Dolly Parton Speaks Out About Black Lives Matter

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.
Well? What did she change the name of her show too?

You would know that answer if you clicked the link and read the article.

Stop being so lazy.

If you really want to know, read the article.
You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?
Just another word for Southern. Unbelievable

Some people find it offensive. She was told that people are offended by the word. Personally I don't find it offensive but if some people do, I support changing the name and being a mature adult.

She's a very smart business woman. She knows it's stupid to offend people if you want to stay in business. Plus as she said, she doesn't want to offend people. That's what an adult does. So she changed the name.

On the other hand childish and selfish people would not change the name. They would also be offended by the name change.

Just as you seem to be.

Grow up. The woman has the right to give any name she wants to her show. It's HER show. NOT yours or anyone else's.

She seems to have made the right choice. People go to Dollywood and have a great time.

As a result, the woman is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She never declared bankruptcy nor did she get anything handed to her by anyone. She worked her butt off for all the success she has enjoyed through the years.
Damn straight. Dolly is a prime example of self made.
and you can be self made, too. There is nothing at all hindering and you are given greater opportunity than others because of the privilege your skin color bestows upon you.

"There is nothing at all hindering"

Bullshit. Racism hinders. Until you get that point you will remain clueless. Dolly Parton didnt have the obstacles in her life that Black people do. Black people have to work 10x harder to make it.
Dolly had a few things going for her, but she faced sexism probably in a very bad way because of how she is built. But still when you look at the country music industry, it's pretty much like NASCAR.

As for the idiotic comment Madame CJ Walker became a millionaire during Jim Crow. And she fought to get jim crow ended for her entire life. The ignorant assumption made by the low rent uneducated whites in this forum that assumes we oppose racism because we have failed is just another in the legacy of stupid things some whites have chosen to believe.

From his 20's up until his very last day of life, John Lewis fought white racism. I know some people tried telling Lewis how he should stop and how he was the racist. How he was obsessed with an issue that didn't apply now. That he hated white people and that he didn't speak for black people. Lewis was born during the overt era of American apartheid. He was 24 before he could vote. He saw the worst and up until his transition he declared not that everything was great, or how he was happy therefore the problem doesn't exist. The man served 33 years in congress, but his focus on justice would be considered by some to be the ranting of an unhappy man.

John Lewis will go down in history as one of the greatest Americans of all time. His sacrifice made it so blacks can vote and can talk about how we have succeeded in business. By every measure this was a successful man. But up to his last breath, Lewis told us that regardless of the improvements we have seen, that there is still work to do. So if Lewis, a man who saw the harsh reality of the past can say that, black sell outs have NOTHING to say. Nor do numbskull retard white racists. Lewis was a legendary freedom fighter. A warrior for justice every second he breathed. He set the example and if we do not follow this example, we have failed.

When a man like the great John Lewis, who saw the worst of segregation, a man who got his skull busted so that I am able to do the things I can today, said that we have come a long way but we still have a long way to go, that's the undisputed truth no one can deny. I'm about that good and necessary trouble son, and whites like you are the failures.
Spare us the SJW propaganda.

Propaganda is when whites assume I speak out against white racism because I have failed and need to blame whites.

I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.
Doubletalk. The main people say all lives matter are racist whites who want to derail what BLM is doing. When have white lives not mattered in America?
I am certain if you really really look, you will find some.
Coal miners didn't matter to Hillary.
And they damn sure didn't to trump. Or anyone else, given the way he haslet people die.

Coal miners did matter to Hillary.

So much that she told them the truth. Their jobs are going away and won't return. She cared so much she offered them help to be retrained so they wouldn't be left high and dry.

It was trump who didn't care about the coal miners. All he did was lie to them. Cut regulations so the owner of the mines could make more money while polluting our environment but didn't do much of anything to help the miners who have been losing their jobs faster while trump has been president.

trump cared so much about the coal miners he lied to them then left them high and dry with no prospect for retraining.
Funny how the Trumps are now telling the coal miners what Hillary was trying to them in
I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.
Doubletalk. The main people say all lives matter are racist whites who want to derail what BLM is doing. When have white lives not mattered in America?
I am certain if you really really look, you will find some.
Coal miners didn't matter to Hillary.
And they damn sure didn't to trump. Or anyone else, given the way he haslet people die.

