marijuana moving off Schedule 1

Again, if that is the way you want to look at it, it is a free country and you can.

My friend from the church we left that refused to be friends with us any longer said the same thing about us leaving the church. People are free to make up their own minds.

In my early adult years I was a proud card carrying member of the NRA, but I have long since left that group, I guess in your view I ran away from them.

But yes, I do not like the way things are in our country right now and have been trying to change them for a decade. But they just get worse, so why would I stay? People like you love the way things are right now, you see no need for a change. I am happy for you, hell I am almost envious of you, it would be so much easier to be that way.

But I am not.
no i dont love the way things are right now....but unlike you i will stay here and deal with it....

no i dont love the way things are right now....but unlike you i will stay here and deal with it....

Good on you. I have tried that a few times in places, but now I am done trying to get people to change that do not want to change. The church I left is just the same as it was a decade ago, they were happy being the way they were.

Seems rather egotistical to assume the whole country should change just to make me happy.

Most people, based on the way they vote, are happy with the status quo.

Bullshit. I smoked MJ in the past. Most of my friends did. Some of my siblings and cousins did. With the exception of one or two who I know also tried Coke, none of us ever took any other drugs. Alcohol destroys countless lives every year.

I've stopped at Pot myself.

I just can't do edibles, that high is way to weird.

There’s definitely deadly chemicals in pot

Smoking pot is neither healthy or natural
Not healthy but there's still no
  • Ammonia—a common household cleaner
  • Arsenic—used in rat poison
  • Benzene—found in rubber cement and gasoline
  • Butane—used in lighter fluid
  • Cadmium—active component in battery acid
  • Formaldehyde—embalming fluid
  • Hexamine—found in barbecue lighter fluid
  • Lead—used in batteries
  • Naphthalene—an ingredient in mothballs
  • Methanol—a main component in rocket fuel
  • Tar—material for paving roads
  • Toluene—used to manufacture paint
In pot bought from a dispensary.

Not healthy but there's still no
  • Ammonia—a common household cleaner
  • Arsenic—used in rat poison
  • Benzene—found in rubber cement and gasoline
  • Butane—used in lighter fluid
  • Cadmium—active component in battery acid
  • Formaldehyde—embalming fluid
  • Hexamine—found in barbecue lighter fluid
  • Lead—used in batteries
  • Naphthalene—an ingredient in mothballs
  • Methanol—a main component in rocket fuel
  • Tar—material for paving roads
  • Toluene—used to manufacture paint
In pot bought from a dispensary.
I’m all for legalization, I just don’t buy into the myth that weed is healthy

I smoke a lot of cigars. And real, premium cigars are made 100% of tobacco leaf and thus don’t have all the chemicals in your list either.

Plus, you don’t inhale

But I don’t pretend that it’s harmless

Smoking weed is not harmless

I smoke cigars. And real, premium cigars are made 100% of tobacco leaf and thus don’t have all the chemicals in your list either.

Plus, you don’t inhale

The most harmless method of both tobacco and pot use is probably vaping, as long as you get the resins/oils from a reputable manufacturer.

One can also say pot edibles, but to me that high is bad compared to an inhaled one, at least for me.

I smoke a lot of cigars. And real, premium cigars are made 100% of tobacco leaf and thus don’t have all the chemicals in your list either.

Plus, you don’t inhale

Agreed, it is not harmless.
But then, except for extreme potheads, most don't do it every day and when they do it they don't generally do more than a gram a day (flower).

PLUS
Edibles
Topicals

Smoking pot is not healthy but, over all, it is less unhealthy than alcohol and much less damaging than cigarettes.

The most harmless method of both tobacco and pot use is probably vaping, as long as you get the resins/oils from a reputable manufacturer.

One can also say pot edibles, but to me that high is bad compared to an inhaled one, at least for me.
I don’t really care for any THC use at all, personally.

But, yeah, I got bad highs from edibles too. Bad heart palpitations

Not that anyone cares, but FedGov is finally pulling its head out of its butt.

