California orders no EV charging over Labor Day weekend

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
This is DemoKKKrat leadership at it's finest. They banned gas engines, but lack the forethought and competence to provide adequate electricity to charge EVs.

I guess everyone can just stay home :auiqs.jpg:but make sure that thermostat isn't set lower than 78!

Enjoy!

Hoping to avoid blackouts, the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state’s power grid, warned Tuesday that it probably will issue a series of Flex Alerts over the next several days. Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Already, the grid manager has issues a “restricted maintenance operations” notice starting Wednesday — a directive telling power generators and transmission line operators to delay routine maintenance that would take generating or transmission equipment offline.

Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles,

I don't see where anyone is being "ordered" to do anything...

Those stupid Democrats have really screwed up that state.

Just think what load it will put on the electric grid system after the Democrat's mandate of no more ICE vehicles goes into effect.

No wonder 1500 people a day are moving out of that Commie state to Free America.

Interesting sideline to the E.V. mandate. It's doubtful but in the event that Ca. manages to outlaw gas vehicles, the state will control access to charging stations. In other words the government will be able to regulate citizens ability to travel. It's Orwell country.

Those stupid Democrats have really screwed up that state.

Just think what load it will put on the electric grid system after the Democrat's mandate of no more ICE vehicles goes into effect.

No wonder 1500 people a day are moving out of that Commie state to Free America.

It's BEEN screwed up since before Swatsanagger was in office! He REALLY shoved that state down the toilet!!

It's BEEN screwed up since before Swatsanagger was in office! He REALLY shoved that state down the toilet!!

Before Arnold, it was Gray Davis, who cut a bunch of dirty deals with Enron and instigated the first wave of blackouts and failures in the state electrical grid. That twat was in office the first year I lived in Sacramento, and we got to experience 108 degree heat with no a/c.

Before Arnold, it was Gray Davis, who cut a bunch of dirty deals with Enron and instigated the first wave of blackouts and failures in the state electrical grid. That twat was in office the first year I lived in Sacramento, and we got to experience 108 degree heat with no a/c.

I lived in California when Davis took office.

We always had A/C...

Forum List

Back