Coal miners did matter to Hillary.

So much that she told them the truth. Their jobs are going away and won't return. She cared so much she offered them help to be retrained so they wouldn't be left high and dry.

It was trump who didn't care about the coal miners. All he did was lie to them. Cut regulations so the owner of the mines could make more money while polluting our environment but didn't do much of anything to help the miners who have been losing their jobs faster while trump has been president.

trump cared so much about the coal miners he lied to them then left them high and dry with no prospect for retraining.
Funny how the Trumps are now telling the coal miners what Hillary was trying to tell them in 2016.. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ivanka-trump-tells-workers-to-find-something-new-because-old-jobs-aren-t-coming-back/ar-BB16JlTq

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.

Stop being so lazy.

You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?

Some people find it offensive. She was told that people are offended by the word. Personally I don't find it offensive but if some people do, I support changing the name and being a mature adult.

I see it somewhat differently. First of all, I've never understood exactly why the word "Dixie" is offensive. It never was before the whole country got caught up in this goddamned racism panic. Secondly, people choose to be offended by things. The word, in and of itself, is not offensive. Thirdly, "...changing the name and being a mature adult." implies that if she had not changed it, she would not be a mature adult. Not true. If she had not changed it then it would only mean she was standing up for her rights as an American citizen and not bowing to the PC mob.

It is her prerogative to change it if she wants to but I would not have. If anyone had asked me to I simply would have said: Get over it.

She's a very smart business woman. She knows it's stupid to offend people if you want to stay in business. Plus as she said, she doesn't want to offend people. That's what an adult does. So she changed the name.

An adult who is trying to please the mob to stay in business? Nothing adult about that. That's simply fear of losing revenue.

On the other hand childish and selfish people would not change the name. They would also be offended by the name change.

It is the people who ask people like Parton to make these kinds of changes who are being childish and selfish. This was the name of the event the whole time it's been in existence and no one ever made an issue of it. But NOW it's offensive? A stupid word that has no power over them?

Grow up. The woman has the right to give any name she wants to her show. It's HER show. NOT yours or anyone else's.

She seems to have made the right choice. People go to Dollywood and have a great time.

They always had a great time before the name change so why should changing it now make a difference?

She is such a treasure to our nation.

She is full of love and hope. I wish more people were like Ms. Parton. She is a shining light in this darkness of hate and death in our nation.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

In my decades of a career I never worked with her. I had the opportunity many times but I was always committed to another project at the time. I wish I had accepted that job at least once.

She has a new song, When Life Is Good Again. I think she sums up what a lot of us are feeling. At least I hope. She's right we need to stay positive to turn this nightmare into something positive in the end.

So go out and burn someone's business and way to make a living in the name of social justice (a term I use loosely).

She is full of love and hope. I wish more people were like Ms. Parton. She is a shining light in this darkness of hate and death in our nation.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

In my decades of a career I never worked with her. I had the opportunity many times but I was always committed to another project at the time. I wish I had accepted that job at least once.

She has a new song, When Life Is Good Again. I think she sums up what a lot of us are feeling. At least I hope. She's right we need to stay positive to turn this nightmare into something positive in the end.

Sounds to me like she's saying ALL lives matter

Yep, and I'd bet money they cropped her statement and didn't provide the full context.

I've always liked Dolly Parton. You could just tell she had a good soul.

I had many opportunities to work with her but never did.

I always figured I would work with her later when I had more time.

That time got away from me and now it's expired.

Maybe when this nightmare is over she might go on the road. Hopefully her manager will contact me again. If so, I will take that job even though I'm retired. Hopefully her manager has not given up on asking me to work with her.

Yes she's such a good soul. We need more people like her.

Wow, the humble bragging is getting nauseating, any virtue signals you want to put out while your at it?

Dolly is correct we will make it through this and it will be much easier if the meanness and the hate is discarded and we act like we love and care for each other. I have had a crush for her for forty five years.

Stop being so lazy.

Just as you seem to be.

