Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

Obama is arrogant--in fact--he is narcissistic

You'll have an opportunity to watch him give a speech during a joint session of congress here next week. He's not a humble person--he will get that nose so high in the air--when he speaks--as if he is looking DOWN on the rest of the country.

View attachment 15048

Well should be simple enough.

Provide examples.

By the way..

ar·ro·gant   /ˈærəgənt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2. characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.
I will help you out with a Bush example..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls"]George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube[/ame]

Ready..set..go!

Context can mean so very much................
It depends on ... who's tellin' the joke. :D

The speaker has the power to stop him. He does control when the house gathers after all. This could get ugly.

Papa Obama should be use to it
:eusa_whistle:

t/p Malkin

obama-bow.jpg

Changing the subject again? What does businesses moving overseas have to do with yet another speech by Obama?

Do you actually read these things Ollie? Because if you don't we are done.

I addressed exactly what you made points on..that Obama doesn't "talk with business leaders". In fact he does. All the time.

President Obama Addresses U.S. Chamber of Commerce | The White House

Do you follow the news?

Did you actually listen to that clip, Sallow? That was Barack Obama attempting to mend fences with the Chamber of Commerce in Feb. of 2011 after ripping them for two years for not agreeing with his economic policies. He doesn't talk to business leaders all the time...he talks AT business leaders all the time and it's usually to scold them because they aren't "on board" with what he's trying to do.

Well should be simple enough.

Provide examples.

By the way..

I will help you out with a Bush example..

George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube

Ready..set..go!

I "love" the twenty second sound bites that people try to use to prove something. No offense but that's a really sleazy technique to utilize. How about if you find the full transcript of that Bush speech, Sallow? Bush was obviously trying for humor with that remark.

Last edited:

I "love" the twenty second sound bites that people try to use to prove something. No offense but that's a really sleazy technique to utilize. How about if you find the full transcript of that Bush speech, Sallow? Bush was obviously trying for humor with that remark.

As he was supposed to be doing. We've seen this so many times, it was at a White House Correspondents' Dinner (If I have the title right) and more often than not the sitting president is asked to speak and to make fun of himself.
At the same dinner in 2011 Obama called Hollywood movie Stars his base.....

Changing the subject again? What does businesses moving overseas have to do with yet another speech by Obama?

Do you actually read these things Ollie? Because if you don't we are done.

I addressed exactly what you made points on..that Obama doesn't "talk with business leaders". In fact he does. All the time.

President Obama Addresses U.S. Chamber of Commerce | The White House

Do you follow the news?

Did you actually listen to that clip, Sallow? That was Barack Obama attempting to mend fences with the Chamber of Commerce in Feb. of 2011 after ripping them for two years for not agreeing with his economic policies. He doesn't talk to business leaders all the time...he talks AT business leaders all the time and it's usually to scold them because they aren't "on board" with what he's trying to do.

Can you guys find a topic and stick to it? :lol:

In any case..aside from the low regulatory environment, low taxes and bailouts, contracts, tax loop holes, changes in overtime rules favorable to business, grants, low interest rates and record profit making...what policy do these guys want to see to release the almost 2 trillion they are sitting on?

A toasted English muffin, perhaps? :lol:

aside from the low regulatory environment

Your first line rendered your rant BS

Congrats..... did you honestly think lying would gain you credibility?

Im sure the republicans would alter their plans for Obama if he asked.

It was a typical pathetic partisan move by Obama to schedule the speech on the day of a Republican debate. If the situation were reversed you'd be screaming about it. You're the worst partisan hack on the site, and that's quite a standard.

Again.

I am not the one calling Bush an "arrogant child".

I was giving examples of what may be construed as arrogance.

It was a typical pathetic partisan move by Obama to schedule the speech on the day of a Republican debate. If the situation were reversed you'd be screaming about it. You're the worst partisan hack on the site, and that's quite a standard.

They already admitted they intentionally scheduled it that way.

They folded after realizing it would blow up in their face. But managed to bitch a lot and get the useful idiots riled.

They already admitted they intentionally scheduled it that way.

They folded after realizing it would blow up in their face. But managed to bitch a lot and get the useful idiots riled.

Ah?

Still no fucking answer eh?

When you call someone a "liar" you should be able to back it up. But of course you can't.

As I've posted multiple times..the government fucking shovels..forklifts..cash to private industry. It SPENDS more on private industry THEN THE REST OF THE FUCKING WORLD COMBINED.

I can't imagine a more business friendly environment then that.

aside from the low regulatory environment, low taxes and bailouts, contracts, tax loop holes, changes in overtime rules favorable to business, grants, low interest rates and record profit making...what policy do these guys want to see to release the almost 2 trillion they are sitting on?

As an owner of two businesses, I'm following the typical approach of focusing on cost in both. I severely limit discretionary spending, like advertising, because no one's spending so it doesn't work. I buy few meals where I used to more freely. My staff work longer hours when we're busy to limit needing to bring in variable workers.

