Country Music Star Bravely Defends Fellow Singer Against Cancel Culture

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Country star Mickey Guyton -- one of a small handful of well-known Black singers in the genre -- just spoke her piece about Morgan Wallen's situation ... and she gives some poignant insight, including an olive branch for Morgan himself. She writes, "When I read comments saying 'this is not who we are' I laugh because this is exactly who country music is. I’ve witnessed it for 10 gd years. Mickey goes on to say that she's often questioned why she fights to stay in an industry that has shown it hates her at times because of the color of her skin -- she says " there are actually great people and ambassadors of the genre -- including Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley, Kacey Musgraves, Carrie Underwood, Kree Harrison, Chris Young, Chris Stapleton, Keith Urban and many, many more. Mickey finished her thoughts with a rebuke of "cancel culture" too. MG says people need to be given a chance to change, including Morgan -- and hopes he sees the error in his ways ... adding that tossing someone out permanently isn't a solution."

Clearly this guy wasn't using the "n-word" in any racist derogatory way; he definitely doesn't deserve to be canceled for it...I am glad that this woman was brave enough to stand up for him -- and she is right, there are tons of great people in front of and behind the scenes in Country music....and while there may be a loud racist element to the genre; that is not the artists' or the music's fault....Fact of the matter is, black folks should feel at home with country music since it was black artists who built it.

There is no racist component of country music.

What needs to be outlawed is the cancel culture itself.

There is no racist component of country music.

What needs to be outlawed is the cancel culture itself.
I value the knowledge of Mickey Guyton on this subject more than a guy who capes up for white supremacists online just to own the libs

So many whites like to wrongly respond w/things like "This is not who we are." when it's clear that that is exactly who you are.

You have to face it, name it, and fight it to defeat it.

We're talking about bigotry, racism and white supremacy.

Last edited:
I get what Mickey is saying, but what she needs to remember is that those who are prejudice in any way do not speak for anyone else other than their own selves and so therefore, if she is lumping those who are prejudice in there with those who are not, that right there is where she is the person who is wrong.

God bless you and Mickey and Morgan always!!!

Holly

The words "End Racism" and "We're all in this together" are seen at many events now. Yet a word is widely accepted for one group based on their skin color and if you're another color you're canceled, even if you didn't use the word in a derogatory manner towards someone else. Unfortunately, racism is far from ending.

Forum List

Back