Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

You're the guys that say the Private sector provides jobs without the government.

Now you're saying it doesn't.

Pick a fucking side, will ya?:lol:

Where did I ever say the Private Sector doesn't provide jobs without the government? If the government allows it to, the Private Sector is quite capable of providing jobs. You on the other hand seem to feel that the answer to all our problems is for the government to take over MORE of the Private Sector.

Actually, I don't. I think the government we have..which is a mix of both public and private sector initiatives, is a good way to go.

But when there's a break down in the process, which is, that government funds research and development, gives grants and loans at low cost, gives out contracts to do jobs for the public sector..and the private sector responds by giving Americans jobs and providing a tax base, and provides goods and services..something has to change.

So far tax cuts and low regulations are not working. Quite the opposite. It is encouraging massive greed from the "wealth extractors". We are seeing the same sort of concentrating of wealth we saw prior to the new deal. It's not good and it's destroying a carefully crafted middle class.

It's absolutely fine to have rich people, by the way, but not when it is causing so much economic distress. And that really has to be remedied.

And the last time you turned down a Raise was.......

Everyone is talking about how they asked the president to move a speech so these idiots could debate. It is a running joke at this point.

Jobs, jobs, jobs, not campaign, campaign, campaign.

Seriously, I don't know you but your party is running amok. It's a comedy of errors with them on a daily basis.

Really, when exactly is Obama not Campaigning, other than when He is on vacation?

He is taking the issues to the people just so they get the real story and not the lying gop version. It is a legitimate way to handle the way they are attempting to scam voters into thinking everything is on the up and up between the gop leadership and their corporate buddies.

Taking the issues to the people? More like he's engaged in a non-stop propaganda campaign. That's what we got when Obama kept saying that the reason the American people didn't support ObamaCare was that they didn't "understand it" even though he'd spent months on a media blitz to sell the thing. The GOP isn't scamming voters when they ask for spending cuts. The people who are scamming us are the ones that are telling us that we can go on as usual without reforming entitlements and not become insolvent. The ones that are scamming us are the ones that are telling us that if we cut the size of government that THAT will hurt the economy. The ones that are scamming us are the ones telling us that raising taxes on the rich will solve our problems. The ones that are scamming us are the ones that are trying to paint the Private Sector as the enemy rather than the people who can get us out of this mess.

Kinda/sorta good post. Also looks like the guy wants the job of White House speechwriter.

Andy Ostroy: Obama's Huge Mistake on the Jobs Speech

Comments are a hoot, as always.

I speak to you directly right now House Speaker Boehner. I speak directly to you right now Majority Leader Cantor. I speak directly to you right now Senate Leader McConnell. It's time for you to stop obstructing and start working to put Americans back to work. They want you to stop targeting me and start targeting job creation. That's what they elected you to do last November. It's time to stop fighting me and start fighting unemployment. It's time to be Americans first and Republicans second. Enough is enough. So here's my 10-point plan to achieve full employment. I say to the Republican leadership, you can either approve this bill and get people working again or you can continue to obstruct this process and play games with America's future. The choice is yours, and I guarantee you, voters will be watching your every move. Point #1....."

Kinda/sorta good post. Also looks like the guy wants the job of White House speechwriter.

Andy Ostroy: Obama's Huge Mistake on the Jobs Speech

Comments are a hoot, as always.

I speak to you directly right now House Speaker Boehner. I speak directly to you right now Majority Leader Cantor. I speak directly to you right now Senate Leader McConnell. It's time for you to stop obstructing and start working to put Americans back to work. They want you to stop targeting me and start targeting job creation. That's what they elected you to do last November. It's time to stop fighting me and start fighting unemployment. It's time to be Americans first and Republicans second. Enough is enough. So here's my 10-point plan to achieve full employment. I say to the Republican leadership, you can either approve this bill and get people working again or you can continue to obstruct this process and play games with America's future. The choice is yours, and I guarantee you, voters will be watching your every move. Point #1....."

Don't you have another bullshit thread to make? Stop wasting your shitstain cut n paste hackery nonsense in other threads.

Next Thursday night's speech is Obama's FDR moment. It's just a week away. There's plenty of time for him to pull this out and demonstrate true leadership and regain some control of the debate. Andy Ostroy: Obama's Huge Mistake on the Jobs Speech (Puff n' Stuff)

LearnLiberty's Channel - YouTube

Explore the Ideas of Liberty
Welcome to LearnLiberty, a resource for learning about the ideas of a free society. Our goal is to provide a starting point for conversations on important questions:

• What is the nature of man and society?
• What are the best ways to organize human society?
• What is the proper role for government?

