Dolly Parton pulls her name from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ballots

Johnny was as much a country singer as Dolly is!

Dolly belong in the R/R hall of fame, along with Johnny

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Period.

Nat King Cole is amazing and he absolutely deserves to be there. If not him, then who??
I dont think of him as a rock and roller

the black lady i discussed earler was far more part of the rock scene than he was

but she didnt make it till the 2000’s

Johnny was as much a country singer as Dolly is!

Dolly belong in the R/R hall of fame, along with Johnny

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Period.
No dolly is above the rock and roll Hall of fame

Way above it

I dont think of him as a rock and roller

the black lady i discussed earler was far more part of the rock scene than he was

but she didnt make it till the 2000’s

There is soft rock and roll too.... more like ballads which is exactly Nat King Cole style......not all rock and roll is screaming animals like Metallica.

There is soft rock and roll too.... more like ballads which is exactly Nat King Cole style......not all rock and roll is screaming animals like Metallica.
Early rock was all beat

Whatever.

That's your opinion I have mine.:)
Think of it of skye 100, 000 years from now no one will even remember the rock and roll Hall of fame.

But they will know:

Elvis

The Beatles

The Stones

Johnny cash

Dolly

Whitney Houston

Michael Jackson

Jimmy Hendrix

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.

Well it was the right decision, but TBH WTF was she even nominated? Her only rock/pop song was Whitney Houston singing a cover of her country version of I will always Love you and that 9-5 thing

Well it was the right decision, but TBH WTF was she even nominated? Her only rock/pop song was Whitney Houston singing a cover of her country version of I will always Love you and that 9-5 thing

Then why Hank Williams and Johnny Cash were nominated and accepted?

What's the difference.....why one and not the other? I want to know

Hank Williams was elected as an early influencer from the pre-rock era. As for Johnny Cash, IDK.

Hank Williams was elected as an early influencer from the pre-rock era. As for Johnny Cash, IDK.

What about the great Chet Atkins?

Only guitar...mainly blues, mainly vintage nothing rock and roll....he was accepted in the R/R Hall of fame ...I am a great fan of him!

Why them and why not Dolly?

Only guitar...mainly blues, mainly vintage nothing rock and roll....he was accepted in the R/R Hall of fame ...I am a great fan of him!

I have no idea who he is, but regardless, as I pointed out, I know that Hank Williams was admitted as an early influencer and not as a rock performer. I guess you could email Cleveland and ask them about Chet Atkins.

Dolly is humble skye

because rockers have said they influenced them early on....chet akins influenced many guitar players.....

Forum List

Back