By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

I will
cruiserweb.jpg

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Figured out the password on your multitude of socks again, did ya. Here's the deal, there isn't enough generation capacity in the USA for your little fantasy. Time for you to grow up.

Keep in mind, in the world of commercial trucks, OTR's are a small minority. Most trucks are relatively local, and electric is a perfect fit. Gobs of torque, and the weight of the batteries is not an issue. I think a major transition by 2030 is a good bet.

Keep in mind, in the world of commercial trucks, OTR's are a small minority. Most trucks are relatively local, and electric is a perfect fit. Gobs of torque, and the weight of the batteries is not an issue. I think a major transition by 2030 is a good bet.

For short hauls maybe so. The bigboy Tesla max is 500 miles, but who runs their vehicles to they are empty. Recharge at 425 - 450...if recharge stations were plentiful. I read it takes about 90 minutes to recharge the truck. Not counting the wait in recharge line.

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

It's the only thing really standing in the way of making them as convenient as a ICE powered vehicle.

At least in warmer areas. I cold areas the byproduct heat and electricity you get from combustion is harder to beat.

For short hauls maybe so. The bigboy Tesla max is 500 miles, but who runs their vehicles to they are empty. Recharge at 425 - 450...if recharge stations were plentiful. I read it takes about 90 minutes to recharge the truck. Not counting the wait in recharge line.
With the new batteries, the range is now over 600 miles. Which is plenty for over 80% of the trucking trips. Recharging can be done at the terminal as the truck is loaded or unloaded, and the 80% charging time with the charger designed for the trucks is about 30 minutes. Also remember that Tesla constantly works to update their equipment, so I think it reasonable to expect that they will have a battery that will give 1000 mile range by 2030. And the industry seems to think so, also, as they have pre-ordered thousands of trucks. And the cybertruck has over 650,000 preorders.

Figured out the password on your multitude of socks again, did ya. Here's the deal, there isn't enough generation capacity in the USA for your little fantasy. Time for you to grow up.

Gee whiz, old walleyes, how well did all your predictions about Tesla stand up? LOL Elon Musk is now the second richest man in the world, and will have sold almost 500.000 cars by the end of this year. Next year, will sell between 750.000 and 1,000,000. As soon as his Texas factory is up and running, he will sell all it can produce as soon as it rolls out the door. Now that we have sane leadership in the White House, we will throw the gird into the areas with high wind and solar potential, and have electricity to spare. And all you whimpering "Oh we can't do that" fools will once again be proven what useless wags your are.

Do know how many lithium mines are in North America?

Obviously has no idea how many trucks are on the road. Yet to see one on the street. All garbage trucks converted to nat gas
And in Seattle;

One dumbass city is US boy ya got me there. UPS and FE EX put in orders for TESLA ....havent seen a one. Independents will be last onboard so diesels will be around decades minimum. Until you have a lifetime battery the used electric market wont work.

Forum List

Back