Biden Poised To Double The Number Of Black Women Appeals Court Judges

This is not 'good news' when you are putting 'diversity' over legal aptitude.

If you are only considering skin color and ethnicity over aptitude, you are essentially putting inept judges in our legal system. You are destroying it.

For the past 10 years, Mitch McConnell has refused to confirm black judges. He has slow walked every non-white, non-male appointment made by President Obama.

When Donald Trump was in office McConnell literally rammed through hundreds of unqualified white male conservative judges who shouldn’t be serving on any bench much less federal appeals courts.

In fact Joe Biden just had his first federal judge confirmed. This was a man that President Obama had appointed to the federal appeals court, and McConnell refused to bring this man’s name up for a vote because he is black. Everyone agreed he was one of the finest candidates for a federal judge on the appeals court ever brought before the Senate, but McConnell would not allow a vote because he is black. Ten Years after Barack Obama nominated this man to the appeals court, Chuck Schumer held a vote and confirmed him

And your first comment on seeing that Biden is trying to address this in balance in the federal courts it to suggest that the women he’s picking are somehow “unqualified”.

I find your assumption that these women are not qualified other than by colour to or sex to be offensive in the extreme.

You had no such concerns about the unqualified white men that Donald Trump was naming to the courts. You didn’t even question their qualifications.

In order for a woman, especially a woman of color, to even make the shortlist of nominations, she would have to be twice as qualified as any of the white men under consideration.
Democrats control the Senate. Get it done. Whiner.

If you are only considering skin color and ethnicity over aptitude, you are essentially putting inept judges in our legal system. You are destroying it.

For the past 10 years, Mitch McConnell has refused to confirm black judges. He has slow walked every non-white, non-male appointment made by President Obama.

When Donald Trump was in office McConnell literally rammed through hundreds of unqualified white male conservative judges who shouldn’t be serving on any bench much less federal appeals courts.

In fact Joe Biden just had his first federal judge confirmed. This was a man that President Obama had appointed to the federal appeals court, and McConnell refused to bring this man’s name up for a vote because he is black. Everyone agreed he was one of the finest candidates for a federal judge on the appeals court ever brought before the Senate, but McConnell would not allow a vote because he is black. Ten Years after Barack Obama nominated this man to the appeals court, Chuck Schumer held a vote and confirmed him

And your first comment on seeing that Biden is trying to address this in balance in the federal courts it to suggest that the women he’s picking are somehow “unqualified”.

I find your assumption that these women are not qualified other than by colour to or sex to be offensive in the extreme.

You had no such concerns about the unqualified white men that Donald Trump was naming to the courts. You didn’t even question their qualifications.

In order for a woman, especially a woman of color, to even make the shortlist of nominations, she would have to be twice as qualified as any of the white men under consideration.
Link?

Either you haven’t been paying attention to the news for the past 10 years, or you’re in capable of googling.

I can’t believe you’re this ill-informed and I’m certainly not going to encourage her laziness by spoon feeding you links that you’re not going to read anyway.

I can’t believe you missed the entire kerfuffle around the approval of Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court, and all of the newspaper articles about the packing of the courts by the Republicans, during the approval process
So you can’t back up your bullshit, again.

Run along, Dumbass.

Link?

Either you haven’t been paying attention to the news for the past 10 years, or you’re in capable of googling.

I can’t believe you’re this ill-informed and I’m certainly not going to encourage her laziness by spoon feeding you links that you’re not going to read anyway.

I can’t believe you missed the entire kerfuffle around the approval of Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court, and all of the newspaper articles about the packing of the courts by the Republicans, during the approval process
So you can’t back up your bullshit, again.

Run along, Dumbass.
This place is loaded with mentally ill people.

This is good news. We need more women on our courts. Especially black women.

I'm glad that Biden is doing this.

Yep, picking judges based on skin color and gender instead of on their ability to judge is just the smartest things you've advocated to date.
Once again racist Dimwingers look at skin color only.
More lies from one of USMB's notorious liars.
Make up your mind. Is hiring someone based on skin color racist or not?

You had no problem when McConnell ran a tight ship and refused to even bring non-whites appointed to the bench to a vote. After 10 years of refusing to confirm anyone but white male conservative judges, a little affirmative action is necessary to restore the balance to the courts.

Mitch McConnell has spent the last 10 years packing the courts with white male conservative judges put forward by the Federalist Society.

Fortunately hundreds of judges refused to retire or resign during the Trump years, knowing that McConnell would replace them with white male conservatives. Hundreds of judges tendered their resignation when Biden was inaugurated, to give him plenty of time to fill the vacancies.

Unpacking the courts will take years but until there is a balance in the federal courts conservative white males need not apply.

Elections have consequences FuckBoi. You had your way for 10 years. Elections have consequences.
Hey stupid, the Senate Majority Leader doesn’t choose judges. The President does that.

Once again you demonstrate your colossal ignorance of our system. Sit down and STFU.

Hey stupid, the Senate majority leader decides which items get voted on by the full Senate. McConnell simply refused to bring any non-white non-conservative judging appointments made by Obama to the floor of the senate for approval.

He refused to meet with Merrick Garland much less give him a confirmation vote.

McConnell did the same thing on legislation. He called himself the Grim Reaper. The Senate is the place where bills go to die.

You fools complained about all of the executive orders that Obama used, but that’s on McConnell. He refused to legislate so Obama said I got a pen and a phone.

