Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

What makes you sure the religion you chose is not one of the phony ones?
Maybe Mary made up the lie about the immaculate conception, because she was pro life and didn't want a forced abortion of her baby.

Numbers 5:11-31

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray(A) and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her,(B) and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy(C) come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a](D) of barley flour(E) on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy,(F) a reminder-offering(G) to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair(H) and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy,(I) while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.(J) 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray(K) and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse(L) not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray(M) while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse(N)—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water(O) that brings a curse(P) enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Maybe Mary made up the lie about the immaculate conception, because she was pro life and didn't want a forced abortion of her baby.

11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray(A) and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her,(B) and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy(C) come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a](D) of barley flour(E) on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy,(F) a reminder-offering(G) to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair(H) and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy,(I) while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.(J) 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray(K) and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse(L) not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray(M) while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse(N)—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water(O) that brings a curse(P) enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
What if the cornerstones of Christian faith are that Mary lied about how she got pregnant and somebody stole Jesus’s body after he was crucified.

More believable than an immaculate conception and resurrection

Sure, you run with that buck wheat.

But you said that "most people" agree with him if that were true then "most people" would vote for him

But they don't
You’re struggling to make an argument with nothing to back you up. Bernie has never been nominated, dah. He’s.
never been a presidential candidate. look at every poll. The majority wan5 universal healthcare
But you said that "most people" agree with him if that were true then "most people" would vote for him

But they don't
Ha Ha
have you been sleeping ? He’s never been a candidate for president. Dah.

Mary herself is the immaculate conception, not Jesus.

Which is more likely?

A 15 year old who has never had sex with her husband claims pregnancy through immaculate conception

A God chooses to impregnate a human

Which is more likely?

A 15 year old who has never had sex with her husband claims pregnancy through immaculate conception

A God chooses to impregnate a human

No. Mary was concieved without the stain of sin. She is the immaculate conception.

What, exactly, is an “atheist belief”?
:) Hi, Hollie! I see you are interested in grammar and usage. I like that almost as much as I like etymology. I will start with an example. My husband is an atheist, meaning he holds no belief in God.

'Atheist belief' is the belief no deities exist, which I agree is kind of splitting hairs with the above. In my husband's case, he does not go so far as to say, "No deities exist", he just says he holds no belief.

The usual usage of "atheist belief" is the adamant belief "No deities exist". Period. End of discussion.

Which category would you say you fall into--a simple lack of belief or the more forceful, "No deities exist"?

Yes. Or, in the language of the time, Mamzer. His Father was not Mary's husband.
So if Mary go knocked up by someone other then her husband, she’s a real bitch. That makes Christ not only a bastard but a real son if a bitch. And, why wasn’t Mary stoned for whoring around ? Of course she might have been “ stoned” when she got impregnated. After all “ hemp” was mentioned frequently in the Bible. I think we maybe on to something. The whole family were stoners.

:) Hi, Hollie! I see you are interested in grammar and usage. I like that almost as much as I like etymology. I will start with an example. My husband is an atheist, meaning he holds no belief in God.

'Atheist belief' is the belief no deities exist, which I agree is kind of splitting hairs with the above. In my husband's case, he does not go so far as to say, "No deities exist", he just says he holds no belief.

The usual usage of "atheist belief" is the adamant belief "No deities exist". Period. End of discussion.

Which category would you say you fall into--a simple lack of belief or the more forceful, "No deities exist"?
I think your example is flawed. There is no requirement for belief when a conclusion is based on facts and evidence. I no more have a belief in the non-existence of fairies, elves or supernatural designer gods than I do in a Flat Earth. We can reach those conclusion because no evidence, at any time in human existence, has ever pointed to the existence of fairies, elves, gods, etc.

What category of gods do you feel are more likely - the one stop shopping gods of convenience, (the all-purpose, do everything triune gods), or the the more detail oriented, single task gods of the Hindu variety?

No. When she was conceived, no Original Sin.
Historians place Mary’s age in the range of 12 to 14 years Mary was conceived much earlier. Christ was conceived by statutory rape. How old is this fking Holy Ghost anyway.
This whole Bible shit is about covering up PEDOPHILIA.

Forum List

Back