By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

I could get all woke on this.

Don’t the batteries need lithium, or whatever it’s called?

Mined by children in dirt poor parts of Africa.

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

LOL Damn, I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time. So there is a market for a small urban vehicle. And the average price for new cars in the US is over $36,000, and you can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. Yes, you are very ignorant.

Sure, as I said, with you mindless libbers there is always a market for goofy things.

I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time.
Only an idiot with a death wish would drive one of those un-Smart Cars.
If you get hit from the side in an accident, you're toast. ... :cool:
My point was not the intellect of the driver, but the fact there are a lot of them used in the urban environment. So there is a market for a small vehicle like the Kandi.

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

LOL Damn, I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time. So there is a market for a small urban vehicle. And the average price for new cars in the US is over $36,000, and you can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. Yes, you are very ignorant.

Sure, as I said, with you mindless libbers there is always a market for goofy things.

So, you believe it is non-goofy to drive a 3 ton pickup with a huge diesel engine in it to the store for a loaf of bread. OK, LOL

So, you believe it is non-goofy to drive a 3 ton pickup with a huge diesel engine in it to the store for a loaf of bread. OK, LOL

No not at all....you buy the vehicle that best suits your needs. Likewise I think its stupid to drive around in little electric toy cars, but since you see them in urban locations all the time I assume they must be good for fast getaways.

View attachment 431949
In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.

You can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. $35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

Hmmm doesn't sound like the average of American made cars which I have paid no more than $23,000 for the last two times. You quote Ford and Chevy, that's what I buy and never hit the 30,000 mark. And that's for new, wait a year and get them for $20k or less. And they go 500 plus miles.

The present Tesla S goes over 400 miles on a single charge. And as soon as the start selling them with the 4680 battery, they will probably go over 500 to 600 miles. Their cyber truck will do 500 miles with the 2170 batteries, probably over 600 with the 4680 batteries. And that is for 2120 model vehicles. As the batteries improve, the range will also. As for used Tesla's, they still go for a premium. As the new batteries are put into more of their models they will come down in price.

Yes, they work well in Paris, or London, or any place where the speeds aren't high, and the congestion is bad. However, outside of those sorts of areas they are useless. No room for groceries, slow, overall, not fun to drive, but, in an accident they are a ready made coffin, so I guess they have that in their favor.

No not at all....you buy the vehicle that best suits your needs. Likewise I think its stupid to drive around in little electric toy cars, but since you see them in urban locations all the time I assume they must be good for fast getaways.

Neither the S, X, nor the 3 are little as compared to the cars they compete with. And they are far better constructed.

View attachment 431949
In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.

Hmmm doesn't sound like the average of American made cars which I have paid no more than $23,000 for the last two times. You quote Ford and Chevy, that's what I buy and never hit the 30,000 mark. And that's for new, wait a year and get them for $20k or less. And they go 500 plus miles.

The present Tesla S goes over 400 miles on a single charge. And as soon as the start selling them with the 4680 battery, they will probably go over 500 to 600 miles. Their cyber truck will do 500 miles with the 2170 batteries, probably over 600 with the 4680 batteries. And that is for 2120 model vehicles. As the batteries improve, the range will also. As for used Tesla's, they still go for a premium. As the new batteries are put into more of their models they will come down in price.

If they are so fantastic why don't they compete in endurance races? Hmmm?

View attachment 431949

Go buy a whole garage full of them, not for regular Americans.

Neither the S, X, nor the 3 are little as compared to the cars they compete with. And they are far better constructed.

And, contrary to claims, they only achieve around 75% of the claimed range under normal driving conditions.

Yes, they work well in Paris, or London, or any place where the speeds aren't high, and the congestion is bad. However, outside of those sorts of areas they are useless. No room for groceries, slow, overall, not fun to drive, but, in an accident they are a ready made coffin, so I guess they have that in their favor.

No room for groceries? How much groceries do you buy in one trip? They have a back seat area. And I bet the back seats fold down.

And, contrary to claims, they only achieve around 75% of the claimed range under normal driving conditions.

Really? But again, so what? How far do most people in an urban area have to drive to get groceries?

No room for groceries? How much groceries do you buy in one trip? They have a back seat area. And I bet the back seats fold down.

Enough to last for two weeks as an average. A Smart car has room for two bags. That's it. So, if you want to be inefficient, and make multiple trips to the store to try and buy what I can do in one....then I guess you're not very smart.

Really? But again, so what? How far do most people in an urban area have to drive to get groceries?

Depends if they are taking a flat screen or two along with the food....

Windmills, solar, and grid scale storage.

That’s an extremely expensive option. I work for a major electric utility company, and see the number of DG (Distributed Generation) facilities coming online. The cost to put these sites online is extremely high. Especially when we have to upgrade the local and regional infrastructure to support them.

Windmills, solar, and grid scale storage.

That’s an extremely expensive option. I work for a major electric utility company, and see the number of DG (Distributed Generation) facilities coming online. The cost to put these sites online is extremely high. Especially when we have to upgrade the local and regional infrastructure to support them.
They can drive their elitist vehicles on Mars.

The point being if you are a normal person an EV won't work for you. If you live and work within 20 minutes of downtown then an EV is fine. And it can be your one and only car.

However, if you live a long way from town, as I do, and the majority of people, then an EV only works as a 2nd vehicle. Most people don't want to spend that much money on a limited use vehicle though.

There are much better choices.

View attachment 431949

Go buy a whole garage full of them, not for regular Americans.

OK, I get your point. A regular American is a fellow with a big beer belly, tobacco stained teeth with brown slop oozing down his chin from his chew, driving a huge 4 X 4 pickup jacked up 3 ft. with an assault rifle hanging in the rear window. LOL Americans come in many different flavors in many different situations. For some, such a vehicle is all they need. And, yes, I would definitely like a top end cybertruck. So I could chew up your silly pickup on range, acceleration, and utility.

Forum List

Back