Biden Poised To Double The Number Of Black Women Appeals Court Judges

I'm glad that Biden is doing this.
Why?

We need more women on our courts. We also need more black people on our courts.

I thought we needed the most qualified people on the courts and we weren't supposed to be judging people by what they look like. This used to be what the left believed. When did that change?

What is your proof that Biden is not hiring qualified judges?

I agree people should be hired on their experience and merit.

Why is it that a woman and people of color are automatically not qualified?

You could at least look up the most recent judge Biden has appointed. She is black and very well qualified.

Feel free to point to anyone who said people of color are automatically not qualified. We've had people of color on the various benches for a long time. It was you who made a big deal about race in the OP. Tell the class why you did that. What advantage were you seeking?

Loaded Question; a logical fallacy, to wit:

"A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (such as, a presumption of guilt). ... The fallacy relies on context for its effect: the fact that a question presupposes something does not make the question fallacious in itself."

That's a commie deflection fallacy. Run along bitch.

Why?

We need more women on our courts. We also need more black people on our courts.

I thought we needed the most qualified people on the courts and we weren't supposed to be judging people by what they look like. This used to be what the left believed. When did that change?

What is your proof that Biden is not hiring qualified judges?

I agree people should be hired on their experience and merit.

Why is it that a woman and people of color are automatically not qualified?

You could at least look up the most recent judge Biden has appointed. She is black and very well qualified.

Feel free to point to anyone who said people of color are automatically not qualified. We've had people of color on the various benches for a long time. It was you who made a big deal about race in the OP. Tell the class why you did that. What advantage were you seeking?

Loaded Question; a logical fallacy, to wit:

"A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (such as, a presumption of guilt). ... The fallacy relies on context for its effect: the fact that a question presupposes something does not make the question fallacious in itself."

That's a commie deflection fallacy. Run along bitch.

LOL As previously asserted only your arrogance is superseded by your willful ignorance.

Once again racist Dimwingers look at skin color only.
More lies from one of USMB's notorious liars.
I put him on ignore. Not only is he a trumpanzee, he's an obnoxious jerk.

TRUMPANZEE: Is "an irrational and irritable assclownish beast that is completely immunized {hannitized magatized} to logic-or-reason, any-and-all negative facts-or-evidence concerning Trump, and remains a devout and mindless supporter of the buffoon."

I put him on ignore. Not only is he a trumpanzee, he's an obnoxious jerk.

TRUMPANZEE: Is "an irrational and irritable assclownish beast that is completely immunized {hannitized magatized} to logic-or-reason, any-and-all negative facts-or-evidence concerning Trump, and remains a devout and mindless supporter of the buffoon."
Stay in your safe space, Buttercup.

This is not 'good news' when you are putting 'diversity' over legal aptitude.

If you are only considering skin color and ethnicity over aptitude, you are essentially putting inept judges in our legal system. You are destroying it.

For the past 10 years, Mitch McConnell has refused to confirm black judges. He has slow walked every non-white, non-male appointment made by President Obama.

When Donald Trump was in office McConnell literally rammed through hundreds of unqualified white male conservative judges who shouldn’t be serving on any bench much less federal appeals courts.

In fact Joe Biden just had his first federal judge confirmed. This was a man that President Obama had appointed to the federal appeals court, and McConnell refused to bring this man’s name up for a vote because he is black. Everyone agreed he was one of the finest candidates for a federal judge on the appeals court ever brought before the Senate, but McConnell would not allow a vote because he is black. Ten Years after Barack Obama nominated this man to the appeals court, Chuck Schumer held a vote and confirmed him

And your first comment on seeing that Biden is trying to address this in balance in the federal courts it to suggest that the women he’s picking are somehow “unqualified”.

I find your assumption that these women are not qualified other than by colour to or sex to be offensive in the extreme.

You had no such concerns about the unqualified white men that Donald Trump was naming to the courts. You didn’t even question their qualifications.

In order for a woman, especially a woman of color, to even make the shortlist of nominations, she would have to be twice as qualified as any of the white men under consideration.

If you are only considering skin color and ethnicity over aptitude, you are essentially putting inept judges in our legal system. You are destroying it.
Trump appointed partisan rockies with ZERO experience in the courtroom, much less judging.

Basically rubber stamps for the far rightwing agenda.

And you people were completely happy with it.

Stuff it.
so? same thing-----were you happy with it?

For the past 10 years, Mitch McConnell has refused to confirm black judges. He has slow walked every non-white, non-male appointment made by President Obama.

When Donald Trump was in office McConnell literally rammed through hundreds of unqualified white male conservative judges who shouldn’t be serving on any bench much less federal appeals courts.

In fact Joe Biden just had his first federal judge confirmed. This was a man that President Obama had appointed to the federal appeals court, and McConnell refused to bring this man’s name up for a vote because he is black. Everyone agreed he was one of the finest candidates for a federal judge on the appeals court ever brought before the Senate, but McConnell would not allow a vote because he is black. Ten Years after Barack Obama nominated this man to the appeals court, Chuck Schumer held a vote and confirmed him

And your first comment on seeing that Biden is trying to address this in balance in the federal courts it to suggest that the women he’s picking are somehow “unqualified”.

