Dolly Parton pulls her name from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ballots

I hope you're saying this in jest, however since the HOF has already inducted the 'Beastie Boys', they'll obviously continue to insult us, with "musicians" and groups that have no business being there.

I wasn't a huge fan but the Beastie Boys certainly had their moments.

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.
Too bad all those disco, rap, hip hop and soul artist do not have the integrity of Dolly. If they did then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame would not be the joke that it is.

She is a class act, and not sure why she would have been nominated in the first place. There certainly is much of rock that is influenced by country music and vice versa, but I don't think her music really fits the genre too well. Hats off to her though!

She was nominated to score popularity points is all. The whole thing is really quite ridiculous.

Then again giving trophy's, awards, recognition, and so on to singers, actors and so on to me is just utterly dumb and pointless. They are rich, famous, catered to, and treated special and paid more money than I'll ever have accumulated in my life, they certainly don't need awards shows on top of that. At what point do we stop praising the rich and famous who have every advantage? It's kind of sick so many people worship celebrities. To the point where after they did what they did, made millions of dollars, were famous and so on then on top of it we have to put them on television so we can watch them win an award.

She was nominated to score popularity points is all. The whole thing is really quite ridiculous.

Then again giving trophy's, awards, recognition, and so on to singers, actors and so on to me is just utterly dumb and pointless. They are rich, famous, catered to, and treated special and paid more money than I'll ever have accumulated in my life, they certainly don't need awards shows on top of that. At what point do we stop praising the rich and famous who have every advantage? It's kind of sick so many people worship celebrities. To the point where after they did what they did, made millions of dollars, were famous and so on then on top of it we have to put them on television so we can watch them win an award.
a HOF is somewhat different than the awards shows...

Forum List

Back