We believe that the classical liberal or libertarian tradition can offer compelling answers to these questions. Classical liberal ideas have deep intellectual roots, cultivated by thinkers such as John Locke, Adam Smith, the American Founders, and more recent scholars such as Friedrich Hayek and Milton Friedman. These thinkers emphasize the importance of free markets, voluntary exchange, individual rights, and peace.

Classical liberal thinkers do not agree on everything, and the speakers on LearnLiberty are no exception. We believe exploring and discussing these ideas is so important precisely because we do not all agree. We hope you will join our conversation, and help advance the understanding of these important ideas.

Through LearnLiberty, college professors and public intellectuals provide a resource for understanding:

• Disciplines such as economics, philosophy, history, political science, and law
• Contemporary issues and policy debates that impact individual liberty.

As you explore the videos, we encourage you to offer feedback. This is a new, experimental project, so your feedback will be critical in helping us to improve.

LearnLiberty.org is a project of the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS). Many of the faculty featured on this channel are speakers at IHS seminars for college students and recent graduates. For more information on IHS seminars and how to apply, go to Summer Seminars | Institute For Humane Studies .

To learn more about LearnLiberty, please visit LearnLiberty .

You're the guys that say the Private sector provides jobs without the government.

Where did I ever say the Private Sector doesn't provide jobs without the government? If the government allows it to, the Private Sector is quite capable of providing jobs. You on the other hand seem to feel that the answer to all our problems is for the government to take over MORE of the Private Sector.
And that really has to be remedied.

Chilling to think there are people who agree with you.

Actually, I don't. I think the government we have..which is a mix of both public and private sector initiatives, is a good way to go.

But when there's a break down in the process, which is, that government funds research and development, gives grants and loans at low cost, gives out contracts to do jobs for the public sector..and the private sector responds by giving Americans jobs and providing a tax base, and provides goods and services..something has to change.

So far tax cuts and low regulations are not working. Quite the opposite. It is encouraging massive greed from the "wealth extractors". We are seeing the same sort of concentrating of wealth we saw prior to the new deal. It's not good and it's destroying a carefully crafted middle class.

It's absolutely fine to have rich people, by the way, but not when it is causing so much economic distress. And that really has to be remedied.

Wow, I don't even know where to start with a post like this...

First of all, the Private Sector is quite capable of flourishing without government help in the form of "funds, research and development, grants and loans at low cost". In a fully functioning free market economy the Private Sector will invest it's own money in the pursuit of profit. If you want a perfect example of how government intervention in that process usually leads to a bad result look no further than Solyndra. We gave them 535 million dollars in 2009 to fund the building of a solar panel factory even though any MBA just coming out of business school could have looked at the numbers and KNOWN that there was no way for that company to compete on the open market with that product. So after giving them all that money because they were a "green energy" company a year later the company has gone bankrupt. That is your government at work.

And rich people don't cause "economic distress". That's laughable. Economic distress happens when you try and punish people for making profits and take away any incentive for them to further invest in the economy. Your so called "remedy"...namely income redistribution...has never worked and never will. The concept of a free market economy is what made this country great.

Care to explain how my bank account causes you any distress other than envy?
I've provided 2 people full time employment for the last 5 months. They are no longer collecting UE, are paying taxes and buying products with their own money, not yours. The only possible distress this might cause you is they are no longer dependent on liberals to feed their families.

Wow, I don't even know where to start with a post like this...

First of all, the Private Sector is quite capable of flourishing without government help in the form of "funds, research and development, grants and loans at low cost". In a fully functioning free market economy the Private Sector will invest it's own money in the pursuit of profit. If you want a perfect example of how government intervention in that process usually leads to a bad result look no further than Solyndra. We gave them 535 million dollars in 2009 to fund the building of a solar panel factory even though any MBA just coming out of business school could have looked at the numbers and KNOWN that there was no way for that company to compete on the open market with that product. So after giving them all that money because they were a "green energy" company a year later the company has gone bankrupt. That is your government at work.

And rich people don't cause "economic distress". That's laughable. Economic distress happens when you try and punish people for making profits and take away any incentive for them to further invest in the economy. Your so called "remedy"...namely income redistribution...has never worked and never will. The concept of a free market economy is what made this country great.

Fine.

Show me a country started, maintained and now exists as a Private sector venture.

Please provide links.

I've provided 2 people full time employment for the last 5 months. They are no longer collecting UE, are paying taxes and buying products with their own money, not yours. The only possible distress this might cause you is they are no longer dependent on liberals to feed their families.

