Breakfast Meats?

The AHA, AMA and the hospital where my bypass surgery was performed in 1994 have all recommended against any kind of trans fat or saturated fat since at least that time. For people with cardio-vascular disease, they also recommend a total fat intake of less than 25% of your diet. But, I really don't care what you want to eat, I am just making an observation. If I was concerned about it, I wouldn't eat it.
The whole "dietary saturated fat causes cardiovascular disease" myth was debunked about a half a century ago. It's based on junk science. The fact is that there are very monied interests that fund the pseudoscientific studies and the junk science becomes dogma.

The last time I got tested I have 0% blockage in my arteries. The average for someone my age is 40%-50% blockage. Doc says I'm in better shape than most people half my age. So I must be doing something right. And I eat a lot of saturated fats.

Last edited:
A somewhat new phenomenon for me, I now eat breakfast every morning. More often that not it's eggs: scrambled, an omelette, on a breakfast sammich, etc.

I'm one of those people, though, for which there's no clear favorite between bacon and sausage. Most people I know have a clear and unwavering preferenec. I'm just not one of those people. Bacon may be the candy of all meats, but sausage (even, believe it or not, Butterball turkey sausage) is a must-have, as well. An omelette with cheese, sausage and bacon is damn near breakfast heaven for me.

My Dad was always a big fan of Spam. I never saw the allure. He used to fry up liverwurst, too, which made the whole house stink.

Which is your "go to" breakfast meat or, like me, are you an equal opportunity breakfast meat fan?
A scottish breakfast....but you'd better be hungry.

There is only one word for breakfast.

View attachment 617204

Found some, but just couldn't do it...

IMG_7946.jpg

Chorizo.

Central/South American chorizo is different than Mexican if it's store-bought. Less grease. But, you can make Mexican chorizo from scratch pretty easy.

A somewhat new phenomenon for me, I now eat breakfast every morning. More often that not it's eggs: scrambled, an omelette, on a breakfast sammich, etc.

I'm one of those people, though, for which there's no clear favorite between bacon and sausage. Most people I know have a clear and unwavering preferenec. I'm just not one of those people. Bacon may be the candy of all meats, but sausage (even, believe it or not, Butterball turkey sausage) is a must-have, as well. An omelette with cheese, sausage and bacon is damn near breakfast heaven for me.

My Dad was always a big fan of Spam. I never saw the allure. He used to fry up liverwurst, too, which made the whole house stink.

Which is your "go to" breakfast meat or, like me, are you an equal opportunity breakfast meat fan?
Scrapple!

C'mon man
Corn beef hash with a sunny side flipped upside down on top
Grits-bacon-cheese, same egg flipper
Gallo Pinto w ground sausage (jimmyMee) ,see flipped egg
Gringo pinto = Barley, chick peas, trinity,ground sirloin ,see egg rule.
I saved the best for last. MY sausage gravy because the shit you've eaten is garbage.
It's sausage WITH gravy. No the jew gravy with a hint of sausage in it
The egg rule doesn't "necessarily" apply...but you can

I screwed up. Rule #2 Barley mix MUST have chopped avocado at the last minute

I saved the best for last. MY sausage gravy because the shit you've eaten is garbage.

I used to be stationed with a guy who had been an executive chef at some swanky joint in Connecticut. He was fired from his job for beating the shit out of a patron who decided it was his place to go into the kitchen and start lambasting the chef, along with a couple of smacks. Scott (can't recall his last name) almost killed the guy, but the guy didn't want top press charges and, frankly, it was self defense (sort of). Scott was 6'6" tall, about 375 pounds and, apparently, the patron was somewhat smaller.

Anyway, he couldn't find a job at any decent restaurant, so he opted to join the Navy.

He used to make the best biscuits & gravy on the planet. He'd also make us chicken cordon bleu on Christmas Eve, after the mess decks had closed...

I used to be stationed with a guy who had been an executive chef at some swanky joint in Connecticut. He was fired from his job for beating the shit out of a patron who decided it was his place to go into the kitchen and start lambasting the chef, along with a couple of smacks. Scott (can't recall his last name) almost killed the guy, but the guy didn't want top press charges and, frankly, it was self defense (sort of). Scott was 6'6" tall, about 375 pounds and, apparently, the patron was somewhat smaller.

Anyway, he couldn't find a job at any decent restaurant, so he opted to join the Navy.

He used to make the best biscuits & gravy on the planet. He'd also make us chicken cordon bleu on Christmas Eve, after the mess decks had closed...
I learned from a woman who died a few years back at age 103.
He may have learned from her too.

The whole "dietary saturated fat causes cardiovascular disease" myth was debunked about a half a century ago. It's based on junk science. The fact is that there are very monied interests that fund the pseudoscientific studies and the junk science becomes dogma.

The last time I got tested I have 0% blockage in my arteries. The average for someone my age is 40%-50% blockage. Doc says I'm in better shape than most people half my age. So I must be doing something right. And I eat a lot of saturated fats.
Mine did too. Then he dies from Cholesterol meds at 50...told me mine was too high. Cardiologist scanned me through the crotch vein(not THAT one). Looked fine

Forum List

Back