By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

Where do you think all that electricity is going to come from?
Windmills, solar, and grid scale storage.

Sooooo, when are you going to stop being a luddite and get away from windmills. Old, old tech, and they suck the big wahzeeny.
The rate of increase in wind energy in the US is indictutive of what the utilities think of it.

U.S. total annual Electricity generation from wind electricity generation in the United States increased from about 6 billion kilowatthours (kWh) in 2000 to about 300 billion kWh in 2019. In 2019, wind turbines in the United States were the source of about 7.3% of total U.S. utility-scale electricity generation.Mar 24, 2020

Sure thing. And as the people figure out your propaganda is bullshit, they will stop.

progress is not propaganda

be a visionary
invest in the future
get rich

Mandated "progress" isn't. It is actually a hindrance. Real progress doesn't need government power to enforce use. Real progress needs no help. The people will run towards real progress.

Don't be a sheep. Save your money. Invest in REAL progress.

Keep in mind, in the world of commercial trucks, OTR's are a small minority. Most trucks are relatively local, and electric is a perfect fit. Gobs of torque, and the weight of the batteries is not an issue. I think a major transition by 2030 is a good bet.
Hahahahahahahahaha and lets add to the destruction of the envoronment when those batteries have to be disposed of.

Tesla is not SpaceX.
I agree. But... I'm pretty sure changing a car battery would be easier to do than landing a rocket. Maybe I'm wrong.

and electricity can be sent wireless!

tesla did it.
Ummm... We have phone chargers that do it. o.0

I'm not sure you are making the point you think you are.

my point

currently the complaint is “battery power” and recharging batteries.

since battery power (electricity) can be sent wirelessly

as technology improves...

we will have battery powered vehicles that will recharge as you drive by picking up electricity wirelessly

they are already working on that

Tesla is not SpaceX.
I agree. But... I'm pretty sure changing a car battery would be easier to do than landing a rocket. Maybe I'm wrong.

and electricity can be sent wireless!

tesla did it.
Ummm... We have phone chargers that do it. o.0

I'm not sure you are making the point you think you are.

my point

currently the complaint is “battery power” and recharging batteries.

since battery power (electricity) can be sent wirelessly

as technology improves...

we will have battery powered vehicles that will recharge as you drive by picking up electricity wirelessly

they are already working on that
Joy... I had a bad day, didn't give you enough credit. My badd.

Stationary sources are much more efficient and more plentiful then mobile sources.

My guess is the source will be a combo of coal, natural gas, nuclear and oil as opposed to just oil for cars now.

Stationary sources are much more efficient and more plentiful then mobile sources.

My guess is the source will be a combo of coal, natural gas, nuclear and oil as opposed to just oil for cars now.
We already have brownouts, so we don't have the capacity to generate that much more electricity without going on a building spree.

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

nonsense

they said the same thing about horses and buggies

When was the last time you took a horse and buggy on an Interstate?

back
By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Yea no kidding, My range is 1200 miles on full fuel. Batteries won't last that long so we aren't going anywhere soon.

And the truck pictured is autonomous. That hasn't worked and companies trying to do it go out of business.

batteries will get better

electricity can be sent wireless

some day youll have to give up your horse and buggy

Horse and buggies were out-competed. You morons want to ban ICE engine vehicles before electric vehicles are better.

People freak out about cell signals, you think they will be OK with amperage being sent wirelessly?

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Yea no kidding, My range is 1200 miles on full fuel. Batteries won't last that long so we aren't going anywhere soon.

And the truck pictured is autonomous. That hasn't worked and companies trying to do it go out of business.

The present range of the Tesla truck is said to be 620 miles. By 2030, given the present rate of increase in energy storage in batteries, it will easily exceed that 1200 miles. The present Tesla's are capable of being both driven, and operating autonomously. However, as pointed out previously, most trucks trips are well within the range of the present 620 miles. The advent of practical EV's is less than two decades old, yet the present EV passenger cars outperform the ICE's in every aspect other than price. And that will change before 2025.

Then let the market settle it, instead of pushing idiotic ICE vehicle bans like in California.

The present range of the Tesla truck is said to be 620 miles. By 2030, given the present rate of increase in energy storage in batteries, it will easily exceed that 1200 miles. The present Tesla's are capable of being both driven, and operating autonomously. However, as pointed out previously, most trucks trips are well within the range of the present 620 miles. The advent of practical EV's is less than two decades old, yet the present EV passenger cars outperform the ICE's in every aspect other than price. And that will change before 2025.

Even if we dont take that bullshit number with a grain of salt, how long will it take to recharge? I can refuel this truck in 15 minutes and be ready to go another 1200 miles. And that includes wiping the bugs off the windshield and headlights.

No electric truck made in this century will be able to match that.

Last edited:
anynameyouwish

Do you know who Michael Shellengberger is? Well, under Obama he campaigned for the government to invest $billions in renewables and convinced Obama, and many people, that that was the only way forward.

Now he's realised -

So producing electric by renewables is not the way forward and the majority of people will never be convinced until battery technology is sorted out. At the moment, people feel we're going back to the steam powered days due to being forced into EV's with their current technology.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

Any day now!

1.jpg

Figured out the password on your multitude of socks again, did ya. Here's the deal, there isn't enough generation capacity in the USA for your little fantasy. Time for you to grow up.

Gee whiz, old walleyes, how well did all your predictions about Tesla stand up? LOL Elon Musk is now the second richest man in the world, and will have sold almost 500.000 cars by the end of this year. Next year, will sell between 750.000 and 1,000,000. As soon as his Texas factory is up and running, he will sell all it can produce as soon as it rolls out the door. Now that we have sane leadership in the White House, we will throw the gird into the areas with high wind and solar potential, and have electricity to spare. And all you whimpering "Oh we can't do that" fools will once again be proven what useless wags your are.

His government subsidies are gone. Ended in 2020.. He's had to cut PRICE on the Model 3 by 22% THIS YEAR to maintain volume. And he's LOSING Euro market like crazy because BMW and Mercedes are gonna eat his lunch on price and volume there.

Hope ya got EVERYTHING invested in EV trucking man -- you deserve to win sometime...

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

I could get all woke on this.

Don’t the batteries need lithium, or whatever it’s called?

Mined by children in dirt poor parts of Africa.

Windmills, solar, and grid scale storage.

Sooooo, when are you going to stop being a luddite and get away from windmills. Old, old tech, and they suck the big wahzeeny.
The rate of increase in wind energy in the US is indictutive of what the utilities think of it.

U.S. total annual Electricity generation from wind electricity generation in the United States increased from about 6 billion kilowatthours (kWh) in 2000 to about 300 billion kWh in 2019. In 2019, wind turbines in the United States were the source of about 7.3% of total U.S. utility-scale electricity generation.Mar 24, 2020
Nameplate capacity, or ACTUAL generation? Because wind power has a truly dismal capacity factor.

Forum List

Back