I've cut employee benefits because costs are increasing and they are not sustainable. My alternate choice is cutting back on staff. They know that and I'm getting no complaint at all. In fact an insurance agent came in and criticized me for cutting benefits and my staff were mad at him. Actually that one surprised me. They see business after business going under and endless layoffs. We're doing OK, they get it.

I did have a layoff last year when the economy was really bad, but not reducing staff now. However, I'm in the process of laying off two low productive workers and replacing them with better workers because they are available. Everyone knows they are poor performers and with the increased work again I'm getting support because their poor performance makes everyone work longer.

We've maintained profitability and because everything I've done is rational and I've explained it I continue to be profitable and have a positive work environment. But it's hard and we're swimming upstream in this horrible economy.

To just hire or spend on growing the business would just be idiotic. The returns are not there. I can't believe you'd even ask a question like that. What good would increased spending do when there is zero economic growth? All you can do is take business from your competitors and across the board that's a zero sum game. All spending would do is decrease profits.

aside from the low regulatory environment, low taxes and bailouts, contracts, tax loop holes, changes in overtime rules favorable to business, grants, low interest rates and record profit making...what policy do these guys want to see to release the almost 2 trillion they are sitting on?

As an owner of two businesses, I'm following the typical approach of focusing on cost in both. I severely limit discretionary spending, like advertising, because no one's spending so it doesn't work. I buy few meals where I used to more freely. My staff work longer hours when we're busy to limit needing to bring in variable workers.

I've cut employee benefits because costs are increasing and they are not sustainable. My alternate choice is cutting back on staff. They know that and I'm getting no complaint at all. In fact an insurance agent came in and criticized me for cutting benefits and my staff were mad at him. Actually that one surprised me. They see business after business going under and endless layoffs. We're doing OK, they get it.

I did have a layoff last year when the economy was really bad, but not reducing staff now. However, I'm in the process of laying off two low productive workers and replacing them with better workers because they are available. Everyone knows they are poor performers and with the increased work again I'm getting support because their poor performance makes everyone work longer.

We've maintained profitability and because everything I've done is rational and I've explained it I continue to be profitable and have a positive work environment. But it's hard and we're swimming upstream in this horrible economy.

To just hire or spend on growing the business would just be idiotic. The returns are not there. I can't believe you'd even ask a question like that. What good would increased spending do when there is zero economic growth? All you can do is take business from your competitors and across the board that's a zero sum game. All spending would do is decrease profits.

A couple of things you left out here...

What is your business? Where is it located? Yadda yadda..

It's impossible to comment on it without that information. Of course it makes a good rant about "spending" and the like.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans. The private industry was making a good dollar with that one. Government backed student loans. What did they do? Kept raising interest rates on them..and making it harder for students to get the loans. So the Obama administration made the loans directly to students. Good job.

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives" strategy then what the government should start doing is breaking ties with private industry. There's plenty of work to be done..and plenty of skilled engineers, technicians, architects and laborers sitting on their hands while their skills diminish. President Obama should identify what needs to be done..create a government task force to get it done..and by pass contracting to the private sector. He should start reducing the tax payer fleecing on that front.

Again.

I am not the one calling Bush an "arrogant child".

I was giving examples of what may be construed as arrogance.

Yes, and the "example" you found was a cherry picked twenty second sound bite taken out of context in order to try and prove that "arrogance". I actually remember that Bush speech. The remark that you've chosen to use as "proof" that Bush considered himself part of an elite was a tongue in cheek remark made for a laugh. As I said before...when you have to stoop to sleazy techniques such as that to prove something? Then you've actually proven the opposite.

It's impossible to comment on it without that information. Of course it makes a good rant about "spending" and the like.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans. The private industry was making a good dollar with that one. Government backed student loans. What did they do? Kept raising interest rates on them..and making it harder for students to get the loans. So the Obama administration made the loans directly to students. Good job.

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives" strategy then what the government should start doing is breaking ties with private industry. There's plenty of work to be done..and plenty of skilled engineers, technicians, architects and laborers sitting on their hands while their skills diminish. President Obama should identify what needs to be done..create a government task force to get it done..and by pass contracting to the private sector. He should start reducing the tax payer fleecing on that front.

And as he eliminates more and more of the Private Sector, the revenue base that he needs to operate all these "government task forces" disappears along with them. So now you've replace Private Sector jobs that produce revenue with Public Sector jobs that will of course require it. Then we'll sit back and watch as yet ANOTHER government entity does what government entities usually do...namely showing itself to be unable to operate at a profit, thus creating one more thing the public needs to subsidize.

One is a design firm, the other is a restaurant. They are in the Triangle of North Carolina, which is actually a better economy then the nation as a whole.

Why? What I said is typical of every industry right now.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans
You mean blame the failure of a completely government regulated industry on free markets?

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives"

As for the rest of your Marxist crap, this here shows your ignorance. The money goes to shareholders, not executives. The rest is BS flowing from a contrived statement. You want jobs, we need less government, not more. We're suffocating in it.

Forum List

Back