Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Your ticket has been punched, I am ok with it.
Nope. Not traveling this weekend.

I guess that Christian ā€˜thingā€™; hate the sin, revile who disagrees with you is alive and well.

The kinder, gentlerā€¦.(Record Scratch Sound Affect) angrier, more hostile Christianity

This is the essence in Bible belief. There was little to no science to refute the fairy tails. Itā€™s a little different now.
Not as different as you may think. Biblical authors used various literary devices to present their lessons. Not one of them was a science lesson, nor was it intended to be. Anyone familiar with literature can readily identify the type of literature Biblical authors used: Just-so stories, myths, fables, plays, songs, quotes, apocalyptic narratives, history spiels, etc.

There were no text books in those times, no Encyclopedias, no newspapers, magazines, or computers. They wrote amazing tales, each one with a lesson they wanted to pass along to the next generation.

The Bible was never meant to be taken literally, and the majority never did and still don't. The number that take it literally usually falls after a few years. Fundamentalists tried to build up these minority numbers back in the 1970s, but any small gain they may have made have long since fallen.

People of faith believe in the lessons, the themes being set forth. There is no questioning science, because there is no science to question. That would be like asking why a song will not mow the lawn. Mowing is not what a song does; science is not what the Bible does.

Oh, so youā€™re going to tell us how smart you are in Bible study ? Thatā€™s like sayang youā€™re an expert on the Wizard of Oz. I conceded to your expertise in that area. If youā€™re going to support a god, we need to see more math and science.
I haven't been to a formal Bible Study in over twenty years, which is too bad because of all the truly smart people there (which I was not one). As far as anyone rising to the level of 'expert', I am not sure that is even possible. Too much to learn. I don't know who is the expert on the Wizard of Oz, but its not me. Unless remembering the little dog's name was Toto qualifies one as an expert?

Sigh. What I am getting quite expert at saying is that science and math are measurements and studies of the physical realm. They do not travel with us in the spiritual realm. Those who cling to math and science will no more learn anything about the spiritual realm, than those who cling to the edge will learn to swim.

I haven't been to a formal Bible Study in over twenty years, which is too bad because of all the truly smart people there (which I was not one). As far as anyone rising to the level of 'expert', I am not sure that is even possible. Too much to learn. I don't know who is the expert on the Wizard of Oz, but its not me. Unless remembering the little dog's name was Toto qualifies one as an expert?

Sigh. What I am getting quite expert at saying is that science and math are measurements and studies of the physical realm. They do not travel with us in the spiritual realm. Those who cling to math and science will no more learn anything about the spiritual realm, than those who cling to the edge will learn to swim.
Haha

"Bible study"

Give me a break. Ask 1 billion people what is in, say, Genesis, and you will get 1 billion different answers.

In ACTUAL, academic study, this problem does not exist.

You should not use the word "study". "Whimsy" would be more appropriate.

"Bible whimsy"

One can choose not to believe Romans 3:23 and selectively believe other parts of the Bible but thatā€™s pretty haphazard.
I believe you and I have already had this discussion where you reject Paul's context, and wander off into other possibilities. Allowable.

Sorry. That wonā€™t do. According to Christianity The physical world and the spiritual world converge around the birth of Christ through his crucifixion to his ascension into heaven.

Now youā€™re claiming we have to suspend scientific reasoning around anytime Christ lived among us or any time contact with the spiritual world was written about. Amazing.,

Scam is written all through that so called logic.

Not my claim.

Note I was speaking of the spiritual realm, not Christ's time on earth.
The spiritual realm was active all the time Christ walked among us and performed miracles. The Bible(s) are/ is filled with Devine interventions. Now youā€™re cryin foul if anyone uses math or science to refute, literally anything.

They taught this shit at Trump U.

The spiritual realm was active all the time Christ walked among us and performed miracles. The Bible(s) are/ is filled with Devine interventions. Now youā€™re cryin foul if anyone uses math or science to refute, literally anything.
People of faith believe human make-up is body, mind, spirit/soul. When I speak of the spiritual realm, it is referring to existence beyond physical existence. Are you saying all of Jesus' miracles we know only through hearsay? Correct. We have testimony but no physical proof remains.

Haha

"Bible study"

Give me a break. Ask 1 billion people what is in, say, Genesis, and you will get 1 billion different answers.

In ACTUAL, academic study, this problem does not exist.

You should not use the word "study". "Whimsy" would be more appropriate.

"Bible whimsy"
I studied the Bible during CCD classes on Monday evening for years. Had a whimsy time during this attempted indoctrination.

We now have evidence of stoners.
:) You mean hearsay or testimony. No evidence exists. You are aware people in Biblical times also drank alcoholic beverages? Tsk. tsk. Drunk. Also, many ordinary plants listed in the Bible have hallucinogenic properties. Bet those were discovered, too.

Forum List

Back