Dolly Parton Speaks Out About Black Lives Matter

She is such a treasure to our nation.

She is full of love and hope. I wish more people were like Ms. Parton. She is a shining light in this darkness of hate and death in our nation.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.

In my decades of a career I never worked with her. I had the opportunity many times but I was always committed to another project at the time. I wish I had accepted that job at least once.

She has a new song, When Life Is Good Again. I think she sums up what a lot of us are feeling. At least I hope. She's right we need to stay positive to turn this nightmare into something positive in the end.

So she said our little whites asses matter too.
Isn’t that what all of us have been saying? That all lives do matter?

But hey BLM people, keep listening to whining white liberals telling you to go burn shit down and loot businesses. Hundreds of looters are being picked up after the fact and are going to jail. Keep attacking random people in cars and blocking them in traffic. Like this dumb BLM bitch who now faces prison for illegally detaining a pregnant woman:
I don’t think she will get anywhere near 15 years, but she got a reality check.

Why any of you blacks think that these meth head and homosexual white liberals give a shit about you or your neighborhoods is beyond me. But hey, if you like seeing your own kind locked up and your neighborhoods turning into bigger shit holes, then by all means keep doing as your told.

Nobody's telling anybody shit. Now shut that racist drivel up.

Bullshit. The media and your Democrat Masters are telling you exactly how to feel and act. They keep playing these supposed “racist” killings of blacks by white police to stir you up and get you to burn down your neighborhoods. The funny thing is these supposed outrages always turn out to be completely fake. Just like Trayvon, and just like Jussie Smollett, the Fentanyl Floyd story was a total lie, he died because he was drugged up out of his mind.

Plus, there is still zero proof that the cop was “racist” in any way. I’ve asked for proof of his “racism” from day one and you idiots still can’t provide any proof. But you idiots don’t care, you need to loot a Nike store.

Another white post full of pure racism.

^^ Another Dem that can’t refute what I said. You have zero proof the cop was a racist. All this rioting and looting has nothing to do with racism. It’s has everything to do with blacks falling for more Democrat lies.

You people should had listened to Malcom X.

The cop was a racist. He had a long record of similar abuses. I am black, I know when something is racist. You're a racist, you want to maintain a racist society because you can't make it without such help. We did listen to Malcolm, that's why we don't join the republican party since the white liberals X was talking about were republican.

If these guys had named themselves All Lives Matter, racist whites like many here would still have some stupid racist bullshit to say.

I think it should be:

Black Lives Matter Too.

Black lives don't matter in America. That is the whole point.

The fact that so many black people are murdered by the police, are put in prisons and don't have the opportunities that white people have is the whole point of the movement.

That needs to change. Black lives do matter just as much as all lives.

The all lives matter is just an excuse to not change.
Yeah that title would erase a lot of ignorance. Being black, I understood exactly what they meant. So do many whites like Dolly and yourself. We're just in here reading a bunch of disingenuous racist nonsense posted for the reason you point out in your last sentence.
You are a brain-washed anti-American drone. Dana's post is total horseshit. He's defending terrorism

She is full of love and hope. I wish more people were like Ms. Parton. She is a shining light in this darkness of hate and death in our nation.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.

In my decades of a career I never worked with her. I had the opportunity many times but I was always committed to another project at the time. I wish I had accepted that job at least once.

She has a new song, When Life Is Good Again. I think she sums up what a lot of us are feeling. At least I hope. She's right we need to stay positive to turn this nightmare into something positive in the end.

But hey BLM people, keep listening to whining white liberals telling you to go burn shit down and loot businesses. Hundreds of looters are being picked up after the fact and are going to jail. Keep attacking random people in cars and blocking them in traffic. Like this dumb BLM bitch who now faces prison for illegally detaining a pregnant woman:

Why any of you blacks think that these meth head and homosexual white liberals give a shit about you or your neighborhoods is beyond me. But hey, if you like seeing your own kind locked up and your neighborhoods turning into bigger shit holes, then by all means keep doing as your told.

Bullshit. The media and your Democrat Masters are telling you exactly how to feel and act. They keep playing these supposed “racist” killings of blacks by white police to stir you up and get you to burn down your neighborhoods. The funny thing is these supposed outrages always turn out to be completely fake. Just like Trayvon, and just like Jussie Smollett, the Fentanyl Floyd story was a total lie, he died because he was drugged up out of his mind.

Plus, there is still zero proof that the cop was “racist” in any way. I’ve asked for proof of his “racism” from day one and you idiots still can’t provide any proof. But you idiots don’t care, you need to loot a Nike store.

^^ Another Dem that can’t refute what I said. You have zero proof the cop was a racist. All this rioting and looting has nothing to do with racism. It’s has everything to do with blacks falling for more Democrat lies.

The cop was a racist. He had a long record of similar abuses. I am black, I know when something is racist. You're a racist, you want to maintain a racist society because you can't make it without such help. We did listen to Malcolm, that's why we don't join the republican party since the white liberals X was talking about were republican.

He had a record of absues, but nothing that indicated that he was a racist. If you rob a bank, are you automatically a racist?

You're a fucking moron.

The cop may have had a record of being rough. But he worked a Democrat shithole, aka a black hood, so everyone he dealt with was likely a black criminal.

Wrong on Malcom. He specifically talked about the white Democrats that pretended to be helping blacks.

I've always liked Dolly Parton. You could just tell she had a good soul.

I had many opportunities to work with her but never did.

I always figured I would work with her later when I had more time.

That time got away from me and now it's expired.

Maybe when this nightmare is over she might go on the road. Hopefully her manager will contact me again. If so, I will take that job even though I'm retired. Hopefully her manager has not given up on asking me to work with her.