How stupid are you that you don’t know any of this FuckBoi.
It is too easy to expose you as a lying sack of shit. It only takes one minority confirmed by Mitch to prove it.

Here ya go, lying sack of shit.

Hey stupid, the Senate majority leader decides which items get voted on by the full Senate. McConnell simply refused to bring any non-white non-conservative judging appointments made by Obama to the floor of the senate for approval.

He refused to meet with Merrick Garland much less give him a confirmation vote.

McConnell did the same thing on legislation. He called himself the Grim Reaper. The Senate is the place where bills go to die.

You fools complained about all of the executive orders that Obama used, but that’s on McConnell. He refused to legislate so Obama said I got a pen and a phone.

How stupid are you that you don’t know any of this FuckBoi.

As Senate Majority Leader at the time, Senator McConnell wasn't required to bring votes to floor on nominees with regard to race or gender.
or political party for that matter ... None of those identifiers alter the Law or Constitution.

Any desire otherwise would simply be an attempt to use racial and gender division as a qualification,
and a reflection of the racial and gender discrimination you support.

You certainly had no problem with the judges that McConnell was confirming. He never ceases to amaze me that the same people who scream favouritism when non-whites are appointed to anything our resoundingly silent when all appointments are white and male.

Your whole line of reasoning rings hollow simply because you failed to note or comment on McConnell’s approval process, or the white men he was approving, some of whom had never even tried a case in front of a judge much less sat on a lower court bench.

You weren’t complaining about McConnell approving these clowns but let someone suggest that the court is raciallly unbalanced and work needs to be done to restore that balance, and immediately you scream discrimination. Why didn’t you screaming “discrimination” when McConnell is only approving unqualified white males for the courts?

We’ve also noticed a similar similar level of slow walking of non-white and/or female appointments to the Biden cabinet and senior administrative posts.

Now I’m sure you’ll deny this is happening or you’ll ask for links you have no intention of reading, but you can Google this shit and it really is happening.

Before the legislature meets to decide on a nominee,

Now say the same thing about the number of white males in our legal system who are totally inept.

We never see the qualifications of a white male candidate subject to the same level of scrutiny as those of a black man, or a woman, or a black woman are.
I totally agree, we need to worry about qualifications over sex, skin color or any superficial quality.

How do we standardize the qualifications that we expect so that such matters as race, sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation do not come into play?

Is there a place where we the people can examine the backgrounds of all sitting federal judges and nominees for this position?

You certainly had no problem with the judges that McConnell was confirming. He never ceases to amaze me that the same people who scream favouritism when non-whites are appointed to anything our resoundingly silent when all appointments are white and male.

Your whole line of reasoning rings hollow simply because you failed to note or comment on McConnell’s approval process, or the white men he was approving, some of whom had never even tried a case in front of a judge much less sat on a lower court bench.

You weren’t complaining about McConnell approving these clowns but let someone suggest that the court is raciallly unbalanced and work needs to be done to restore that balance, and immediately you scream discrimination. Why didn’t you screaming “discrimination” when McConnell is only approving unqualified white males for the courts?

We’ve also noticed a similar similar level of slow walking of non-white and/or female appointments to the Biden cabinet and senior administrative posts.

Now I’m sure you’ll deny this is happening or you’ll ask for links you have no intention of reading, but you can Google this shit and it really is happening.

You are screaming for the same favoritism, and simply because you want to favor a race or gender.
You are no different, and don't deserve any recognition as being interested in accomplishing anything other than
more racial and gender discrimination.

Got it. So if I hire people and my criteria are that they need to be qualified and they need to be white, that's not racist according to you. Interesting.
All Black people hired are incompetent to you, right?

You're dodging again. You said if I hire people and my criteria are that they need to be qualified and they need to be white, that's not racist. You were loud and clear, and I'll remember that.

When did skin color become a qualification for being appointed a judge?
When in this country's racist history hasn't it been?
Can't find anything in the Constitution about it. Do you have the answer to my question and yours?

Given that neither non-whites nor women were given the vote under the constitution until more than 100 years after it was signed it would seem rather stupid of you to be reading the constitution on questions of race. But stupid is to be expected from you.

You're dodging again. You said if I hire people and my criteria are that they need to be qualified and they need to be white, that's not racist. You were loud and clear, and I'll remember that.
Yes, yes, I know, I know.....the poor, put upon, white man can't seem to catch a break in the United States of America.

Let's see how we can all work to give him a hand up.

When did skin color become a qualification for being appointed a judge?
When in this country's racist history hasn't it been?
Can't find anything in the Constitution about it. Do you have the answer to my question and yours?

Given that neither non-whites nor women were given the vote under the constitution until more than 100 years after it was signed it would seem rather stupid of you to be reading the constitution on questions of race. But stupid is to be expected from you.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the amendments. I know it's hard for you foreign commies, but hey, give it a shot.

This is good news. We need more women on our courts. Especially black women.

I'm glad that Biden is doing this.

Yep, picking judges based on skin color and gender instead of on their ability to judge is just the smartest things you've advocated to date.
Who says that? What if it's FINALLY picking people based on their abilities and not eliminating them based on their skin color and gender?

Yes, yes, I know, I know.....the poor white man can't seem to catch a break in the United States of America.

Let's see how we can all give him a hand up.

The fact you would identify anything as ... Catching a break ...
Is an accurate description of not being compelled to be held to a higher standard.

At least your are honest, with your less than worthy desires.

Forum List

Back