Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

“Fewer Americans today than five years ago believe in God, and the percentage is down even more from the 1950s and 1960s when almost all Americans did. Still, the vast majority of Americans believe in God, whether that means they believe a higher power hears prayers and can intervene or not. And while belief in God has declined in recent years, Gallup has documented steeper drops in church attendance, church membershipand confidence in organized religion, suggesting that the practice of religious faith may be changing more than basic faith in God.”

19% aren't afraid to say they don't believe in the god.

And about another 30% in America don't go to church or have any connection to religious superstitious beliefs.

19% aren't afraid to say they don't believe in the god.

And about another 30% in America don't go to church or have any connection to religious superstitious beliefs.

If you look at the 50s and 60s, people would not admit they don’t believe in God, they just wouldn’t attend Church

To have almost 20 percent admit they don’t believe is a major shift

“Fewer Americans today than five years ago believe in God, and the percentage is down even more from the 1950s and 1960s when almost all Americans did. Still, the vast majority of Americans believe in God, whether that means they believe a higher power hears prayers and can intervene or not. And while belief in God has declined in recent years, Gallup has documented steeper drops in church attendance, church membershipand confidence in organized religion, suggesting that the practice of religious faith may be changing more than basic faith in God.”
Which god? We can see that a lot of "christians" have switched their worship to the orange godlet instead....

Which god? We can see that a lot of "christians" have switched their worship to the orange godlet instead....
Trump is one of the finest Christians out there
Inspirational

1655501991686.jpeg

The Christian God, of course, and their parents:

Professor Richard Rrorty, who worked at Princeton, University of Virginia, and Stanford had this to say,

“When we American college teachers encounter Christians we do our best to convince these students of the benefit of secularization. Rather, I think those students are lucky to find themselves under the benevolent teaching of people like me and to have escaped the grip of their frightening, vicious, dangerous parents.”

It isn't because they have come to the realization that God doesn't exist. Their faith is a target to be groomed out of them by frightening, vicious, dangerous, demonic teachers.

Last edited:
The Christian God, of course, and their parents:

Professor Richard Rrorty, who worked at Princeton, University of Virginia, and Stanford had this to say,

“When we American college teachers encounter Christians we do our best to convince these students of the benefit of secularization. Rather, I think those students are lucky to find themselves under the benevolent teaching of people like me and to have escaped the grip of their frightening, vicious, dangerous parents.”
Belief in God is down 5 percent among College Grads in the last five years
Down 10 percent in the 18-29 age group

What's your take? A reflection of what people have seen over the lat 10 years, shaking faith? Or is the shaking of people's faith part of the cause of what we have been seeing for the last 10 years, and getting worse yearly?

What's your take? A reflection of what people have seen over the lat 10 years, shaking faith? Or is the shaking of people's faith part of the cause of what we have been seeing for the last 10 years, and getting worse yearly?

I dont think there has been any major change in 20 years

I think people are just more willing to admit it…….to themselves and others

Forum List

Back