California orders no EV charging over Labor Day weekend

I just heard on the news that Newsom is thinking about keeping the nuke reactor open for another 5 years.

He really won't have to. In spite of businesses and people leaving the state in droves, in 2035, anybody that can't afford an EV will also be leaving for states that still allow cars. Their only other choice will be mass transit which is the commies ultimate goal. Try hauling your seven bags of groceries home that way.

He really won't have to. In spite of businesses and people leaving the state in droves, in 2035, anybody that can't afford an EV will also be leaving for states that still allow cars. Their only other choice will be mass transit which is the commies ultimate goal. Try hauling your seven bags of groceries home that way.

That'll never happen. A few more years of Bidenflation and they'll only be able to afford 1 bag.

Or a few hundred pounds of tools to and from a construction site, where no public transit yet comes anywhere near that site.

50 years ago California was #1 in all the major categories. Housing affordability, roads, jobs, education, etc etc.

They’re now dead last or next to dead last in every category after Democrats took over.
It use to be a well managed Conservative government but Liberals in general and Democrats specifically turned The Golden State into The Shithole.

They allowed the Illegal filth to flood into the state. The Liberals had a welfare state with little or no voter identification required and the Illegals voted even more Democrat assholes into power to keep the welfare coming. Democrats always fuck up everything they touch.

The Democrat turds want to do this to the entire country.

and California is not set up very well at all for mass transit....at least were i lived...

i disconnect them from the computer and its just another thermostat.....
… and lose the power to your entire house under their proposed model. What they are proposing is nothing short of total oversight and override capability. Their other option, if they don’t brown/black you out is to charge you a MUCH higher rate to have your thermostat set where you want it. I’m talking three to four times your regular KWh rate.

This is DemoKKKrat leadership at it's finest. They banned gas engines, but lack the forethought and competence to provide adequate electricity to charge EVs.

I guess everyone can just stay home :auiqs.jpg:but make sure that thermostat isn't set lower than 78!

Enjoy!

Hoping to avoid blackouts, the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state’s power grid, warned Tuesday that it probably will issue a series of Flex Alerts over the next several days. Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Already, the grid manager has issues a “restricted maintenance operations” notice starting Wednesday — a directive telling power generators and transmission line operators to delay routine maintenance that would take generating or transmission equipment offline.
“Fundamental Transformation of America” - Economy be damned.

1662042895063.png

… and lose the power to your entire house under their proposed model. What they are proposing is nothing short of total oversight and override capability. Their other option, if they don’t brown/black you out is to charge you a MUCH higher rate to have your thermostat set where you want it. I’m talking three to four times your regular KWh rate.
lol....you are a funny guy.....you believe a lot of shit dont you?...

lol....you are a funny guy.....you believe a lot of shit dont you?...
Personally, I don’t think this is funny at all. It’s disgusting. It’s completely contrary to everything I believe in.

I also know that this is the future vision of NERC, FERC, the ISOs and the large electric utility companies. How do I know that? I work for one of them. I’ve worked on one of the proof-of-concept projects for SmartGrid.

I’m not saying this is going to happen tomorrow. It can’t. I’m not even saying it will ever happen. There are plenty of roadblocks that have to be eliminated before it can. I’m just saying that this IS the future state that many in the electric utility industry WANT to get to.

Personally, I don’t think this is funny at all. It’s disgusting. It’s completely contrary to everything I believe in.

I also know that this is the future vision of NERC, FERC, the ISOs and the large electric utility companies. How do I know that? I work for one of them. I’ve worked on one of the proof-of-concept projects for SmartGrid.

I’m not saying this is going to happen tomorrow. It can’t. I’m not even saying it will ever happen. There are plenty of roadblocks that have to be eliminated before it can. I’m just saying that this IS the future state that many in the electric utility industry WANT to get to.
you're not talking to real linemen then... they are livid at the total lack of planning commiefornia has done... mandates without thinking about how is stupidity on steroids.

you're not talking to real linemen then... they are livid at the total lack of planning commiefornia has done... mandates without thinking about how is stupidity on steroids
The linemen I WORK WITH totally agree that we are far behind in maintaining the grid across the entire country.

What I’m talking about is the replacement for the current grid. What these companies want to do moving forward from here. The FUTURE, not the present. It would require a massive overhaul (not just upgrade) of everything from customer metering to transmission and generation facilities and everything in between.

Hey, Newsom is chiseled, the strong-minded Prog women love him. To all you men, you will be fighting to survive in real terms when this is over. The ghettos will seem like a summer picnic.

Or we can leave things alone since they work so well. Nah, can't do that. Democrats always look to make more problems for everybody.

Forum List

Back