to candidates just for political favors as Trump has historically done. I am very glad Hillary lost, but I am glad some people show scruples when they donate. It does not mean they rigged a poll. You showed no evidence they have ever rigged a poll. People with scruples do not usually rig polls. Would FOX NEWS quote the poll if they thought it was rigged? What has right wing journalism come to?
I guess I cannot blame you. I used to trust Republicans.
Umm ok

White is a disinformation agent or knows very little.

Polls are crap.
I'm will to live with the polls on election day whether I like the results or not and always have. I am an American patriot. The rest of the polls do not actually excite me.

All I am saying is the Republican of the Fox News polls donated to the Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton against the Republican Donald Trump and I don’t trust democrats
So, what. Your article showed they donated to a lot of fine universities. Apparently, unlike Trump, they do not donated to candidates just for political favors as Trump has historically done. I am very glad Hillary lost, but I am glad some people show scruples when they donate. It does not mean they rigged a poll. You showed no evidence they have ever rigged a poll. People with scruples do not usually rig polls. Would FOX NEWS quote the poll if they thought it was rigged? What has right wing journalism come to?
Umm ok

Polls are crap.
I'm will to live with the polls on election day whether I like the results or not and always have. I am an American patriot. The rest of the polls do not actually excite me.

Your ignorance, and/or patriotism is no excuse for mathematical and scientific FACTS.

The reason we tend to try to discourage the media from doing exit polling is b/c states have their polls close at different times, and exit polling is so dead on balls accurate. It can sometimes prevent folks from even bothering to go out and vote.

For decades, international observers have used them as a check on government abuse and election fraud.

Other types of polls are garbage though.

So when you hear government or corporate media trying to disparage exit polls? You know that there was probably some election fraud going on.

Can political polls really be trusted?

No, the polls cannot be trusted. Biased news outlets, such as CNN, Reuters, The Washington Post, and ABC News, have been found to be disproportionately polling more registered Democrats and presenting the findings as a fair representation of all voters.

latest political polls today - Bing

Not anymore.

Even in the OFFICIAL vote democrats cheat by having illegals vote. You think they won't cheat on a poll where they can say whatever they want?

Polls are part of the media.

No, the polls cannot be trusted. Biased news outlets, such as CNN, Reuters, The Washington Post, and ABC News, have been found to be disproportionately polling more registered Democrats and presenting the findings as a fair representation of all voters.

The polls have been relatively accurate after the 2016 elections. Their findings have been confirmed by actual voting. The findings do not bode well for Trump.

Umm ok

Polls are crap.

Your ignorance, and/or patriotism is no excuse for mathematical and scientific FACTS.

The reason we tend to try to discourage the media from doing exit polling is b/c states have their polls close at different times, and exit polling is so dead on balls accurate. It can sometimes prevent folks from even bothering to go out and vote.

For decades, international observers have used them as a check on government abuse and election fraud.

So when you hear government or corporate media trying to disparage exit polls? You know that there was probably some election fraud going on.
Exit polls were not allowed to be aired until the polls in the west were closed, right?

The polls have been relatively accurate after the 2016 elections. Their findings have been confirmed by actual voting. The findings do not bode well for Trump.

Keep on thinking that..........sucker.

Umm ok

Polls are crap.

I thought Trump won in the electoral college based on the votes in all the states. You mean this thread was about post election exit polls? I missed that. Must have been too subtle for me. I did hear about some election fraud in the Carolinas, where some republican operatives were harvesting votes from people who did not go to the polls and did not fill out their own absentee ballets. I think he got caught. Is that the election fraud you are talking about? If this is something, Trump said, You know I don't believe him enough to pay any attention. He lies, just because it is his policy to shake up the left, cheer up and give talking points to his supporters, and confuse our foreign allies. Been his policy since day one. Alternative fact, remember? He's in his own world and drug the Republican party down in there with him.
Umm ok

Polls are crap.

This post is actually not about exit polls or discouraging people to vote by early reporting. I haven't even heard Trump bitching about that lately. Lord knows you can't believe a thing he says, anyway. This thread is probably about those other polls you mentioned. Some are garbage. Some are OK, at best. None of opinion polls themselves will directly effect the 2020 election. So if all of this pointless attack on my intelligence is just because several recent polls reflect more people favoring impeachment, cheer up you big baby. No need to whine at me. They did not even poll me. I told you, the poll that counts is on election day. If that makes me ignorant, then the problem is yours. If you got something else to bitch about, spit it out.

Reading entrails of chickens are about as accurate as some polls. Consider the source.

I dont believe they are reliable. Most polls are commissioned by a certain group, often, that group requests over sampling of a particular group. This skews the poll.

Basically, you can make a poll say anything you want it to say.
I read that is exactly how it happens most of the time. I just wonder....if the polls are skewed by the organization desires, does that change the number of people voting. If they thought it was a sure thing Hillary was going to win, maybe they didn't vote. I have a relative in Illinois where most of the Republicans don't vote because it's so democratic, it won't make a difference. I think that the GOP should make the extra effort to get them out to see if they can change that.
Well, the prediction polls i dont quite get. On one hand, they can be used as an attempt to demoralize the opposing party into not voting, on the other hand, it can backfire and cause your own people to think "we got this in the bag, no point in me going to vote".

Forum List

Back