Beyonce Inflicts Unspeakable Horrors on Dolly Parton’s “Jolene”

I know nothing about current music, but I do know that in 2024, this Beyonce person can sing any song that she wants and that it would be very unwise to criticize her in public.
Yeah, because ThugMasta Jay-Zzzz will whip out his GlaWk Fotty and come fo yo ass!

I see my post, which is about a current event, has been moved to Music. I have been N-worded again.

I liked Beyonce's cover of Blackbird. I was not, though, impressed with her cover of Jolene.

Funny thing about Dolly's version is that all the fussing she does about Jolene taking "her man," the singer seems to have more than a passing fancy for Jolene:

[Verse 1]
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Jolene

If I didn't know better, I'd think the woman singing about Jolene wants to run off with Jolene.

But I digress! Dolly's version is still the best I have ever heard.

Last edited:
What exactly do you not like about it?
Her version is very flat. I don't know about her other songs on the album. She is a very good singer, which surprised me. I will listen to it again in case the medium (tv) was off or something.

EDIT: Ok I get it now. Its out of her normal range that I am used to, hence it sounding flat to me. Plus I like Dolly Parton's voice.

The truth of it is, people like you hate the fact that a black woman can crossover into white music. I’m sure Charlie Pride went through the same thing
Now I have Kiss and Angel Good morning, going in my head. :D

Last edited:
Many would be surprised to know that Dolly helped Beyonce with her album.

and the lyrics of both:
It's a fine album.

If you like someone doing their best impression of country singer, and it's not a good impression.

Otherwise... meh. It sounds like a pop music producer listened to a few country songs and picked it a few recurring melody themes in the vocals, reduced them to nursery rhyme sounding melodies, then called it a day.

Like they do with all pop music.

That’s your problem. I’m sure there are plenty of people that do like it
As I said before, whether you like it or not is entirely subjective, moron. But in the little tick turd pretending to be your brain, it is somehow racist if I do not like her song. Why! Because you are a MORON.🤪

I liked Beyonce's cover of Blackbird. I was not though impressed with your cover of Jolene.

Funny thing about Dolly's version is that all the fussing she does about Jolene taking "her man," the singer seems to have more than a passing fancy for Jolene:

[Verse 1]
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Jolene

If I didn't know better, I'd think the woman singing about Jolene wants to run off with Jolene.

But I digress! Dolly's version is still the best I have ever heard.
WOW!! That is so hot!!

Forum List

Back