Show me that you have 58 billion in your bank account..and I will explain it to ya. :lol:

Show me that you have 58 billion in your bank account..and I will explain it to ya. :lol:

Why 58 billion? Why not 1 million? Why not $250,000. I'm doing my part. I don't control the accounts of anyone but myself, but you seem to feel justified in controlling the private sector.

Why 58 billion? Why not 1 million? Why not $250,000. I'm doing my part. I don't control the accounts of anyone but myself, but you seem to feel justified in controlling the private sector.

Because small business is not what I am talking about. And..yeah..a certain amount of control has to be put on the private sector. I kind of love being able to eat something without having to travel with a chemist to determine whether or not it is safe to do so.

Because small business is not what I am talking about. And..yeah..a certain amount of control has to be put on the private sector. I kind of love being able to eat something without having to travel with a chemist to determine whether or not it is safe to do so.
Free market controls on the private sector are adequate. If you get injured by an intentionally dangerous product, you are free to sue their asses off. Remember the Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair? The government is also free to prosecute them for homicide or fraud, or any other aplicable statute. You are free to not do business with corporations that intentionally harm people to maximize profit. If they harm enough people, they will go the way of all corporations that are poorly run and their market will be absorbed by ethical corporations.
You are free to buy a Chevy Volt, but in a properly regulated market, you should not be rewarded for buying one, any more than I should be penalized for buying a Dodge Viper. Creating false markets with CAFE standards, forces companies to produce cars that the market doesn't want that they have to sell off at the end of the model year at a loss. The only thing keeping Ford in business is their pick-up trucks and SUV's that are profitable because of demand. Unfortunately, most of that profit is eaten up producing cars no one wants in order to keep fleet mileage numbers where government wants them.

Free market controls on the private sector are adequate. If you get injured by an intentionally dangerous product, you are free to sue their asses off. Remember the Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair? The government is also free to prosecute them for homicide or fraud, or any other aplicable statute. You are free to not do business with corporations that intentionally harm people to maximize profit. If they harm enough people, they will go the way of all corporations that are poorly run and their market will be absorbed by ethical corporations.
You are free to buy a Chevy Volt, but in a properly regulated market, you should not be rewarded for buying one, any more than I should be penalized for buying a Dodge Viper. Creating false markets with CAFE standards, forces companies to produce cars that the market doesn't want that they have to sell off at the end of the model year at a loss. The only thing keeping Ford in business is their pick-up trucks and SUV's that are profitable because of demand. Unfortunately, most of that profit is eaten up producing cars no one wants in order to keep fleet mileage numbers where government wants them.

No they ain't. If I lose a loved one due to some idiot's moronic attempt to cut corners and maximize profit..money is not going to bring them back.

That's the most ludicrous thing you've posted.

A couple of things you left out here...

What is your business? Where is it located? Yadda yadda..
One is a design firm, the other is a restaurant. They are in the Triangle of North Carolina, which is actually a better economy then the nation as a whole.

Why? What I said is typical of every industry right now.

You mean blame the failure of a completely government regulated industry on free markets?

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives"

As for the rest of your Marxist crap, this here shows your ignorance. The money goes to shareholders, not executives. The rest is BS flowing from a contrived statement. You want jobs, we need less government, not more. We're suffocating in it.

You know when you spew crap like this..you show your ignorance.

Government spending on the private sector is Fascism. You like that sort of shit?

Well back at ya. Fascist.

What the fuck are you talking about? I said government needs to STOP spending our money. You were arguing for government spending, moron. Government needs to stay out of our economy and THEN the free market will create jobs.

One is a design firm, the other is a restaurant. They are in the Triangle of North Carolina, which is actually a better economy then the nation as a whole.

Why? What I said is typical of every industry right now.

You mean blame the failure of a completely government regulated industry on free markets?

As for the rest of your Marxist crap, this here shows your ignorance. The money goes to shareholders, not executives. The rest is BS flowing from a contrived statement. You want jobs, we need less government, not more. We're suffocating in it.

You know when you spew crap like this..you show your ignorance.

Government spending on the private sector is Fascism. You like that sort of shit?

Well back at ya. Fascist.

What the fuck are you talking about? I said government needs to STOP spending our money. You were arguing for government spending, moron. Government needs to stay out of our economy and THEN the free market will create jobs.

Okay.

Government stops buying miltiary hardware, cars, computers, and all the other things they get from private industry. It also withdraws all the accounts of government employees from private sector banks and financial institutions..such as IRAs and 401ks.

What do you think happens the very next day? :lol:

Jobs get created???

:lmao:

Forum List

Back