Boy the Republicans are mad the truth came out.

Precedent refers to a court decision that is considered as authority for deciding subsequent cases involving identical or similar facts, or similar legal issues. Precedent is incorporated into the doctrine of stare decisis and requires courts to apply the law in the same manner to cases with the same facts.

The precedent Harry set for the Senate was for the lower court nominees because the GOP was unprecedentedly blocking so many of Obama's appointments. After that all lower court noiminees needed just a simple majority to be confirmed.

The precedent Mitch set for the Senate was for the supreme court nominees because the Dems, as expected, blocked one nominee for about 40 hours. After that all......

I know it's been programmed into you that both precedents were instigated by Reid, so argument is futile.
Why didn't the senate amended it rule or close the 'Constitutional Option' loop hole? Btw there is no Constitutional requirement for a super majority in the Senate to confirm these appointments.
and it's about the court system. derp

And my argument is mine. it's no different than yours. Why are you so outraged?

I'm not sure why there's even a controversy. Maybe it was McConnell's unprecedented Garland move. The gop cannot be the instigator. It's sort of like a "sports team" discussion. "My team is better."

It's really just that there's demographic and age change going on that doesn't favor conservatives. McConnell confirmed 3 justices in Trump's 4 years and 2 in Obama's 8.

It's not the first time a Sup Ct was culturally and socially at odds with society. (and don't tell me about Reagan the moral maj because Americans consistently believe abortion should be an option early in pregnancy, and it's not close) Do republican men think there's right to buy contraceptives? bwah. If you asked QAnons whether people should have a right to post on social media anonymously to influence public opinion, there'd be a right to privacy. Trump is not a huge fan of disclosure laws. Vaccine passports, bwah.

The Warren Court got out in front of the public. IF Justice Owen Roberts hadn't switched to go along with the New Deal, we might have 12-15 Justices. We had a civil war when the Sup Ct upheld fining abolitionists for sheltering fugitive slaves. Andrew Jackson simply refused to abide by Sup Ct rulings.
still wrong.

Really ? You must not cavort with anyone who speaks English correctly. Fascist are right wingers…according to every dictionary not associated with Fix News.
nope. Sorry.

Wasn’t Trump supposed to ”repeal and replace“ that? It was going to be easy, right? Had the House, Senate and WH! What happened?
how could he? he didn't write laws. Or didn't you know that?

Downloading a copy is theft?

“Leaking a Supreme Court decision is not a crime,” former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti wrote on Twitter in response to Shapiro.

He explained further in a comment to Mediaite: “It is conceivable that the leaker could be prosecuted, depending on the circumstances of the leak, but it is unlikely that any prosecution would be successful if the leaker already had legal access to the opinion.”

Orin Kerr, a law professor at the University of California, Berkeley, said he did not think leaking a draft opinion was a crime, pointing out that draft opinions are not classified.
can't make it up, it isn't accept when it is.

Is that you Jane?

I've disagreed with most of McCains policies but flying combat missions over N.Vietnam earned him a non-traitor status in most my book. Of course in the picture book Trumpybear fans have he was a scorned captured traitor to the Exalted One.
except when he was captured and gave secrets, from what I've read.

The opinions of the supreme court on abortion.

They really didn't want this to come out right now.
You're "SHOCKED" that Justice Alito is Pro Life, Handle? Why exactly?

Let's be honest here, Kiddies! There's only one reason why this is coming out now and that's because the left is freaking out because of the negative polling numbers for their agenda. This was leaked now because Democrats desperately need to get the conversation onto something other than the dumpster fire that IS the Biden Administration!

Forum List

Back