Biden shows once again why he is a huge upgrade from Trump

Exception that proves the rule.
Really?
When it comes to the most pardons, America's wartime and Depression leader Franklin D. Roosevelt beats the band.

He cleared nearly 3,000 individuals of wrongdoing, including many who had violated prohibition laws that banned the sale of alcohol after World War I.

Jimmy Carter pardoned Vietnam-era draft dodgers in a decision that affected some 200,000 people.

Barack Obama used his office to lighten penalties for hundreds of non-violent drug offenders sentenced under laws that disproportionately condemned black men to long stretches behind bars.

Righting wrongs​

The pardon has also being used as a way of righting or apologising for historical wrongs.

Trump used it to wipe away the stain on suffragist Susan B. Anthony who was arrested in 1872 for voting before women had obtained the right to do so.

He also issued another posthumous pardon to the black boxer Jack Johnson, who was arrested in 1912 for violating the racist "White Slave Traffic Act" by crossing state lines with his white wife-to-be Lucille. They fled to France but he was jailed on his return to the US.
1933December 23

President Roosevelt Pardons WW I Espionage Act Victims​

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, exercising the traditional Christmastime practice by presidents, on this day pardoned all persons who were still in prison for having been convicted under the Espionage Act and the Selective Service Act during World War I.
Ed Snowden -- hero or villain?

Last edited:
"President Biden on Tuesday pardoned or commuted the sentences of 78 people convicted of nonviolent federal crimes. The president’s move did not come soon enough for some who had hoped he would use his office to reform the criminal justice system. In fact, he deserves credit for moving assertively but with care in determining who should benefit from clemency, showing what a tremendous upgrade he is from his immediate predecessor.

[…]

Trump…pardoned personal associates convicted of or on trial for serious offenses, such as disgraced former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn and pro-Trump provocateur Stephen K. Bannon. The message was clear: Instead of cooperating with investigators, remaining loyal to Mr. Trump would earn you a pardon. At other times, Mr. Trump pardoned people for whom celebrities such as Kim Kardashian advocated and people who had connections to the White House, rather than seeking to help the federal prisoners who most deserved his attention."

Yet another example of Trump’s ignorance of, and contempt for, the power to pardon afforded presidents by the Constitution.

Yea, Ole Potatohead is a real class act.

As screwed up in the mind as he at least is he is not blatantly selling pardons for political donations like we saw with Slick Willy.

Last edited:

Biden shows once again why he is a huge upgrade from Trump​

"President Biden on Tuesday pardoned or commuted the sentences of 78 people convicted of nonviolent federal crimes.

BlueHand.jpg
Well, it had to happen. After only 19 months in office, someone finally found an uptick to Biden's presidency! He is letting convicted felons out of office! What an upgrade!

Of course, they were nonviolent felons like bank robbers and stock and security thieves on Wall Street, you know, the kind of non-violent felons who likely gave to Biden's election and are probably friends of his. :smoke:

Congrats goes to the Clayhead for pulling this one out of the Long Reach For Legitimacy drawer. :eusa_clap:

I'm talking about more normal schools both public and private. I've always taught in a multi student classroom by the way.
If you are so great, why the hurry to defend yourself? Because you know that you are not so great, only a mouthpiece for your leaders.

Forum List

Back