Breakfast Meats?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
A somewhat new phenomenon for me, I now eat breakfast every morning. More often that not it's eggs: scrambled, an omelette, on a breakfast sammich, etc.

I'm one of those people, though, for which there's no clear favorite between bacon and sausage. Most people I know have a clear and unwavering preferenec. I'm just not one of those people. Bacon may be the candy of all meats, but sausage (even, believe it or not, Butterball turkey sausage) is a must-have, as well. An omelette with cheese, sausage and bacon is damn near breakfast heaven for me.

My Dad was always a big fan of Spam. I never saw the allure. He used to fry up liverwurst, too, which made the whole house stink.

Which is your "go to" breakfast meat or, like me, are you an equal opportunity breakfast meat fan?

There is only one word for breakfast.

1647527583259.png

A somewhat new phenomenon for me, I now eat breakfast every morning. More often that not it's eggs: scrambled, an omelette, on a breakfast sammich, etc.

I'm one of those people, though, for which there's no clear favorite between bacon and sausage. Most people I know have a clear and unwavering preferenec. I'm just not one of those people. Bacon may be the candy of all meats, but sausage (even, believe it or not, Butterball turkey sausage) is a must-have, as well. An omelette with cheese, sausage and bacon is damn near breakfast heaven for me.

My Dad was always a big fan of Spam. I never saw the allure. He used to fry up liverwurst, too, which made the whole house stink.

Which is your "go to" breakfast meat or, like me, are you an equal opportunity breakfast meat fan?
I enjoy both and even sometimes, but don't tell the left, I eat both at the same breakfast sitting!

The horror, the horror.....

Bacon and Bob Evans breakfast sausage.

Sometimes I'll make sausage gravy and biscuits, but that can take a while to make. Usually in the morning I'm too hungry and impatient to wait that long for breakfast.

On a sammich I always thought a good piece of sausage fit nicely. For regular scrambled eggs, I would take bacon.

I like diced ham in my eggs, but bacon is great too. I'm not really a sausage fan, having worked in a German butcher shop back in college. It's true that once you've seen how it's made, it kinda puts you off it.

Thick cut bacon is the way to go, no doubt.

I have noticed the price of bacon going way up lately. Seems like not long ago I could get a pound of bacon for six bucks. Now the cheapest price on a pound of Oscar Mayer bacon is $8.99. with prices (depending on cut, etc) going up to $10.99 a pound.

When I lived in California I could get fresh cut bacon, cut any way I wanted, in the butcher department of Albertson's, and it was always cheaper than the pre-packaged stuff. That was good...

When I lived in California I could get fresh cut bacon, cut any way I wanted, in the butcher department of Albertson's, and it was always cheaper than the pre-packaged stuff. That was good...

Sadly, those days are long gone. Obama brokered a deal to sell most of our domestic pork production to China (for his commission, no doubt), so American farmers no longer control the price of pork.

Fresh cut bacon in the grocery store will run you over $20 a pound these days.

One day a week usually on Friday before golf I go to my favorite coffee shop and get bacon and eggs with hash browns and biscuits and gravy...my one cheat day... the rest of the week its Cheerios with blueberries or banana....

Fresh cut bacon in the grocery store will run you over $20 a pound these days.

The problem for me isn't the price. The problem is that none of the grocery stores near me offer it.

There is an "artisan" (goddamn I hate that word) butcher shop in town. I'll check them out, but if they have it I know it won't be cheap. They get $29.99 a pound for New York Strips...

Doesn't look like Publix carries that. They do have Butterball, Jimmy Dean and Jennie-O, though...
You must try these if you can find them...guilt free breakfast meat...I wrap a couple in a paper towel and nuke them and eat them as a snack....or a breadless light lunch....

HAH! It looks like Winn-Dixie carries them!
I like them...they have pork sausage too but I like the turkey better...and its better for you...precooked and delicious....they sold for under $4 until Biden became president now they are nearly $6 a package but worth it....

Forum List

Back