Brisbane (Australia) hits coldest temperature in 103 years

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The bad news just keeps rolling in for the AGW cult:

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

If you are lucky enough to be reading this from the comfort of your blankets, it might be best to stay there, as Brisbane has hit its coldest temperatures in 103 years.

Not since July 28 1911 has Brisbane felt this cold, getting down to a brisk 2.6C at 6.41am.

At 7am, it inched up to 3.3C.

Matt Bass, meteorologist from BOM, said the region was well below our average temperatures.

“If it felt cold, that’s because it was, breaking that record is pretty phenomenal for Brisbane,” Bass said.

“The average for this time of year is 12C, so Brisbane was about 9C below average, it is pretty impressive really, to have the coldest morning in 103 years is a big record.”

The coldest place across the state was Oakey which got down to -6.1C, which was the coldest temperature for the town since 2011.

Cool. In this thread, we have a USMB nutter denying that climate change is even happening. He's stating that the earth is getting cooler in his juvenile manner. But....he uses the term "AGW". Anthropogenic. Key word.

You know why that is?

It is because he isn't sure that climate change isn't happening...and if the shit hits the fan, he wants to be able to say that it is happening but not due to human impact. Frail egos do shit like that. Dude needs to leave wiggle room.

Last edited:
Isn't it winter in the southern hemisphere? I always thought that when it was summer in the northern hemisphere, that it was winter in the southern. I do believe that is correct. Now that they (Aussies) are in their winter season, does it get colder in winter time? Why, it sure as hell does.

So briarpatty has proven once again.........that it's colder in winter than summer.

What's next briar patty? Water is wet?

Cool. In this thread, we have a USMB nutter denying that climate change is even happening. He's stating that the earth is getting cooler in his juvenile manner. But....he uses the term "AGW". Anthropogenic. Key word.

You know why that is?

It is because he isn't sure that climate change isn't happening...and if the shit hits the fan, he wants to be able to say that it is happening but not due to human impact. Frail egos do shit like that. Dude needs to leave wiggle room.

Its in the 80s here, odd for Florida, climate change means more extremes, overall warming.

You know better to keep you mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot instead of opening it and removing all doubt.

What's next Einstein? The earth is round? The earth spins on an axis?

You know why that is?

Did you come back and edit this post? You certainly must have because prior to your post no one actually denied climate change was happening, implied maybe but not said.

What I know is that in the Continental US the average temperature has fallen since 1998 or 1999, your pick. Which would seem really strange if the globe was warming. Could be a change in the weather patterns bring down the vortex, maybe. Here check for yourself:

Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

the use of the A does signifies that perhaps the climate is warming, BTW the majority of Australia's climate is desert or semi-arid so a warm summer is not surprising but a cold snap is something to talk about. Is colder the way the climate change was suppose to happen? I guess the answer is yes, if that is the way the climate does change.

We used to call it weather.

In the discussion of climate change, climate disruption or global warming weather has no meaning. Of course the weather is the measure used to evaluate CC/CD/GW but other then that it is meaningless, especially when the temperature goes down.

Coldest Antarctic June Ever Recorded

According to the press release, during June this year, the average temperature was -22.4c (-8.3F), 6.6c (11.9F) lower than normal. This is the coldest June ever recorded at the station, and almost the coldest monthly average ever – only September 1953 was colder, with a recorded average temperature of -23.5c (-10.3F).

June this year also broke the June daily minimum temperature record, with a new record low of -34.9c (-30.8F).

Other unusual features of the June temperature record are an unusual excess of sunlight hours (11.8 hours rather than the normal 7.4 hours), and unusually light wind conditions.

In the discussion of climate change, climate disruption or global warming weather has no meaning. Of course the weather is the measure used to evaluate CC/CD/GW but other then that it is meaningless, especially when the temperature goes down.

Have you ever noticed that very complex systems (like our climate) have the tendency to exhibit strange fluctuations in what was once normal operations right before they collapse?

Like maybe the weather patterns will get very odd and extreme as the climate system moves toward a collapse in the distant future.

Just curious if you ever noticed that happening.

Have you ever noticed that very complex systems (like our climate) have the tendency to exhibit strange fluctuations in what was once normal operations right before they collapse?

Like maybe the weather patterns will get very odd and extreme as the climate system moves toward a collapse in the distant future.

Just curious if you ever noticed that happening.

Can't say I have been around long enough to notice a environmental change as you describe. I will say I did worry quite a bit about environmental change and the such back in the 70s, until I realized it was BS. Did you know we ran out of oil 20 years ago? Did you know that the world couldn't hold the population we had 20 years ago? Did you know that genetic engineering was going to be the end of our food supply? Did you know that a new ice age was a real concern?

But I do agree we need to separate isolated events from the discussion. There will always be records set, both highs and lows as we see everyday. I think it is disingenuous for both sides to use these isolated events to prove a point, but as you see both sides do.

So what is a person to do? Well in my opinion we check the nest we sleep in and that is what I did. I went to the NCDC and checked the temperature for the last 15 or so years. You can too. Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Check the average Continental US temperature from 1998 or 1999 on and see for yourself the trend. (make sure you pick annual as the timeframe if not be careful the date you start)

BTW I ask your question back to you, have you noticed extreme weather changes in your nest?

I posted the story about the Antarctic, did anyone see anything in the short report that seems really strange?

You know why that is?

Did you come back and edit this post? You certainly must have because prior to your post no one actually denied climate change was happening, implied maybe but not said.

What I know is that in the Continental US the average temperature has fallen since 1998 or 1999, your pick. Which would seem really strange if the globe was warming. Could be a change in the weather patterns bring down the vortex, maybe. Here check for yourself:

Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

the use of the A does signifies that perhaps the climate is warming, BTW the majority of Australia's climate is desert or semi-arid so a warm summer is not surprising but a cold snap is something to talk about. Is colder the way the climate change was suppose to happen? I guess the answer is yes, if that is the way the climate does change.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the edit comment. The OP denies climate change in his post. Did he say "I deny the existence of climate change"? No. Does he have to? No.

You know why that is?

Its in the 80s here, odd for Florida, climate change means more extremes, overall warming.

What's odd about it, from another Floridian.

The AGWCult responds

...er, because of Climate Disruption!!

That's why we stopped calling it Global Warming, it's not warming, so now we can point to any story on the Weather Channel and Shriek: CLIMATE DISRUPTION!!!!

You know why that is?

science deniers are amusing, aren't they?

they think G-d won't give them anything they can't destroy :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back