Biden stabs rail workers in the back

I know some railroad workers that have issues with their union. Sometimes the union doesn't work in the best interest of their workers.
This contract negotiation was a great case and point. The union bosses signed a tentative agreement with the railroads and Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh based on recommendations from the Presidential Emergency Board - without consulting union members. President Biden declared this a victory before a single worker voted on it.

This contract negotiation was a great case and point. The union bosses signed a tentative agreement with the railroads and Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh based on recommendations from the Presidential Emergency Board - without consulting union members. President Biden declared this a victory before a single worker voted on it.
sounds like a Union problem. Folks need to start coming to the realization that the Union Bosses are nothing more then rich folks, doing the bidding of the Demafascist party...they aren't interested in workers, they are interested in money, and maintaining power...they do that by securing votes for the Demafascit.

sounds like a Union problem. Folks need to start coming to the realization that the Union Bosses are nothing more then rich folks, doing the bidding of the Demafascist party...they aren't interested in workers, they are interested in money, and maintaining power...they do that by securing votes for the Demafascit.
And here we are in agreement.

1) they aren't demanding more...they are free to take a personal day...they have no right to paid sick leave. The employees are demanding more, when they ask for that. Millions of Americans have jobs that don't have that.
2) Why? What right do I have to demand them to pay me for days I don't work? I think it's a great benefit, but I would rather make more money when I do work, instead of being able to get paid when I don't work. These railroad employees get amazing healthcare, vacation, and personal days....now they are simply wanting more, and the company says it can't afford to do it.
The company can afford it. Give them their sick time. The hatred and attitude of work for nothing is all over this forum. That's twisted, hating on workers.

When Unions limit ALL their management team members MAXIMUM salary PLUS ALL Benefits to LESS THAN $100,000 per year.......
Then I might support Unions.

It's a bit hypocritical for people making millions off of the workers to call themselves their "representatives" imo

Wouldn't America be better off if Politicians were similarly limited in the wealth they can accumulate off of being a politician?
Joe Biden, Rich McConnell, Obama, Pelosi ALL became filthy rich off of their government positions.
Amazing that American sheeple just accept it all.

Americans should DEMAND that no elected government officials can accumulate more than 10% increase of their current wealth before taking office for the 2 years BEFORE AND AFTER taking public office. And they should also agree to have documents on their wealth and assets publicly available after holding office for 5 years. Don't like it? Don't run for office.
This would eliminate 99% of the corruption we have today.

I also think it's a horrible idea to have people with so much more money and assets in public office.
I argue there are more than enough smart common people to make great decisions for the nation without being themselves wealthy.
We've become a nation where ONLY THE RICH can get into office.

Last edited:
The company can afford it. Give them their sick time. The hatred and attitude of work for nothing is all over this forum. That's twisted, hating on workers.
how do you know the company can afford it? do you have any idea how much it would cost?

This is exactly my point. Rank and file union workers are often misrepresented by union leaders.

This is a disgraceful action by a US president.Reminiscent of that awful Reagan.
America needs a decent leadership that supports the working man and woman.
If railways are so important then pay them.
Those fuckers are looking at an average salary of $160,00 a year, not including benefits. They ARE getting paid...lol

I'm uncertain Americans could survive a strike at this time....the trucking companies likely could hold out for a while, with all the stimulus money they built up.

If they did strike, the agriculture industry and meat industry would likely fail from their spoils, grocery stores in all of the east will be more empty and Americans will be working an entire day just to pay for a loaf of bread, supplies of all kinds will be nil, fuel will also be short, east of the Mississippi would collapse. Most everything comes in through California ports.... It has to be trucked or railed to get everywhere else.

The railroad workers are being totally shit on by the Railroad companies, being on call 24/7 365 days a year is bullshit!, having no vacation time that can be taken is bullshit, having no sick days is bull shit.

But at the same time, a railroad strike at this time would be an internal National security threat....

From he article....

The House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, said Congress would take up legislation on Wednesday to stop a nationwide strike that would honor the original labor union agreement brokered by the Biden administration in September to avoid industrial action ahead of the midterm elections.

She said the agreement “is not everything I would like to see, I would like to see paid sick leave – every [leading democratic] country in the world has it. I don’t like going against the ability of a union to strike but, weighing the equities, we must avoid a strike.”

Geez, I'm so glad I am not the president or transportation secretary!
No vacation time? Where'd you get that from? The average railroad hand gets 25 - 29 days of PTO annually. More senior employees get 37 - 39 days.

This is a disgraceful action by a US president.Reminiscent of that awful Reagan.
America needs a decent leadership that supports the working man and woman.
If railways are so important then pay them.
Why should rail workers be any different than the other citizens he has stabbed in the back?

I'm uncertain Americans could survive a strike at this time....the trucking companies likely could hold out for a while, with all the stimulus money they built up.

If they did strike, the agriculture industry and meat industry would likely fail from their spoils, grocery stores in all of the east will be more empty and Americans will be working an entire day just to pay for a loaf of bread, supplies of all kinds will be nil, fuel will also be short, east of the Mississippi would collapse. Most everything comes in through California ports.... It has to be trucked or railed to get everywhere else.

The railroad workers are being totally shit on by the Railroad companies, being on call 24/7 365 days a year is bullshit!, having no vacation time that can be taken is bullshit, having no sick days is bull shit.

But at the same time, a railroad strike at this time would be an internal National security threat....

From he article....

The House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, said Congress would take up legislation on Wednesday to stop a nationwide strike that would honor the original labor union agreement brokered by the Biden administration in September to avoid industrial action ahead of the midterm elections.

She said the agreement “is not everything I would like to see, I would like to see paid sick leave – every [leading democratic] country in the world has it. I don’t like going against the ability of a union to strike but, weighing the equities, we must avoid a strike.”

Geez, I'm so glad I am not the president or transportation secretary!
Just give the workers what they’re asking for. Simple. Strike averted.

The anti-worker Biden and US Congress won’t do this because they’re controlled by the wealthy elite.

Biden would rather see the country suffer than settle this strike. Watch it happen.

It's time workers in this country to stand up for themselves rather than simply show up like robots.

Forum List

Back