As a result, the woman is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She never declared bankruptcy nor did she get anything handed to her by anyone. She worked her butt off for all the success she has enjoyed through the years.
It is her show and she can call it anything she wants.
However is "Dixie" really that offensive? Who is it offensive too?
What percentage of her audience is offended by the name "Dixie"? Or is really BLM group just seeing how much they can get away with. People need to take a stand and not cave,
I would imagine that there are more people offended that she caved and changed the name.

You are asking those questions to the wrong person. You know this.

I'm not Dolly Parton. I have nothing to do with her or her show. I have nothing to do with her changing the name of her show. So there is no way I'm going to know the answers to your childish questions.

As I stated, I don't find it offensive but am respectful and polite enough to not want to offend people.

I grew up with a person named Dixie. She can't change her name. Her name has nothing to do with geography or slavery.

I can see you are one of those selfish people who doesn't care about offending people and being rude.

So if you are so offended by her changing the name of her show, write her an email and ask her. I'm sure she or one of her assistants will tell you.

Meanwhile, grow up. Adults show respect to other people and have open minds. It doesn't hurt you or anyone to be polite, respect and nice.
Polite, respect and nice is what people like that call PC.

Yes I know.

They seem to be the most rudest and disrespectful people in our nation.

Their behavior has become old and stale.

So she said our little whites asses matter too.
Isn’t that what all of us have been saying? That all lives do matter?

But hey BLM people, keep listening to whining white liberals telling you to go burn shit down and loot businesses. Hundreds of looters are being picked up after the fact and are going to jail. Keep attacking random people in cars and blocking them in traffic. Like this dumb BLM bitch who now faces prison for illegally detaining a pregnant woman:
I don’t think she will get anywhere near 15 years, but she got a reality check.

Why any of you blacks think that these meth head and homosexual white liberals give a shit about you or your neighborhoods is beyond me. But hey, if you like seeing your own kind locked up and your neighborhoods turning into bigger shit holes, then by all means keep doing as your told.

Not thats not what she said retard. She said and I quote "Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

She gets it. Grow a fucking brain and maybe you will get it too.

Apparently you can’t grasp the meaning of the word “only” in that sentence.

But hey BLM people, keep listening to whining white liberals telling you to go burn shit down and loot businesses. Hundreds of looters are being picked up after the fact and are going to jail. Keep attacking random people in cars and blocking them in traffic. Like this dumb BLM bitch who now faces prison for illegally detaining a pregnant woman:

Why any of you blacks think that these meth head and homosexual white liberals give a shit about you or your neighborhoods is beyond me. But hey, if you like seeing your own kind locked up and your neighborhoods turning into bigger shit holes, then by all means keep doing as your told.

Nobody's telling anybody shit. Now shut that racist drivel up.

Bullshit. The media and your Democrat Masters are telling you exactly how to feel and act. They keep playing these supposed “racist” killings of blacks by white police to stir you up and get you to burn down your neighborhoods. The funny thing is these supposed outrages always turn out to be completely fake. Just like Trayvon, and just like Jussie Smollett, the Fentanyl Floyd story was a total lie, he died because he was drugged up out of his mind.

Plus, there is still zero proof that the cop was “racist” in any way. I’ve asked for proof of his “racism” from day one and you idiots still can’t provide any proof. But you idiots don’t care, you need to loot a Nike store.

Stop being so lazy.

Just as you seem to be.

and you can be self made, too. There is nothing at all hindering and you are given greater opportunity than others because of the privilege your skin color bestows upon you.

Bullshit. Racism hinders. Until you get that point you will remain clueless. Dolly Parton didnt have the obstacles in her life that Black people do. Black people have to work 10x harder to make it.
Dolly had a few things going for her, but she faced sexism probably in a very bad way because of how she is built. But still when you look at the country music industry, it's pretty much like NASCAR.

As for the idiotic comment Madame CJ Walker became a millionaire during Jim Crow. And she fought to get jim crow ended for her entire life. The ignorant assumption made by the low rent uneducated whites in this forum that assumes we oppose racism because we have failed is just another in the legacy of stupid things some whites have chosen to believe.

From his 20's up until his very last day of life, John Lewis fought white racism. I know some people tried telling Lewis how he should stop and how he was the racist. How he was obsessed with an issue that didn't apply now. That he hated white people and that he didn't speak for black people. Lewis was born during the overt era of American apartheid. He was 24 before he could vote. He saw the worst and up until his transition he declared not that everything was great, or how he was happy therefore the problem doesn't exist. The man served 33 years in congress, but his focus on justice would be considered by some to be the ranting of an unhappy man.