I find your assumption that these women are not qualified other than by colour to or sex to be offensive in the extreme.

You had no such concerns about the unqualified white men that Donald Trump was naming to the courts. You didn’t even question their qualifications.

In order for a woman, especially a woman of color, to even make the shortlist of nominations, she would have to be twice as qualified as any of the white men under consideration.
Link?

This is good news. We need more women on our courts. Especially black women.

Of course, nothing about their race or gender does anything to change the Law or Constitution they are tasked with upholding.
In other words ... It has nothing to do with their job, and is nothing more than another example
of racial and gender division in a very poor application, by the current administration.

If someone cannot understand something as simple as that, then they wouldn't be worthy of the position.

Yep, picking judges based on skin color and gender instead of on their ability to judge is just the smartest things you've advocated to date.
Make up your mind. Is hiring someone based on skin color racist or not?

You had no problem when McConnell ran a tight ship and refused to even bring non-whites appointed to the bench to a vote. After 10 years of refusing to confirm anyone but white male conservative judges, a little affirmative action is necessary to restore the balance to the courts.

Mitch McConnell has spent the last 10 years packing the courts with white male conservative judges put forward by the Federalist Society.

Fortunately hundreds of judges refused to retire or resign during the Trump years, knowing that McConnell would replace them with white male conservatives. Hundreds of judges tendered their resignation when Biden was inaugurated, to give him plenty of time to fill the vacancies.

Unpacking the courts will take years but until there is a balance in the federal courts conservative white males need not apply.

Elections have consequences FuckBoi. You had your way for 10 years. Elections have consequences.

Yep, picking judges based on skin color and gender instead of on their ability to judge is just the smartest things you've advocated to date.

You had no problem when McConnell ran a tight ship and refused to even bring non-whites appointed to the bench to a vote. After 10 years of refusing to confirm anyone but white male conservative judges, a little affirmative action is necessary to restore the balance to the courts.

Mitch McConnell has spent the last 10 years packing the courts with white male conservative judges put forward by the Federalist Society.

Fortunately hundreds of judges refused to retire or resign during the Trump years, knowing that McConnell would replace them with white male conservatives. Hundreds of judges tendered their resignation when Biden was inaugurated, to give him plenty of time to fill the vacancies.

Unpacking the courts will take years but until there is a balance in the federal courts conservative white males need not apply.

Elections have consequences FuckBoi. You had your way for 10 years. Elections have consequences.
Link?

Hey stupid, the Senate Majority Leader doesn’t choose judges. The President does that.

Once again you demonstrate your colossal ignorance of our system. Sit down and STFU.

Link?

Either you haven’t been paying attention to the news for the past 10 years, or you’re in capable of googling.

I can’t believe you’re this ill-informed and I’m certainly not going to encourage her laziness by spoon feeding you links that you’re not going to read anyway.

I can’t believe you missed the entire kerfuffle around the approval of Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court, and all of the newspaper articles about the packing of the courts by the Republicans, during the approval process

I've been asking the same question all along, and you're too chickenshit to answer it. Is making hiring decisions based on skin color racist?
If it's the only reason, as has been done for generations in this country previously, yes.

Any more dumb questions?

Got it. So if I hire people and my criteria are that they need to be qualified and they need to be white, that's not racist according to you. Interesting.

Hey stupid, the Senate Majority Leader doesn’t choose judges. The President does that.

Once again you demonstrate your colossal ignorance of our system. Sit down and STFU.

Hey stupid, the Senate majority leader decides which items get voted on by the full Senate. McConnell simply refused to bring any non-white non-conservative judging appointments made by Obama to the floor of the senate for approval.

He refused to meet with Merrick Garland much less give him a confirmation vote.

McConnell did the same thing on legislation. He called himself the Grim Reaper. The Senate is the place where bills go to die.

You fools complained about all of the executive orders that Obama used, but that’s on McConnell. He refused to legislate so Obama said I got a pen and a phone.

How stupid are you that you don’t know any of this FuckBoi.

Hey stupid, the Senate majority leader decides which items get voted on by the full Senate. McConnell simply refused to bring any non-white non-conservative judging appointments made by Obama to the floor of the senate for approval.

He refused to meet with Merrick Garland much less give him a confirmation vote.

McConnell did the same thing on legislation. He called himself the Grim Reaper. The Senate is the place where bills go to die.

You fools complained about all of the executive orders that Obama used, but that’s on McConnell. He refused to legislate so Obama said I got a pen and a phone.

How stupid are you that you don’t know any of this FuckBoi.

As Senate Majority Leader at the time, Senator McConnell wasn't required to bring votes to floor on nominees with regard to race or gender.
or political party for that matter ... None of those identifiers alter the Law or Constitution.

Any desire otherwise would simply be an attempt to use racial and gender division as a qualification,
and a reflection of the racial and gender discrimination you support.

New Topics

Forum List

Back