By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

Tesla is not SpaceX.
I agree. But... I'm pretty sure changing a car battery would be easier to do than landing a rocket. Maybe I'm wrong.

and electricity can be sent wireless!

tesla did it.
Ummm... We have phone chargers that do it. o.0

I'm not sure you are making the point you think you are.

my point

currently the complaint is “battery power” and recharging batteries.

since battery power (electricity) can be sent wirelessly

as technology improves...

we will have battery powered vehicles that will recharge as you drive by picking up electricity wirelessly

they are already working on that

Induction from roadbeds is VERY wasteful and inefficient. Just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it's wise or a money maker... Go read how small a fraction of the energy SENT is actually USED... It does not "wait around" for a truck to pass over it.. BEEN "working on it" for about 20 years now..

This is the failure of wind, and solar as well.. NEITHER is an alternative source.. They are supplementary sources that CAN NOT be scheduled or traded/contracted and require FULL CAPACITY BACK-UP for when they are not available..

Before you blow all that money or cause others to do so -- go pull the 10 year graphs for wind or solar ETF stocks.. The MARKET doesn't expect much to happen from these technologies "to save us"..

Where do you think all that electricity is going to come from?
Windmills, solar, and grid scale storage.

Sooooo, when are you going to stop being a luddite and get away from windmills. Old, old tech, and they suck the big wahzeeny.
And when are you going to get a brain?

View attachment 424115

Solar and wind are INTERMTTENT sources of power, that is the reality you have yet learned.

Sooooo, when are you going to stop being a luddite and get away from windmills. Old, old tech, and they suck the big wahzeeny.
And when are you going to get a brain?

View attachment 424115

Solar and wind are INTERMTTENT sources of power, that is the reality you have yet learned.
I believe the electric grid in California can be intermittent. Don't they shut it down to avoid wildfires? Not a great advert.

The rate of increase in wind energy in the US is indictutive of what the utilities think of it.

U.S. total annual Electricity generation from wind electricity generation in the United States increased from about 6 billion kilowatthours (kWh) in 2000 to about 300 billion kWh in 2019. In 2019, wind turbines in the United States were the source of about 7.3% of total U.S. utility-scale electricity generation.Mar 24, 2020

Sure thing. And as the people figure out your propaganda is bullshit, they will stop.
Stop buying Tesla's? LOL Right now Tesla cannot keep up with the demand for any of their products. And they are making profits now, quarter after quarter, even as GM and Ford are skating on the edge of bankruptcy. Tesla is extending their vertical integration to develop their own mines for lithium and nickel. Many of their competitors in the future are going to have a very hard time getting the materials for their batteries, while Tesla will have it's own supplies, raw ore to finished automobile or truck.

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Half of the truck weight will be batteries.
Electric Cars are not zero emissions.
Zero emissions is a big fat lie.
The Power Plants emit a lot of emissions.
Liberals don't understand science.

LOL Spoken like a true dumb ass. No, the batteries are not 1/2 the weight of the truck. In fact, with the new batteries, a range of over 600 miles with a truck weighing less than a diesel truck is in the works. This article was published before the specs on the new battery were made public; Here’s Everything We Know About the Tesla Semi

The rate of increase in wind energy in the US is indictutive of what the utilities think of it.

U.S. total annual Electricity generation from wind electricity generation in the United States increased from about 6 billion kilowatthours (kWh) in 2000 to about 300 billion kWh in 2019. In 2019, wind turbines in the United States were the source of about 7.3% of total U.S. utility-scale electricity generation.Mar 24, 2020

Sure thing. And as the people figure out your propaganda is bullshit, they will stop.

progress is not propaganda

be a visionary
invest in the future
get rich

Mandated "progress" isn't. It is actually a hindrance. Real progress doesn't need government power to enforce use. Real progress needs no help. The people will run towards real progress.

Don't be a sheep. Save your money. Invest in REAL progress.
And history has proven you wrong repeatedly. The BPA, TVA, REA, were all examples of the government doing what private business would not or could not. Most of the early progress on solar cells was created by govenment programs. The early wind mill were heavily subsidized, almost as much as the fossil fuel companies. But now, without any subsidies, wind power is the least expensive way to generate electricity. Speaking of investing money in real progress in May of 2019, you could have bought a stock of Tesla for $37, today that stock is worth $659. How are the coal company stocks doing? LOL

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

nonsense

they said the same thing about horses and buggies

When was the last time you took a horse and buggy on an Interstate?

back

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Yea no kidding, My range is 1200 miles on full fuel. Batteries won't last that long so we aren't going anywhere soon.

And the truck pictured is autonomous. That hasn't worked and companies trying to do it go out of business.

batteries will get better

electricity can be sent wireless

some day youll have to give up your horse and buggy

Horse and buggies were out-competed. You morons want to ban ICE engine vehicles before electric vehicles are better.

People freak out about cell signals, you think they will be OK with amperage being sent wirelessly?

Not at all. The EV's are already better, and, in less than 5 years, will be less expensive. They can out accelerate ICE cars, they last far longer, they are safer, and they are making their companies a profit while GM and Ford are courting bankruptcy.

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

I could get all woke on this.

Don’t the batteries need lithium, or whatever it’s called?

Mined by children in dirt poor parts of Africa.

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

“The glamourous shop displays and marketing of state of the art technologies are a stark contrast to the children carrying bags of rocks, and miners in narrow manmade tunnels risking permanent lung damage,” said Mark Dummett, Business & Human Rights Researcher at Amnesty International.

“Millions of people enjoy the benefits of new technologies but rarely ask how they are made. It is high time the big brands took some responsibility for the mining of the raw materials that make their lucrative products.”

The report documents how traders buy cobalt from areas where child labour is rife and sell it to Congo Dongfang Mining (CDM), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chinese mineral giant Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Ltd (Huayou Cobalt).

Amnesty International’s investigation uses investor documents to show how Huayou Cobalt and its subsidiary CDM process the cobalt before selling it to three battery component manufacturers in China and South Korea. In turn, they sell to battery makers who claim to supply technology and car companies, including Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, Daimler and Volkswagen.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

Image result for average car price in america

In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.

You can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. $35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

View attachment 431949
In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.

You can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. $35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

Hmmm doesn't sound like the average of American made cars which I have paid no more than $23,000 for the last two times. You quote Ford and Chevy, that's what I buy and never hit the 30,000 mark. And that's for new, wait a year and get them for $20k or less. And they go 500 plus miles.

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

LOL Damn, I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time. So there is a market for a small urban vehicle. And the average price for new cars in the US is over $36,000, and you can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. Yes, you are very ignorant.

Forum List

Back