California orders no EV charging over Labor Day weekend

PG&E is doing this already.
So are most others.
I am a printer, we printed some letters for the utility here trying hard to get people to get them installed.
"Free upgrade"... which it isn't an upgrade to any modern thermostat, and $50 off of their first electric bill with the new thermostat.
I read the letter, particularly towards the end where most people stop reading. And that is where they tell folks during "peak hours" they may turn the thermostat up/down to prevent brown outs etc. Which I haven't seen a brown out since the 1970s - so that is also bullshit. I fully believe the government is involved in this somehow encouraging the companies to do this.

What both of you need to understand is that they’re not gonna give us an option other than existing 100% off the grid. No public utilities at all.

Hell, if they implement the full spectrum of their idea it won’t even be people making these determinations, but rather a series of computers across the country running an algorithm.
i disconnect them from the computer and its just another thermostat.....

I just heard on the news that Newsom is thinking about keeping the nuke reactor open for another 5 years.

What mandate? There is a thread on this already. Maybe you can add some more dis-information there.

When California is outlawing the sale of gas cars in 2035? You moron……you don’t think the leftist neo luddites won’t try it for everyone if they get power?

When California is outlawing the sale of gas cars in 2035? You moron……you don’t think the leftist neo luddites won’t try it for everyone if they get power?
Yeah, I think. Do you?
And when it's 2035 the ban would happen? Yes, as I do understand. Would ICE vehicles be banned? No. You can still drive one. I understand it's regarding "sales"
Is the OP about Labor Day weekend and charging EV's? Yes.
And likewise, MR. Moron, what is your problem now?

My girlfriend lives in Ca. She's hung up on liberal due she's the typical miss-informed. She wanted an EV like most of her neighbors, real progressive stuff. I talked her into a "plug-in", which translates to mean it's primarily GAS.

Gas you fucking headless nazi leftists, GAS

1.9% of the vehicles in Commie California are the stupid EVs.

There was a report on the news today that in order to provide charging capacity for those vehicles they need an additional 19 Gigawatts of new power generation. That is like the output of the dual reactor Diablo Canyon nuclear plant.

They don't have it and that is why they are telling everybody to stop using electricity.

In Physics (just like in Economics) there is a saying ; "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

1661992041979.png

California is doing nothing to increase the supply of energy. Putin funded Democrat environmental groups are trying to shut more plants down.

California Urges Avoiding Charging Electric Cars to Ward Off Blackouts in Heatwave Because State Loses Solar Power When the Sun Goes Down

Thanks to Democrats The Babylon Bee is now out of preposterous story lines.
Pedo Peter's cult of ultra groomers also ban generators so you can't charge your car when they turn off the power.

California is doing nothing to increase the supply of energy. Putin funded Democrat environmental groups are trying to shut more plants down.
Potatohead's Chicom buddies are tickled pink that the Environmental Wacko give marching orders to the filthy Democrat Party and they are destroying our economy.

This is DemoKKKrat leadership at it's finest. They banned gas engines, but lack the forethought and competence to provide adequate electricity to charge EVs.

I guess everyone can just stay home :auiqs.jpg:but make sure that thermostat isn't set lower than 78!

Enjoy!

Hoping to avoid blackouts, the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state’s power grid, warned Tuesday that it probably will issue a series of Flex Alerts over the next several days. Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Already, the grid manager has issues a “restricted maintenance operations” notice starting Wednesday — a directive telling power generators and transmission line operators to delay routine maintenance that would take generating or transmission equipment offline.
Epic face plant of the Biden/buttplug agenda...

1.9% of the vehicles in Commie California are the stupid EVs.

There was a report on the news today that in order to provide charging capacity for those vehicles they need an additional 19 Gigawatts of new power generation. That is like the output of the dual reactor Diablo Canyon nuclear plant.

They don't have it and that is why they are telling everybody to stop using electricity.

In Physics (just like in Economics) there is a saying ; "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".
Charging an EV doubles your power usage. That means your entire home use for a day, cooking, cleaning, AC, all of it. An electric car doubles it.

Forum List

Back