Trump’s abortion stance prompts pushback from Lindsey Graham as others rally behind former president

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
A top Republican senator and Trump-endorser is among those criticizing the former president over his Monday announcement on abortion, in which he claimed restrictions on the procedure should be decided by individual states.

Trump responded to Graham's statement on Truth Social, claiming the senator "is doing a great disservice to the Republican Party, and to our Country."

The former president said Graham may not understand that "the Radical Left Democrats, who are destroying our Country, will never approve anything that he or the Republicans want."

"Many Good Republicans lost Elections because of this Issue, and people like Lindsey Graham, that are unrelenting, are handing Democrats their dream of the House, Senate, and perhaps even the Presidency…," Trump continued.

Republican responses to Trump's announcement were limited, continuing a pattern of apprehension when it comes to commenting on abortion, an issue that's been a political lightening rod since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

Poor Republicans. Caught between a rock and the proverbial... Good of Lindsey to step up. Of course, he will fold tomorrow and go back to kissing his master's hand but hey, one day at least, he can pretend that he has some principles.

Last edited:
A top Republican senator and Trump-endorser is among those criticizing the former president over his Monday announcement on abortion, in which he claimed restrictions on the procedure should be decided by individual states.

Trump responded to Graham's statement on Truth Social, claiming the senator "is doing a great disservice to the Republican Party, and to our Country."

The former president said Graham may not understand that "the Radical Left Democrats, who are destroying our Country, will never approve anything that he or the Republicans want."

"Many Good Republicans lost Elections because of this Issue, and people like Lindsey Graham, that are unrelenting, are handing Democrats their dream of the House, Senate, and perhaps even the Presidency…," Trump continued.

Republican responses to Trump's announcement were limited, continuing a pattern of apprehension when it comes to commenting on abortion, an issue that's been a political lightening rod since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

Poor Republicans. Caught between a rock and the proverbial... Good of Lindsey to step up. Of course, he will fold tomorrow and go back to kissing his master's hand but hey, one day at least, he can pretend that he has some principles.
It's true.

Graham probably secretly doesn't want Trump to win. The guy has been in politics forever, he's an Establishment Creature. Keep in mind Trump is pushing for term limits in the Senate. This will be very popular with voters and those who want America to win.

Also, every interview I hear Graham in he brings up Iran. The interviewer could be asking about covid, abortion or a sports event and he will respond with "the message has to be clear to Iran that if such and such, we will hold them accountable and end their government reign". It is a complete reflex for him.

Here is the way I look at it, ,"why would he respond if he didn't agree with Trump"? He wants to divide, there is no benefit at all in responding negative right?

It's true.

Graham probably secretly doesn't want Trump to win. The guy has been in politics forever, he's an Establishment Creature. Keep in mind Trump is pushing for term limits in the Senate. This will be very popular with voters and those who want America to win.

Here is the way I look at it, ,"why would he respond if he didn't agree with Trump"? He wants to divide, there is no benefit at all in responding negative right?
LOL All this praise for Missy Graham? I hope it was tongue-in-cheek.

don't worry, mag, lindsey is on his way to mar a lago for an eight teen hole reminder of who has epstein's video now.

by "meet the press" lindsey will understand and endorse trumps position in every detail

A timeline of Trump's many, many positions on abortion

• October 1999: 'I am very pro-choice'

• February 2011: 'I am pro-life'

• February 2016: Says he'll defund Planned Parenthood — while also praising the group

• March 2016: 'Some form of punishment' for women who seek abortions

• October 2016: Trump vows to overturn Roe v. Wade

• January-May 2018: Trump advocates for a 20-week national abortion ban

• June 2022: 'God made the decision' to overturn Roe v. Wade

• January 2023: Trump blames abortion for the midterm losses

• September 2023: Trump makes vague promises about an abortion compromise

• February-March 2024: Trump flirts with a national abortion ban

• April 2: Trump avoids answering on Florida's six-week abortion ban

• April 8: Trump says abortion should go back to the states

It's true.

Also, every interview I hear Graham in he brings up Iran. The interviewer could be asking about covid, abortion or a sports event and he will respond with "the message has to be clear to Iran that if such and such, we will hold them accountable and end their government reign". It is a complete reflex for him.

trump has lindsey's tape from the epstein collection. that was enough to turn mccain's wing man into a servile maga.

lindsey wants trump dead, but as long as trump is alive, well , the tapes could fall into even tinier hands,

and lindsey ain't the only one effected.

• February 2016: Says he'll defund Planned Parenthood — while also praising the group

Exactly right. Trump is like a weathervane in a hurricane.

i wouldn't mind if his opinion were "evolving" or if an angel appeared to jerry falwell jr with a clarification.

I knew Trump was a smart man. Perfect decision. Graham will get over it. The OP won't though. TDS once bitten is hard to let go. They need support groups, Obamacare will pay for it.

I knew Trump was a smart man. Perfect decision. Graham will get over it. The OP won't though. TDS once bitten is hard to let go. They need support groups, Obamacare will pay for it.
The Obamacare that your orange fuhrer vowed to get rid of? How did that go? :itsok:

Not everyone will always agree. It’s a big tent party with many ideas.

Dembots really hoped they be able to run against trump on this, a big L for xiden

Not everyone will always agree. It’s a big tent party with many ideas.

Dembots really hoped they be able to run against trump on this, a big L for xiden
LOL You think abortion is a losing issue for Dems? You poor sap. :auiqs.jpg:

Thats not what I said. The fact you can’t grasp what I said, is one of many reasons you all are losers
I know what you wrote. Thinking that somehow because your fuhrer waffled on the abortion issue, it will be a failure for the Dems to run on that issue.

Now read carefully what I am writing. Running on abortions for the Dems is not a losing issue. Multiple polls and elections have proved it. Why do you think your orange loser is waffling so much on this issue even though he is instrumental in packing the Supreme Court for just this outcome?

That was one successful thing he did - not building the wall or repealing Obamacare - and yet he ran away from it.

But hey, feel free to think the Dems will lose. This way when you idiots riot again when you lose, it will be fun to watch your asses thrown in jail. :itsok:

I know what you wrote. Thinking that somehow because your fuhrer waffled on the abortion issue, it will be a failure for the Dems to run on that issue.

Now read carefully what I am writing. Running on abortions for the Dems is not a losing issue. Multiple polls and elections have proved it. Why do you think your orange loser is waffling so much on this issue even though he is instrumental in packing the Supreme Court for just this outcome?

That was one successful thing he did - not building the wall or repealing Obamacare - and yet he ran away from it.

But hey, feel free to think the Dems will lose. This way when you idiots riot again when you lose, it will be fun to watch your asses thrown in jail. :itsok:
How did he waffle?

Forum List

Back