Yes she's such a good soul. We need more people like her.
So, you're retired...which suggests you have a lot of free time
You could've worked with Dolly Parton...which suggests you have connections and opportunities

Just out of curiosity, what have you done in your free time
by taking advantage of the opportunities those connections present
to help make a difference in a black life or towards social inequality?

Asking for a friend

The cop was a racist. He had a long record of similar abuses.

Abuses solely against blacks? Or are you just assuming this?

I am black, I know when something is racist.You're a racist

I thought power and authority were required to be racist.

You call anyone and everyone who has no power or authority over you and who disagrees with you a racist. Then when told you are racist you pull that Blacks-can't-be-racist-because-they-have-no power-or-authority canard.

If you knew when something is racist then at least your bullshit would be consistent. Racism is whatever you need it to be at the moment.

I like Dolly, but she's just another dumb Hollywood bimbo.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In a business that eats bimbos for breakfast, Dolly has become one of the most successful songwriters, performers, and producers in the industry. She presents as a sweet southern lady, and she is. But she is also a determined and smart business woman.

And she has used her money and power to make the world a better place.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In a business that eats bimbos for breakfast, Dolly has become one of the most successful songwriters, performers, and producers in the industry. She presents as a sweet southern lady, and she is. But she is also a determined and smart business woman.

Lots of smart business people are dumb in other fields. You're committing the logical fallacy of appeal to authority, and Dolly isn't even an authority in the area being discussed.

Lots of smart business people are dumb in other fields. You're committing the logical fallacy of appeal to authority, and Dolly isn't even an authority in the area being discussed.

She never claimed to be an authority in the area being discussed. She saw something that hurt other people, and she changed it. Oh the horrors of such an action.

I don't think she has ever claimed to be an expert in every field. Nor have I. But to call her a bimbo not even close to accurate.

If you measure success in business by finances, her net worth is $500 million. That doesn't happen to a bimbo who runs every facet of her business.

And she has used her money to try to help others. She has worked hard to make things better for others. Your insults show your own hatred more than her ignorance.

I have a number of friends in the music business who have worked with her. They all say the same thing, she is as sweet as she seems.

She never claimed to be an authority in the area being discussed. She saw something that hurt other people, and she changed it. Oh the horrors of such an action.

I don't think she has ever claimed to be an expert in every field. Nor have I. But to call her a bimbo not even close to accurate.

If you measure success in business by finances, her net worth is $500 million. That doesn't happen to a bimbo who runs every facet of her business.

And she has used her money to try to help others. She has worked hard to make things better for others. Your insults show your own hatred more than her ignorance.

I have a number of friends in the music business who have worked with her. They all say the same thing, she is as sweet as she seems.

Why should anyone take her seriously?

It's far easier to accumulate $500 million when you earn $10 million on a single record and $2 million from doing a concert. The later are the result of musical talent, not business skill.

I simply question her comments on BLM. You have presented no reason why anyone should agree with her.

It's far easier to accumulate $500 million when you earn $10 million on a single record and $2 million from doing a concert. The later are the result of musical talent, not business skill.

I simply question her comments on BLM. You have presented no reason why anyone should agree with her.

What part of her comments do you think are wrong, or a lie?

And yes, it is far easier to accumulate $500 million when you earn $10 million on a single record and $2 million for a concert. Makes you wonder why everyone doesn't do it, huh? Its so easy.

While her music is the mainstay of her money, she does a lot of things. And seems successful at all of them.

And did Dolly try to tell anyone else how they should think? Or did she simply make a few changes in her show?

I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.
Doubletalk. The main people say all lives matter are racist whites who want to derail what BLM is doing. When have white lives not mattered in America?
BLM is trying to impose a socialist dictatorship in this country, so, yes, I do want to derail what they are doing.
No they aren't. You're a racist and you want to make an excuse to be racist.
Yes they are. The founders admitted they are "trained Marxists." Scum like you can't put Marxism over on the public by being honest, so as a substitute you just accuse everyone who criticizes you of being racist.

I don't care what they say they are. Your ass is a fascist. Racism is part of fascism. Scum like you can't put your white supremacy over on the public by being honest so you blow comments made out of proportion while supporting your fascist beliefs with the faith that Donald Trump will return America to a white fascist society. When they said they were trained marxists they are talking about returning to original black values such as:

► Collectivism
► Cooperation
► Common heritage
► Natural law
► and Contribution

And you see this when they talk about what they believe. But you being a white supremacist know nothing about these values because America and Europe are built on these values:

Individualism
► Ownership
► Conflict and control
► Manipulation
► and Consumerism

Your false idol called white supremacy, automatically sees different ways of community operations as conflict against you. Those like you live in a zero sum world with a zero sum mentality.

Racism
Gibs Me Datism.
Fuck you! Piece of shit!
You get nothing for what you didn't earn, asshole!
Neither does anybody else.
At least you're not alone.

How exactly does the word "Dixie" hurt other people?

What part of her comments do you think are wrong, or a lie?

Obviously I'm talking about her comments on BLM. At this point it has become obvious that you lack the capacity to commit logic, so this will be my last response on this topic

And yes, it is far easier to accumulate $500 million when you earn $10 million on a single record and $2 million for a concert. Makes you wonder why everyone doesn't do it, huh? Its so easy.

Duh . . . . Because very few people make $10 million on one album? You can't be this stupid.

While her music is the mainstay of her money, she does a lot of things. And seems successful at all of them..

She wouldn't be able to do any of those things without her musical career.

And did Dolly try to tell anyone else how they should think? Or did she simply make a few changes in her show?

Yes, she does try to tell people what to think.

Forum List

Back