By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

LOL And nobody is going to buy any of the EV's that Tesla produces, either. That was your claim years back.

Never said that.. I always called it "a trophy car" for folks that already have one or two and think they are saving the planet".. AM I WRONG about that??
Yes, completely and totally wrong. The cost of ownership of a Tesla is less than that of the same class of ICE car by far. And as the new batteries come online, the range will be comparable to the highest range ICE vehicles. And they will outperform them in every arena. One more price reduction, and the cost of a Tesla 3 will be below that of the average cost of an ICE here in the US.

Image result for average car price in america

In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.Oct 22, 2019

LOL And nobody is going to buy any of the EV's that Tesla produces, either. That was your claim years back.

Never said that.. I always called it "a trophy car" for folks that already have one or two and think they are saving the planet".. AM I WRONG about that??
Yes, completely and totally wrong. The cost of ownership of a Tesla is less than that of the same class of ICE car by far. And as the new batteries come online, the range will be comparable to the highest range ICE vehicles. And they will outperform them in every arena. One more price reduction, and the cost of a Tesla 3 will be below that of the average cost of an ICE here in the US.

View attachment 434602
In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.Oct 22, 2019

Just bought a great new ICE car.. Getting 34mpg in city.. Don't NEED a 220V megawatt outlet and 6 hours to charge it.. Dont have to worry about charging my phone with the heat/air/lights/wipers/radio on..

It solves virtually NO enviro problem.. It CREATES MANY seriously polluting ones.. So MANDATE AWAY.. It's another incandescent light bulb boondoogle.. And don't count on me to SCRIMP on my electric usage when the neighbor is drawing down a fucking UNBELIEVABLE 82 Kilowatt - hr "fill-up"..

Do you understand how MUCH 82 Kwatt-hrs is??? Don't think you understand.. That's 82 hours of NORMAL American household usage.. That's adding ANOTHER 3.4 DAYS of usage to your weekly electric bill...

And adding capacity and range is just gonna increase the fill time..

Do you understand how MUCH 82 Kwatt-hrs is??? Don't think you understand.. That's 82 hours of NORMAL American household usage.. That's adding ANOTHER 3.4 DAYS of usage to your weekly electric bill...

That's the equivalent of about two and half gallons of gasoline.

Wow.. OldieRocks is fixing a big problem here. Costs me about $5 for that I guess. At 15c per Kwatt-hr -- O-Rocks is gonna pay over $12 for that same amount of power.. Guess the planet will survive if we ALL start charging EVs.. Hopefully NOT ALL AT THE SAME TIME... :hyper:

View attachment 434602

Just bought a great new ICE car.. Getting 34mpg in city.. Don't NEED a 220V megawatt outlet and 6 hours to charge it.. Dont have to worry about charging my phone with the heat/air/lights/wipers/radio on..

It solves virtually NO enviro problem.. It CREATES MANY seriously polluting ones.. So MANDATE AWAY.. It's another incandescent light bulb boondoogle.. And don't count on me to SCRIMP on my electric usage when the neighbor is drawing down a fucking UNBELIEVABLE 82 Kilowatt - hr "fill-up"..

No, he has no clue. He further completely ignores the fact that there isn't enough power generated in the country to realize his pipe dream. He is completely, and blissfully ignorant.

Or, he's an investor trying to sell his stake to the greater fool.

View attachment 434602

No, he has no clue. He further completely ignores the fact that there isn't enough power generated in the country to realize his pipe dream. He is completely, and blissfully ignorant.

Think you're right. Probably bought some of those new fractional shares in Tesla.. Because he only seems to show up now when the stock price moves up... LOL....

View attachment 434602

Think you're right. Probably bought some of those new fractional shares in Tesla.. Because he only seems to show up now when the stock price moves up... LOL....

You noticed that too, eh?

The dual motor Tesla 3 has a 73.5 KWh battery, and a range of about 280 miles. Try getting that mileage out of less than 2.5 gallons of gas. My electricity cost about $0.071 a KWh. So a complete charge on that car would cost $5.22 here. For the top end Tesla S and X, it would cost $7.10.

Wow.. OldieRocks is fixing a big problem here. Costs me about $5 for that I guess. At 15c per Kwatt-hr -- O-Rocks is gonna pay over $12 for that same amount of power.. Guess the planet will survive if we ALL start charging EVs.. Hopefully NOT ALL AT THE SAME TIME... :hyper:
LOL Dementia kicking in, old man? How many miles is your 2.5 gallons of gas going to take you? For what electricity costs me, a Tesla 3 dual motor can go about 250 miles on that much cost.

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Mine will still be there. Of course mine only gets used when I move my camper or boat. Which is not often. I drive a little once a week just so it doesn't freeze up.

Forum List

Back