Biden stabs rail workers in the back

Pay wasn't the issue. They got less than 5% per year. And they were ok with that. Raking over the coals?
What the hell do you think everyone else has received for an increase in pay each year? They should be happy they got any raise at all, on top of the already overpriced labor they have been charging for YEARS.

That is the whole sticking point of the negotiations between the unions and the companies. They get no sick days. Have you not read anything about this?
The fight is over mandating paid sick days...not that they don't have any sick days, some companies do, some don't....some do, but you don't get paid. The major problem the companies are having is they are short on staff as is, due to not having qualified employees. People just don't want to work anymore, due to years of leftist welfare policies, and that puts the hurt on companies and the labor that does show up

I don't get paid when I am sick and don't come to work. Millions of Americans are in the same boat. Some companies can afford that benefit, some can't.

Taking over coals? That's truly hilarious. They should easily, without any hesitation on the part of the company, be given what they are asking for. The days of workers sitting back and not asking for things is OVER.
Railroad workers are already paid ENORMOUS sums for their not so skilled labor.

The fight is over mandating paid sick days...not that they don't have any sick days, some companies do, some don't....some do, but you don't get paid. The major problem the companies are having is they are short on staff as is, due to not having qualified employees. People just don't want to work anymore, due to years of leftist welfare policies, and that puts the hurt on companies and the labor that does show up

People are more than willing to work, but they are not willing to sacrifice their lives to do so. They cannot get staff because they treat their employees like shit and demand more and more from them.

I don't get paid when I am sick and don't come to work. Millions of Americans are in the same boat. Some companies can afford that benefit, some can't.

Then you are an idiot for working for that company.

What the hell do you think everyone else has received for an increase in pay each year? They should be happy they got any raise at all, on top of the already overpriced labor they have been charging for YEARS.
You don't quite got all your groceries bagged - doya? Have you looked at what fast food franchises and retail outlets are offering these days? It's a helluva lot more than the 5% increase the railroads are offering. Railroaders are skilled labor that spends 3/4 of their time away from their own homes and families.
Think before you post. Other people can see...

You don't quite got all your groceries bagged - doya? Have you looked at what fast food franchises and retail outlets are offering these days? It's a helluva lot more than the 5% increase the railroads are offering. Railroaders are skilled labor that spends 3/4 of their time away from their own homes and families.
Think before you post. Other people can see...
What is the average pay of a railroad worker? Lets compare the numbers.

So are you implying that a railroad engineer should be paid the same as a cashier? Apples and oranges.
Fast food workers get pay increases based on cost of living. Railroad workers arent in danger of not being able to afford groceries. If they werent using unions to buttfuck the citizens of the US, their pay would be WAAAAYYYY the fuck lower, at which point an increase in pay would be justified, but holding us hostage and then asking for a raise is bullshit.

What kind of conservative are you anyway? Youre just a union loving lib cuck. Shut up fool.

Railroads made 20 Billion in profits so far this year. They can surely afford 7 sick days for their employees.
It's not that people don't want to work. It's people don't want to be treated like shit for their efforts.

Fast food workers get pay increases based on cost of living. Railroad workers arent in danger of not being able to afford groceries. If they werent using unions to buttfuck the citizens of the US, their pay would be WAAAAYYYY the fuck lower, at which point an increase in pay would be justified, but holding us hostage and then asking for a raise is bullshit.

What kind of conservative are you anyway? Youre just a union loving lib cuck. Shut up fool.
Bullshit. Fast food workers get paid what the market demands - has zero to do with cost of living.
Dumbass.

I've met some braindead conservatives in my day. But you, sir, take first prize. Congrats!
Says the libtard who supports anti conservative unions. Let me guess, youre new to politics? What else could explain your ultra left wing position on unions? :cuckoo:

This is a disgraceful action by a US president.Reminiscent of that awful Reagan.
America needs a decent leadership that supports the working man and woman.
If railways are so important then pay them.
Democrats have never been for the working. Democrats are elites and poor, no middle. Democrats only care about minorities at election time.

People are more than willing to work, but they are not willing to sacrifice their lives to do so. They cannot get staff because they treat their employees like shit and demand more and more from them.
Do you work for the railroad?

Then you are an idiot for working for that company.
1) they aren't demanding more...they are free to take a personal day...they have no right to paid sick leave. The employees are demanding more, when they ask for that. Millions of Americans have jobs that don't have that.
2) Why? What right do I have to demand them to pay me for days I don't work? I think it's a great benefit, but I would rather make more money when I do work, instead of being able to get paid when I don't work. These railroad employees get amazing healthcare, vacation, and personal days....now they are simply wanting more, and the company says it can't afford to do it.

Forum List

Back