John Lewis will go down in history as one of the greatest Americans of all time. His sacrifice made it so blacks can vote and can talk about how we have succeeded in business. By every measure this was a successful man. But up to his last breath, Lewis told us that regardless of the improvements we have seen, that there is still work to do. So if Lewis, a man who saw the harsh reality of the past can say that, black sell outs have NOTHING to say. Nor do numbskull retard white racists. Lewis was a legendary freedom fighter. A warrior for justice every second he breathed. He set the example and if we do not follow this example, we have failed.

When a man like the great John Lewis, who saw the worst of segregation, a man who got his skull busted so that I am able to do the things I can today, said that we have come a long way but we still have a long way to go, that's the undisputed truth no one can deny. I'm about that good and necessary trouble son, and whites like you are the failures.

Propaganda is when whites assume I speak out against white racism because I have failed and need to blame whites.
How is that propaganda?

Black Lives Matter vs All Lives Matter

One is inherently racist....and one is not.

One is also a political tool...while one is not
All lives matter is an inherently racist political tool used by right wing whites.
ROFL! If there's any slogan that's racist it's "Black Lives Matter."
No that's just not the case.

"We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people."

That must be why they physically assault people who say "all lives matter" and kill police officers.

"Pigs in a blanket! Fry em like bacon!"
Yep, that's why the majority of Americans from all races are siding with or joining the BLM movement. trump sent troops to the whitest city in America and those whites were not saying "all lives matter."
If winning these battles which are questionable and losing the war by destroying the cities is your goal, well have at it. People are moving away if they can. Many businesses will not reopen. Food Emporiums have been reduce by a good margin and will drop even more the next month or two. At some point it will time to pay the piper. My only concern is for the people moving making the areas they come to the same as they left. Although many people who have left those areas have blended in with the communities many more seem to be carpetbaggers and scalawags infecting areas instead of softening the hard edges a bit.
Nobody is destroying cities. You have chosen to believe a particular narrative because it fits your agenda.

Bullshit. The media and your Democrat Masters are telling you exactly how to feel and act. They keep playing these supposed “racist” killings of blacks by white police to stir you up and get you to burn down your neighborhoods. The funny thing is these supposed outrages always turn out to be completely fake. Just like Trayvon, and just like Jussie Smollett, the Fentanyl Floyd story was a total lie, he died because he was drugged up out of his mind.

Plus, there is still zero proof that the cop was “racist” in any way. I’ve asked for proof of his “racism” from day one and you idiots still can’t provide any proof. But you idiots don’t care, you need to loot a Nike store.

Another white post full of pure racism.

Stop being so lazy.

Just as you seem to be.

How is that propaganda?
Because it's a lie that low rent, uneducated whites have told yourselves.

If these guys had named themselves All Lives Matter, racist whites like many here would still have some stupid racist bullshit to say.

If these guys had named themselves All Lives Matter, racist whites like many here would still have some stupid racist bullshit to say.

I think it should be:

Black Lives Matter Too.

Black lives don't matter in America. That is the whole point.

The fact that so many black people are murdered by the police, are put in prisons and don't have the opportunities that white people have is the whole point of the movement.

That needs to change. Black lives do matter just as much as all lives.

The all lives matter is just an excuse to not change.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Another white post full of pure racism.

^^ Another Dem that can’t refute what I said. You have zero proof the cop was a racist. All this rioting and looting has nothing to do with racism. It’s has everything to do with blacks falling for more Democrat lies.

You people should had listened to Malcom X.

I think it should be:

Black Lives Matter Too.

The fact that so many black people are murdered by the police, are put in prisons and don't have the opportunities that white people have is the whole point of the movement.

And the unwillingness to do anything about blacks taking innocent black lives in gang shootouts is just an excuse to not change.

I think it should be:

Black Lives Matter Too.

Yeah that title would erase a lot of ignorance. Being black, I understood exactly what they meant. So do many whites like Dolly and yourself. We're just in here reading a bunch of disingenuous racist nonsense posted for the reason you point out in your last sentence.

Forum List

Back