Dolly Parton pulls her name from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ballots

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.
For the record, I don't want nominated either.

Do I win a cookie as well?

She has no business being nominated for the RnR HoF.

Waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to many non RnR acts in that HOF. So thanks Dolly.

She is a class act, and not sure why she would have been nominated in the first place. There certainly is much of rock that is influenced by country music and vice versa, but I don't think her music really fits the genre too well. Hats off to her though!

I done rolled many a rocker but I dang sure aint made nunna that thar music.
I'm all cuntree !
Not so

dolly parton is a crossover star and better than most of the no-talent emaciated druggies who will be honored instead

note: let me amend that

most if not all the musicians in the HOF are deserving even if booze and drugs drove them to an early grave

they still managed to make great music while they were here

Last edited:
I think that was her point. But being a southern lady, she was polite about it.
If hank williams and nate king cole are in there any bum with a hit record can qualify

and dolly parton has had more than a few

I hope you're saying this in jest, however since the HOF has already inducted the 'Beastie Boys', they'll obviously continue to insult us, with "musicians" and groups that have no business being there.
im very serious.....for instance Judas Priest is getting the same treatment that the people who run the place gave Deep Purple and Black Sabbath....

Forum List

Back