Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

The death sentence requires a trial, where two unrelated witnesses, from different angles, saw the action take place.
They saw her getting banged by the Holy Ghost ? She was 12-14 years old . No wonder the big coverup. GOD WAS OBVIOUSLY a pimp for pedophilia. Don’t forget, they could have all been doing hash/ hemp at the time.

What, exactly, is an “atheist belief”?
It’s a belief based upon observations, facts and consensus….not made up shit. People of faith believe made up shit. That is what faith is all about.

If there was no other reasonable explanation for a 14 year old being pregnant or a body disappearing than an immaculate conception and resurrection would be more believable

LOL. I'm pretty sue that being impregnated by the Holy Spirit qualifies as "immaculate".
I’m pretty sure that such things as shrubbery spontaneously bursting into flames, men living to be 900 years old, etc., qualifies as myth and legend.

I think your example is flawed. There is no requirement for belief when a conclusion is based on facts and evidence. I no more have a belief in the non-existence of fairies, elves or supernatural designer gods than I do in a Flat Earth. We can reach those conclusion because no evidence, at any time in human existence, has ever pointed to the existence of fairies, elves, gods, etc.
The inquiry was what I meant when I used the term. I explained what I meant and the grammar behind it. I wasn't arguing for anyone else using the term. My regrets for any umbrage when none was intended.

What category of gods do you feel are more likely - the one stop shopping gods of convenience, (the all-purpose, do everything triune gods), or the the more detail oriented, single task gods of the Hindu variety?
Neither.

Historians place Mary’s age in the range of 12 to 14 years Mary was conceived much earlier. Christ was conceived by statutory rape.
There was no "statutory rape" in Biblical times. In those days, a girl was designated a woman and ready for marriage after her second monthly cycle. Ages twelve to fourteen is the average age for modern, healthy girls. In poorer, earlier times, the standard was fourteen to sixteen.

By the way, if you are trying to get my goat, someone else currently has possession of it. ;)

There was no "statutory rape" in Biblical times.
Well of course, they were a primitive, superstitious, ignorant people with very little knowledge of science or even of philosophy. Even grown women were property, to them. The concept of rape barely existed at all, at any age.

There was no "statutory rape" in Biblical times. In those days, a girl was designated a woman and ready for marriage after her second monthly cycle. Ages twelve to fourteen is the average age for modern, healthy girls. In poorer, earlier times, the standard was fourteen to sixteen.

By the way, if you are trying to get my goat, someone else currently has possession of it. ;)
I’m getting no one’s “goat.” Whether slavery or child sex was permitted at the time vs today is irrelevant. If “ god” was going to impregnate a 12-14 year old girl then, he’d do the same now, right ? At least satan in Rosemary’s baby had the decency to “ wait” for an older married woman. Really, we’re talking about fiction in both cases.

Btw, having mentioned it before, do you think marijuana was in common use back then ?

There was no "statutory rape" in Biblical times.
If god and the Bible is relevant for all times, then it’s time for a big redo, maybe a third edition. Without it, the Bible gets harder and harder to accept even by the gullible. Really, 12 year old girls are fair game ? Statutory rape is a reasonable description in this time just like slavery is.

If god and the Bible is relevant for all times, then it’s time for a big redo, maybe a third edition. Without it, the Bible gets harder and harder to accept even by the gullible.
It definitely requires decades of study. Hmmm. Maybe I should think about writing a primer. It would have to be short--attention spans seem to be shrinking. What do you think? Maybe a Power Point Presentation? Might be an interesting undertaking.

As you you hold no belief it happened that way, shall we move on?
It couldn’t. Of course, people knowing little to nothing about science were much more gullible. You can fool some of the people all of the time…..
This is the essence in Bible belief. There was little to no science to refute the fairy tails. It’s a little different now.

That’s why there are no recent “god stories.”

I don’t doubt there was some mass hysteria around the crusifiction. Neither the bible nor you offer any proof. Been fun.

It definitely requires decades of study. Hmmm. Maybe I should think about writing a primer. It would have to be short--attention spans seem to be shrinking. What do you think? Maybe a Power Point Presentation? Might be an interesting undertaking.
Oh, so you’re going to tell us how smart you are in Bible study ? That’s like saying you’re an expert on the Wizard of Oz. I conceded to your expertise in that area. If you’re going to support a god, we need to see more math and science.

I’m pretty sure that such things as shrubbery spontaneously bursting into flames, men living to be 900 years old, etc., qualifies as myth and legend.

Your ticket has been punched, I am ok with it.

Forum List

Back