Pot smokers don't care if it's legal or not, but it makes it harder for the cartels to sell to dispensaries.
In VA, dispensaries have to grow their own, because it's still not legal to transport across state lines if you go through a state that hasn't legalized it yet. They also have to take cash only payments because credit card companies don't want transactions crossing state lines either.

LOL, I was camping and I ended up in my tent curled up in a ball wondering if I would ever salivate again.
Yeah I remember my experience with edibles was basically waiting for it to wear off

Unpleasant experience, but everyone’s body reacts differently

BS. It is a gateway drug. It causes psychosis in at least 17% of users. It is dangerous.

The real problem is the majority of pot smokers are useless pieces of shit that have nothing to offer society. They do just enough so they can keep getting high and that's it.

It's not weed I dislike as much as how much I hate "weed culture". Weed culture is born out of dumb thug ghetto black culture. Weed culture is just the most complaining on the internet, lazy, entitled, dumb people our society has to offer and they all let weed rob them of their ambition. They act like smoking weed is an accomplishment or something to be proud of letting everyone know they do.

And for the people who flagged you with fake news icons over your psychosis comment, it is true that it can.

I learned that in nursing school during my 2 years of psych. Talked to a doctor on a mental health floor I worked had clinicals on. I said I was surprised they let them smoke, he told me because smoking in a lot of schizophrenics they had short periods of time when they smoked where they had mental clarity somewhat and why so many chain smoke. I asked about marijuana and he said it can induce psychosis in at risk people, or exacerbate it in patients suffering from it already.

The real problem is the majority of pot smokers are useless pieces of shit that have nothing to offer society. They do just enough so they can keep getting high and that's it.

It's not weed I dislike as much as how much I hate "weed culture". Weed culture is born out of dumb thug ghetto black culture. Weed culture is just the most complaining on the internet, lazy, entitled, dumb people our society has to offer and they all let weed rob them of their ambition. They act like smoking weed is an accomplishment or something to be proud of letting everyone know they do.

And for the people who flagged you with fake news icons over your psychosis comment, it is true that it can.

I learned that in nursing school during my 2 years of psych. Talked to a doctor on a mental health floor I worked had clinicals on. I said I was surprised they let them smoke, he told me because smoking in a lot of schizophrenics they had short periods of time when they smoked where they had mental clarity somewhat and why so many chain smoke. I asked about marijuana and he said it can induce psychosis in at risk people, or exacerbate it in patients suffering from it already.
Of course they’re not going tonight let people committed to a psychiatric hospital smoke weed. For the same reason they’re not going to let them drink.

And I don’t know when you went to nursing school, but it’s been a looong time since the psych hospitals I’ve worked at let the patients smoke cigarettes at all. They get some nicotine gum and told to tough it out

Of course they’re not going tonight let people committed to a psychiatric hospital smoke weed. For the same reason they’re not going to let them drink.

And I don’t know when you went to nursing school, but it’s been a looong time since the psych hospitals I’ve worked at let the patients smoke cigarettes at all. They get some nicotine gum and told to tough it out

Also plenty of people can handle weed or alcohol as a recreational or social drug without issue.

The fact is the war on drugs is being lost, and something else has to be tried. I'm not advocating complete legalization, but starting with Pot legalization and seeing what happens is better than just continuing on the current path.

No, but there are members of my wife’s family, and acquaintances of ours who occasionally show up who use that shit. They know full well it’s not acceptable here.

Hmm, an interesting proposition…if they decriminalize marijuana, it will still be illegal for people with DOT safety sensitive jobs, truck drivers, for example, to use it.

This will be a case where people who drive trucks or other jobs like that , will be forbidden from using a legal in their off time.

I mean, no job I know of would tell their employees “you can’t drink alcohol on your days off”

This will be one of those things where they will make a caveat in the law to exclude employees like that from using pot

Interesting.

Forum List

Back