Biden shows once again why he is a huge upgrade from Trump

Who cares? Unlike many, I don't drool and fawn over the "founding fathers".
Irrelevant. F the FFs. You declared:
A president should not be pardoning or commuting any sentences. The Chief Executive has no business interferring must less overriding the decision of the court system.
Why do you so adamantly disagree with our Constitution?

Yet you lack the impetus to try. Pure BS on your part without any apparent knowledge of history.

You must be a democrat.
1) I'm a Republican.
2) I taught history for 12 years.
3) How am I supposed to rewrite the Constitution at this time?

"President Biden on Tuesday pardoned or commuted the sentences of 78 people convicted of nonviolent federal crimes. The president’s move did not come soon enough for some who had hoped he would use his office to reform the criminal justice system. In fact, he deserves credit for moving assertively but with care in determining who should benefit from clemency, showing what a tremendous upgrade he is from his immediate predecessor.

[…]

Trump…pardoned personal associates convicted of or on trial for serious offenses, such as disgraced former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn and pro-Trump provocateur Stephen K. Bannon. The message was clear: Instead of cooperating with investigators, remaining loyal to Mr. Trump would earn you a pardon. At other times, Mr. Trump pardoned people for whom celebrities such as Kim Kardashian advocated and people who had connections to the White House, rather than seeking to help the federal prisoners who most deserved his attention."

Yet another example of Trump’s ignorance of, and contempt for, the power to pardon afforded presidents by the Constitution.
That's how you measure the value of a President, by how many prisoners they pardon? Wow Clayton, that's messed up.

1) I'm a Republican.
iu

1) I'm a Republican.
1. A poor teacher
2. True history or just stuff you made up
3. You may be a Rino or not know what a republican is.
4. You can't, so quit bitching about it.

1. A poor teacher
2. True history or just stuff you made up
3. You may be a Rino or not know what a republican is.
4. You can't, so quit bitching about it.
I was voted teacher of the year twice.

"true history" as laid out according to California state standards (those as the ones Arkansas uses) and addressed in Texas-approved history books (those are the ones Arkansas uses) supplemented by my own research and that of my students.

In the aftermath of the Civil War, President Andrew Johnson on this day in 1868 issued pardons to all Confederate soldiers who fought in that conflict. The president extended “unconditionally, and without reservation ... a full pardon and amnesty for the offence [sic] of treason against the United States, or of adhering to their enemies during the late Civil War, with restoration of all rights, privileges, and immunities under the Constitution and the laws.”
Was that a bad use of the President's pardoning power, Dayton3? If not, could the Judicial Branch have produced the same result?

I was voted teacher of the year twice.

"true history" as laid out according to California state standards (those as the ones Arkansas uses) and addressed in Texas-approved history books (those are the ones Arkansas uses) supplemented by my own research and that of my students.
In a one room school being teacher of the year is not a tough accomplishment.

By claiming to use California standards you show yourself to not be a true teacher. More of one who indoctrinates what to think and not how to think.

As for your own research, from your claims you only research to find support for your own biases and proclivities.

In a one room school being teacher of the year is not a tough accomplishment.

By claiming to use California standards you show yourself to not be a true teacher. More of one who indoctrinates what to think and not how to think.

As for your own research, from your claims you only research to find support for your own biases and proclivities.

I wasn't aware that any one room schools still even exist.

Forum List

Back