Dolly Parton pulls her name from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ballots

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.

She is certainly more deserving than some who are in as well as some being considered.

I get her point, she hears "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" and thinks, "But I'm Country!"

I'm of the opinion that, if you're going to call it the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame," stick to Rock and Roll artists. If you want to include people because of their contributions to music change the name. You won't see Led Zeppelin in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame... You won't see Megadeath in the Country Music Hall of Fame... Just sayin'...

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.
She’s insane. And that’s bad advice.

Dolly Parton is from the days when it took singing talent to be a professional singer. The only song of hers that I know that might be rock and roll is "9 to 5," which is a great song, but as far as I know, was always considered country.

Eminem? You must be kidding. No doubt Parton didn't want to be mocked along with Eminem, who will deserve it if he accepts the spot.

On the other hand, the R&R Hall of Fame is a privately owned museum, that gets no government funding, as far as I know (other than "COVID relief" which everyone is on the bandwagon for), so who they induct and why is their business. No skin off my backside.

Like most rich ppl they lose there minds and where they came from .

Except she has not forgotten where she came from. She has continually helped those people who were there. Her Buddy Program reduced the dropout rate in the Sevier County from 30% to 6%. In 1995 she started her Imagination books program. She funded the program, starting in Sevier County, and later expanding, to send books to children from birth to age 5. Quality books and free to all, regardless of their income. By 2003 the foundation had mailed its 1 millionth book. It spread to other countries. Still free books to children from birth to age 5. In 2020 the Dolly Parton Imagination Library gifted its 150 millionth book. Recently it was announced that every employee of Dollywood can continue their education, free of charge. The park will pay tuition, fees and books for any full-time, part-time and seasonal employees (all 11,000 of them). And it starts the day they are employed.

These are just 3 of the programs she has started. And they all started "where she came from".

Except she has not forgotten where she came from. She has continually helped those people who were there. Her Buddy Program reduced the dropout rate in the Sevier County from 30% to 6%. In 1995 she started her Imagination books program. She funded the program, starting in Sevier County, and later expanding, to send books to children from birth to age 5. Quality books and free to all, regardless of their income. By 2003 the foundation had mailed its 1 millionth book. It spread to other countries. Still free books to children from birth to age 5. In 2020 the Dolly Parton Imagination Library gifted its 150 millionth book. Recently it was announced that every employee of Dollywood can continue their education, free of charge. The park will pay tuition, fees and books for any full-time, part-time and seasonal employees (all 11,000 of them). And it starts the day they are employed.

These are just 3 of the programs she has started. And they all started "where she came from".
She said recently that she’s white in that she means nothing to Black people that she’s privileged and she needs to do this in that all white people need to kiss Black people‘s asses.. my God majority of Black people are on welfare.. Poor white women listen to her music.. They work hard they deserve to be respected

If hank williams and nate king cole are in there any bum with a hit record can qualify

and dolly parton has had more than a few

Is Hank Williams there?

Well then, why not Dolly? :dunno:

Also.....if Johnny Cash is in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame.....

C'mon Dolly....don't be like that, you should be there too! ;)

Forum List

Back